This Dark Endeavor: The Apprenticeship of…

This Dark Endeavor: The Apprenticeship of Victor Frankenstein

by Kenneth Oppel

Such Wicked Intent: The Apprenticeship of Victor Frankenstein, Book Two by Kenneth Oppel (SmithSJ01)
    SmithSJ01: This is the second prequel
    Frankenstein by Mary Shelley (souloftherose)
    souloftherose: Readers who enjoyed Kenneth Oppel's prequel to the Frankenstein tale may enjoy Shelley's original tale.

RGG: Not sure it's enough of a page-turner for most readers, but is in the gothic horror style. Reading Interest: 12- YA.
  rgruberexcel | Jan 2, 2017 |
  rgruberexcel | Jan 2, 2017 |
I wanted to give this 2 stars but I think I have it an unfair hands considering this was the first book I read after Vicious. It wasn't terrible, but it felt a little formulaic and cyclical in terms of plot, but. It was okay. Not wow worthy. ( )
  s.pando | Nov 4, 2016 |
  s.pando | Nov 4, 2016 |
This was an obvious finish to the story. I could for see the ending from the first chapter . . .soooo It's a NO on this one
  MrNattania | Oct 29, 2016 |

Is a (non-series) prequel to

For Philippa
We found the monster on a rocky ledge high above the lake.

In this prequel to Mary Shelley's gothic classic, Frankenstein, 16-year-old Victor Frankenstein begins a dark journey that will change his life forever. Victor's twin, Konrad, has fallen ill, and no doctor is able to cure him. Unwilling to give up on his brother, Victor enlists his beautiful cousin Elizabeth and best friend Henry on a treacherous search for the ingredients to create the forbidden Elixir of Life. Impossible odds, dangerous alchemy and a bitter love triangle threaten their quest at every turn.
Victor knows he must not fail. But his success depends on how far he is willing to push the boundaries of nature, science, and love - and how much he is willing to sacrifice.
Victor Frankenstein
Hopes that the Elixir of
Life will save his twin.
(passion4reading)

When his twin brother falls ill in the family's chateau in the independent republic of Geneva in the eighteenth century, sixteen-year-old Victor Frankenstein embarks on a dangerous and uncertain quest to create the forbidden Elixir of Life described in an ancient text in the family's secret Biblioteka Obscura.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 114,504,091 books! | Top bar: Always visible