All These Things I've Done by Gabrielle…

All These Things I've Done (edition 2011)

by Gabrielle Zevin

Member:sensitivemuse
Title:All These Things I've Done
Authors:Gabrielle Zevin
Info:FSG Kids (2011), Hardcover, 368 pages
Collections:Read but unowned

All These Things I've Done by Gabrielle Zevin

I started to listen to this as an audiobook and really couldn't get into it, so I picked it up in print to try it that way too. I liked it more this way. I liked a world where chocolate was contraband. I liked the relationships between Anya and her family members. However, she never really came together as a character I cared about. I lost interest and didn't finish it. I wanted to like it but just couldn't. ( )
  readerspeak | Dec 8, 2014 |
I absolutely adored this book! It was very hard for me to put this book down and go about doing things I needed to get done. This story was beautiful, sad, funny, and refreshing. It was a change from other YA novels I have read recently. I am hoping that the author is going to continue this story. I fell in love with these characters and I am not ready for this story to be over. Gabrielle Zevin is on my MUST READ list for authors now. I will DEFINITELY read her other books. ( )
  chellebuck79 | Nov 6, 2014 |
Did not finish. Was not for me. Personal pet peeve: audio book narrator was mispronouncing all the Russian words.
  WeaselOfDoom | Mar 27, 2014 |
This book takes place in a future New York, where caffeine and chocolate are illegal. Anya is the daughter of a murdered mob boss. She struggles with full filling this role or that of a good catholic girl.
The one redeeming value of the book is the author's portrayal of family.The book starts out hopeful but by the end I'm sick of what the main character Anya's father would have said. I feel that the author should have expanded on plots she cut short and should have cut short others. I have no intention of reading the second. ( )
  WiseYoungFools | Mar 13, 2014 |

In a future where chocolate and caffeine are contraband, teenage cellphone use is illegal, and water and paper are carefully rationed, sixteen-year-old Anya Balanchine finds herself thrust unwillingly into the spotlight as heir apparent to an important New York City crime family.… (more)

Gabrielle Zevin is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,355,024 books! | Top bar: Always visible