Happy Birthday to You! by Dr. Seuss

Happy Birthday to You! (1959)

by Dr. Seuss

A confusing book about a boy and a bird. The bird is like a fairy tale. It takes the boy to places he never went to and the boy in response wants more and seems to be content. A really fun place the bird takes him to is the pool. The pool has many steps and fountains and he could just dive from one place to another. ( )
  sabdelaz | Mar 2, 2014 |
a book that would make a child's birthday special. ( )
  AFichter | Oct 1, 2013 |
Birthdays are very important to children because it is a day that is dedicated just to them! Dr. Suess expresses the importance of Birthdays in this book by helping a child create a magical day for them. The food, people, parties, and music in this book helps show how special birthdays are for children. This book is fun and imaginative for children to have and gives great ideas to what special things a parent can do for their own children. ( )
  Chelz517 | Sep 21, 2013 |
I adore Dr. Seuss. It is no surprise to me that I adored this book. I love it all, maybe because I grew up with his books. I would love to make this book a tradition in my classroom. Read it for every birthday that happens in my class. I think that was one of the best parts of elementary school. The special birthday treatment: the crown, candy, certificate, sticker. Why not make a special birthday book a part of that. Even after a while the kids would start to remember it and even depending the grade level, they could take turns reading the different pages. It's just a thought though. I just really want to be the teacher that creates special memories for my kids. ( )
  ravjohns | Sep 19, 2013 |
This is actually one of Dr.Seuss books that i have never read before. Happy Birthday To You is about a Great Birthday bird who comes and gets you on your birthday. He brings you to amazing places and lets you do all kinds of cool things. The birthday bird doesn't just come on any particular day though cause it must be your birthday. The story just like all Dr. Seuss's books was great. The rhyming in is books are what made him someone special. ( )
  achatela | Jan 30, 2013 |

Is contained in

For my good friends, the Children of San Diego County
I wish we could do what they do it Katroo.

Describes a birthday celebration in Katroo presided over by the Birthday Bird.

"Today you are you! That is truer than true! There is no one alive who is you-er than you!" Since 1959, Happy Birthday to You!—Dr. Seuss’s joyous ode to individuality—has allowed readers to experience firsthand the thrill of celebrating a birthday as it is done in Katroo. Awakened by the Birthday Bird, you (the reader) are swept out of town on a Smorgasbord’s back to begin a day and night of feasting and feting in such Seussian splendor that it will take 20 days to sweep up the mess!

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:23:10 -0400)

Describes a birthday celebration in Katroo presided over by the Birthday Bird.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,555,846 books! | Top bar: Always visible