Happy Birthday to You! by Dr. Seuss

Happy Birthday to You! (1959)

by Dr. Seuss

Happy Birthday To You by Dr. Seuss is a book using rhyming that tells about what happens at birthdays in Katroo. In Katroo, they have birthday birds that grow there and go to every child on their birthday and grants them the wish of whatever they want to do.

I like this book a lot because it uses rhyme to teach children about birthdays. It is also a fun book to get children thinking about what they would want to do for their birthdays even though it cannot be on as grand a scheme.

I would use this book to read each month when we celebrate the birthdays for that month. It would be a fun book to read.
  Cecelia.McKay | Jul 11, 2014 |
An excellent book to read to children about a boy and a fairy tale like bird. It takes the boy to places he has never ventured. The fairy-tale like bird takes him to a pool with many steps and fountains and feeds him all kinds of luxurious foods and helps him feel worthy of his birthday. The pool has many steps and fountains and he could just dive from one place to another. ( )
  sabdelaz | Mar 2, 2014 |
a book that would make a child's birthday special. ( )
  AFichter | Oct 1, 2013 |
Birthdays are very important to children because it is a day that is dedicated just to them! Dr. Suess expresses the importance of Birthdays in this book by helping a child create a magical day for them. The food, people, parties, and music in this book helps show how special birthdays are for children. This book is fun and imaginative for children to have and gives great ideas to what special things a parent can do for their own children. ( )
  Chelz517 | Sep 21, 2013 |
I adore Dr. Seuss. It is no surprise to me that I adored this book. I love it all, maybe because I grew up with his books. I would love to make this book a tradition in my classroom. Read it for every birthday that happens in my class. I think that was one of the best parts of elementary school. The special birthday treatment: the crown, candy, certificate, sticker. Why not make a special birthday book a part of that. Even after a while the kids would start to remember it and even depending the grade level, they could take turns reading the different pages. It's just a thought though. I just really want to be the teacher that creates special memories for my kids. ( )
  ravjohns | Sep 19, 2013 |

Is contained in

For my good friends, the Children of San Diego County
I wish we could do what they do it Katroo.

Describes a birthday celebration in Katroo presided over by the Birthday Bird.

"Today you are you! That is truer than true! There is no one alive who is you-er than you!" Since 1959, Happy Birthday to You!—Dr. Seuss’s joyous ode to individuality—has allowed readers to experience firsthand the thrill of celebrating a birthday as it is done in Katroo. Awakened by the Birthday Bird, you (the reader) are swept out of town on a Smorgasbord’s back to begin a day and night of feasting and feting in such Seussian splendor that it will take 20 days to sweep up the mess!

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:23:10 -0400)

Describes a birthday celebration in Katroo presided over by the Birthday Bird.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,664,079 books! | Top bar: Always visible