UnWholly (Unwind) by Neal Shusterman

UnWholly (Unwind) (edition 2012)

by Neal Shusterman

Info:Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers (2012), Hardcover, 416 pages
Collections:YA
Tags:YA, Lexile 800s, (860), dystopian

Unwholly by Neal Shusterman

I love this trilogy so far. It is twisted at times, exciting, and captivating. I can't wait to read #3. ( )
  karconner | Jul 5, 2016 |
Another book to rock me to my very core. I was horrified at some of the things going on in this installment of the series. Particularly the events unfolding around Cam. My heart breaks for some of the kids at the Graveyard and especially for Risa and Connor as they continue their journeys. From the start something was off with other characters for me and I was sad to see that I was correct. I'm anxious to see more of this world and these stories. I want to hear more about Lev, Risa and Connor specifically. I encourage fans of dystopian and fans of Shusterman to read this series! ( )
  MynTop | Apr 8, 2016 |
Shusterman's follow-up to Unwind was utterly brilliant. Originally, Unwind was written to be a stand-alone novel so I wasn't sure what to expect in it's sequel but Shusterman did not disappoint. I'm blown away by the expansion and development of the world and characters created in Unwind and am even more impressed by its potential philosophical implications. This installment proved quickly to be yet another thought-provoking thrill ride. ( )
  suttonrl | Mar 31, 2016 |
  suttonrl | Mar 31, 2016 |
Update Re reading so I can finally read all the books. There are 2 I did not yet read . Those are Undivided and the last one which a lot of people are not happy about Unbound.

September 27 2012: How I loved Unwind, the first book so I was a bit scared to read this. Worried it could never measure up to book 1.

Well so far I am really enjoying this book. Don't think I said this in my Unwind review, but this author reminds me a bit of Stephen King. He is so good in building various characters and makes them all really interesting.

I know he has written a lot of books and would love to hear from you which books I should read by him.

Update September 30 2012
Wow I just discovered I'm lucky. That Unwind was published years ago. In 2007 and that when he decided to write a sequel, that that was a big surprise.

I was lucky in the fact that I did not have to wait as long as so many of his readers. I read Unwind I think this year, and now Unwholly.

The crappy thing is it is obvious there will be a third book so now I do have to wait too.

Finished Unwholly last night and it definitely did not disappoint!
There were a few new characters added, some who resembled the older characters like Roland. Starkey is a bit like Roland but at least Roland had some good things going for him. Starkey gets to be meaner and meaner in this book.
There is someone who just acts like Lev used to. She is a tithe who really wants to be unwind.
We have Nelson who is scary. I am not going to tell more because I do not want to spoiler.

As I said before Neal Shusterman has the same ability as Stephen King to combine many different characters and really make them alive for us.

This book was nearly as good as book 1. Once you start reading you can't stop and want to read much more.

Now what to give this book. 4 or 5 stars. Well compared to a lot of crap I have read this month I am going to give it 5 stars.

(please don't forget to give me recommendations to his books) :) ( )
  Marlene-NL | Mar 12, 2016 |
For Charlotte Ruth Shusterman
Love you, Mom
He's fighting a nightmare when they come for him.

"Thanks to Connor, Lev, and Risa, and their high-profile revolt at Happy Jack Harvest Camp, people can no longer turn a blind eye to unwinding. Ridding society of troublesome teens and, in the same stroke, providing much-needed tissues for transplant might be convenient, but its morality has finally been brought into question. However, unwinding has become big business, and there are powerful political and corporate interests that want to see it not only continue, but expand, allowing the unwinding of prisoners and the impoverished. Cam is a teen who does not exist. He is made entirely out of the parts of other unwinds. Cam, a 21st century Frankenstein, struggles with a search for identity and meaning, as well as the concept of his own soul, if indeed a rewound being can have one. When a sadistic bounty hunter who takes "trophies" from the unwinds he captures starts to pursue Connor, Risa and Lev, Cam finds his fate inextricably bound with theirs"--… (more)

234 wanted4 pay4 pay

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 108,470,431 books! | Top bar: Always visible