UnWholly (Unwind) by Neal Shusterman

UnWholly (Unwind) (edition 2012)

by Neal Shusterman

Info:Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers (2012), Hardcover, 416 pages
Collections:YA
Tags:YA, Lexile 800s, (860), dystopian

Unwholly by Neal Shusterman

This book is about a company called Proactive Citizenry. They were a group designed to keep unwinding under control. They turned into a group that supported unwinding, and made it worst. A new creation is created, and his name is Cam. He is a creation of unwind parts thrown together. Connor, Lev, and Risa are running towards answers this time instead of running away. Risa is seperated and meets Cam, and is scammed into supporting Proactive Citenzry. The Juvenile Authority comes and destroys the Graveyard.

This book was less exciting than the first book, but it was still good. My favorite person was Nelson the cop. My least favorite person was Cam. My favorite part was when Risa dissed on Proactive Citenzry. My least favorite part was when the Graveyard was destroyed. I can't wait to read the third and fourth book. They will probably be better than the first and second book combined. ( )
  RyanT.B3 | May 28, 2015 |
This book made me late to work. Books don't usually make me cry, but this one managed it. Well done, Mr. Shusterman. Well done. ( )
  reneenmeland | Apr 30, 2015 |
Connor is now in charge of the Graveyard. Risa is paralyzed form the waist down. Lev is...somewhere. One day some stupid kids get hurt and Risa joins them on a trip to the hospital. At the hospital some really complicated set of events take place and Risa sort of gets kidnapped by some people and is forced to have her spine replaced. Risa meets a boy named Camus, Cam for short, and is horrified because Cam wasn't born, he was made entirely from unwound teens. Later in the story, Connor get betrayed by a double-agent-type-person and Risa is blackmailed and forced to support unwinding on television.

The book wasn't too great in my opinion. But on the other hand, there were several cool moments. There were a few parts that were really sad and i kind of liked that. The reasons that i didnt like the book were that there were several slow parts and boring plots. There were also so charaters and situations that i did not think were necessary. ( )
  AnatoliaR.B1 | Mar 1, 2015 |
The first half of this book didn't grab me and keep me reading like I thought it might, since I had been so taken with the first book UnWind. The first half dragged a bit. However, the second half of the book flew by. I usually enjoy reading about what some people think will be our futures as human beings. This particular idea of unwinding teenagers chilled me when I first came across it, and here in this second book we start to get some more clues as to how exactly the world got to the point of excepting such a horrific practice. I'm looking forward to more on this angle in the next and last book of the series. I'm also looking forward to seeing where the characters go from here. The end of the book was a big turning point for them all I think. I'm very interested in Cam now. Recommended if you enjoy dystopia novels. ( )
  Kassilem | Feb 26, 2015 |
In the intro, Shusterman writes something along the lines of "I hope this is a terrifying, sleep-depriving book!"

Yeah, thanks Shusterman.

Yes, some of the new characters do feel a bit like those from [b:Unwind|764347|Unwind (Unwind, #1)|Neal Shusterman|https://d.gr-assets.com/books/1297677706s/764347.jpg|750423], but I don't really mind more of them. And the one that's different ... well, let's just say that he's VERY different.

The best part has to be the plot. It's a bit hard to follow at times, but once you get it, everything falls into place and it's just perfect in its horribleness. If that makes any sense. Which I doubt it does.

Just read it, okay? ( )
  IsaboeOfLumatere | Jan 14, 2015 |
For Charlotte Ruth Shusterman
Love you, Mom
He's fighting a nightmare when they come for him.

"Thanks to Connor, Lev, and Risa, and their high-profile revolt at Happy Jack Harvest Camp, people can no longer turn a blind eye to unwinding. Ridding society of troublesome teens and, in the same stroke, providing much-needed tissues for transplant might be convenient, but its morality has finally been brought into question. However, unwinding has become big business, and there are powerful political and corporate interests that want to see it not only continue, but expand, allowing the unwinding of prisoners and the impoverished. Cam is a teen who does not exist. He is made entirely out of the parts of other unwinds. Cam, a 21st century Frankenstein, struggles with a search for identity and meaning, as well as the concept of his own soul, if indeed a rewound being can have one. When a sadistic bounty hunter who takes "trophies" from the unwinds he captures starts to pursue Connor, Risa and Lev, Cam finds his fate inextricably bound with theirs"--… (more)

266 wanted3 pay3 pay

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 97,853,523 books! | Top bar: Always visible