A Long, Long Sleep by Anna Sheehan

A Long, Long Sleep (edition 2013)

by Anna Sheehan

Member:amongstories
Title:A Long, Long Sleep
Authors:Anna Sheehan
Info:Candlewick (2013), Paperback, 352 pages
Tags:2013 read, fiction, futuristic, young adult, teens, library

A Long, Long Sleep by Anna Sheehan

A great companion for Cinder. ( )
  Mirandalg14 | Aug 18, 2014 |
When Rose is awakened after more than 60 years in stasis, she finds her world a very different place, with everyone she ever know gone. Trying to acclimate, she finds that not only is her existence and the method to preserve it controversial, she is not sure why she was forgotten for so long, and a computerized assassin is tracking her. ( )
  pmlyayakkers | Jul 1, 2014 |
Not bad, but just couldn't force myself to keep reading. Stopped at page 100. Couldn't click with it, I guess.
  Stormydawnc | Jun 23, 2014 |
I picked this up because of the review done by the Book Smugglers, and also because I love fairy tale retellings. The beginning of the book is slow. It took a while for me to get into it, but the last half just flew by. I enjoyed the author's voice, and I was glad she didn't force this into a lovey dovey unhealthy teenage romance paradigm that seems so popular.

I only had one real "complaint": Ok, so you have this all powerful cyborg zombie thing out to kill the heroine. He's so bad ass he strikes fear into the hearts of all. Yet, our stassed out, fragile, stressed flower of a heroine manages to avoid him relatively injury free how many times? It kind of got old after the 3rd and 4th time. It made sense within the overall framework of the story, but still was repetitive.

Overall, I did really like the story and am looking forward to reading more from the author. ( )
  bonreads | Jun 11, 2014 |
Very touching book. Well written (at least in my opinion). I kinda read it quicky and will need to re-read it again some day. ( )
  halkeye | Feb 6, 2014 |
For Drew, because he was my only and this was my first.
I’d try to hold on to my stass dreams as long as I could.

Sixteen-year-old Rosalinda Fitzroy, heir to the multiplanetary corporation UniCorp, is awakened after sixty years in stasis to find that everyone she knew has died and as she tries to make a new life for herself, learns she is the target of a robot assassin.… (more)

70 wanted3 pay8 pay

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,889,387 books! | Top bar: Always visible