Happy Birthday to You! by Dr. Seuss

Happy Birthday to You! (1959)

by Dr. Seuss

I would suggest this book for fifth grade and higher because there is a lot reading and alliteration that younger children would have a hard time understanding.
The book is about the birthday birds of Katroo and the amazing things they do on your birthday.
This book is a fantasy book and the genre is fiction. ( )
  clarionb | Oct 19, 2016 |
This is my daughter's favorite book to have read to her on her birthday - every year!
It can be a bit long for me, but I love making her happy!
If only we all lived in Katroo... ( )
  Stahl-Ricco | Aug 14, 2016 |
This is so fun to read. The best to read for children. This book will make your birthday more memorable and happy. I am sure that children will love to read this and make their birthday be like this every year. ( )
  CristinaAllen | May 31, 2016 |
Sometimes I really wish Dr. Seuss' books were about half the length... My tongue is tied by the end! I swear that's most of what kids like about them just hearing their parents try to get their mouths around all the words at a Seussian pace. Do they hear the message and listen to the words??? I'm not so sure. Sure hope they don't request this one again for a couple of weeks! ;) ( )
  maddiemoof | Oct 18, 2015 |
This is a tradition; I read this to my son the night before his birthday & on his birthday each year. ( )
  engpunk77 | Aug 10, 2015 |
For my good friends, the Children of San Diego County
I wish we could do what they do it Katroo.

Describes a birthday celebration in Katroo presided over by the Birthday Bird.

"Today you are you! That is truer than true! There is no one alive who is you-er than you!" Since 1959, Happy Birthday to You!—Dr. Seuss’s joyous ode to individuality—has allowed readers to experience firsthand the thrill of celebrating a birthday as it is done in Katroo. Awakened by the Birthday Bird, you (the reader) are swept out of town on a Smorgasbord’s back to begin a day and night of feasting and feting in such Seussian splendor that it will take 20 days to sweep up the mess!

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:04:53 -0400)

Describes a birthday celebration in Katroo presided over by the Birthday Bird.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 109,710,568 books! | Top bar: Always visible