Happy Birthday to You! by Dr. Seuss

Happy Birthday to You! (1959)

by Dr. Seuss

I really liked this book for many reasons. This book was a very comical and fun book to read because most of the words and the entire story was made up of unrealistic characters and funny things. The language the author used was rhythmic and rhyming, which I liked a lot because it was interesting to me to see what words he would pick or make up to rhyme with certain words. The characters in the book, although make believe, were very fun and relate-able with young readers. The characters in the book talk about a special day in which you were born and teaches kids about birthdays and how on this day they are so very important. When I was reading this book I was never bored or uninterested, I always wanted to keep reading. The illustrations in the book were very creative and always went along with what the book was talking about. The colors were vibrant and never truly dull becuase the book wasn't. I think that the point of this book was to teach readers about birthdays and what kind of things happen on your birthday. The author also talks about how since you and you and on your birthday you only celebrate you, nobody else.
  MackenzieVenezia | Nov 11, 2016 |
I would suggest this book for fifth grade and higher because there is a lot reading and alliteration that younger children would have a hard time understanding.
The book is about the birthday birds of Katroo and the amazing things they do on your birthday.
This book is a fantasy book and the genre is fiction. ( )
  clarionb | Oct 19, 2016 |
This is my daughter's favorite book to have read to her on her birthday - every year!
It can be a bit long for me, but I love making her happy!
If only we all lived in Katroo... ( )
  Stahl-Ricco | Aug 14, 2016 |
This is so fun to read. The best to read for children. This book will make your birthday more memorable and happy. I am sure that children will love to read this and make their birthday be like this every year. ( )
  CristinaAllen | May 31, 2016 |
Sometimes I really wish Dr. Seuss' books were about half the length... My tongue is tied by the end! I swear that's most of what kids like about them just hearing their parents try to get their mouths around all the words at a Seussian pace. Do they hear the message and listen to the words??? I'm not so sure. Sure hope they don't request this one again for a couple of weeks! ;) ( )
  maddiemoof | Oct 18, 2015 |
For my good friends, the Children of San Diego County
I wish we could do what they do it Katroo.

Describes a birthday celebration in Katroo presided over by the Birthday Bird.

"Today you are you! That is truer than true! There is no one alive who is you-er than you!" Since 1959, Happy Birthday to You!—Dr. Seuss’s joyous ode to individuality—has allowed readers to experience firsthand the thrill of celebrating a birthday as it is done in Katroo. Awakened by the Birthday Bird, you (the reader) are swept out of town on a Smorgasbord’s back to begin a day and night of feasting and feting in such Seussian splendor that it will take 20 days to sweep up the mess!

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:04:53 -0400)

Describes a birthday celebration in Katroo presided over by the Birthday Bird.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 110,720,373 books! | Top bar: Always visible