Happy Birthday to You! by Dr. Seuss

Happy Birthday to You! (1959)

by Dr. Seuss

Sometimes I really wish Dr. Seuss' books were about half the length... My tongue is tied by the end! I swear that's most of what kids like about them just hearing their parents try to get their mouths around all the words at a Seussian pace. Do they hear the message and listen to the words??? I'm not so sure. Sure hope they don't request this one again for a couple of weeks! ;) ( )
  maddiemoof | Oct 18, 2015 |
This is a tradition; I read this to my son the night before his birthday & on his birthday each year. ( )
  engpunk77 | Aug 10, 2015 |
I enjoyed this book a lot and I strongly believe in ready Dr. Seuss books to children. I would read this book probably while doing a lesson plan with Dr. Seuss books. I would enjoy to read this book on Dr. Seuss' birthday and kinda make a week of Dr. Seuss activities. ( )
  kdufrene | Apr 26, 2015 |
Happy Birthday to You! by Dr. Seuss tells what the birthday bird dos in Katroo. This would be a great book to read to any birthday boy or girl. Dr. Seuss writes in a way that whoever reads the book will feel special. Students can learn about birthdays in Katroo and how great it is to be yourself. I love this book and every year, when I was younger, my parents would read this book to me. The part that stuck out the most to me is, "Today you are you! That is truer than true! There is no one alive that is you-er than you!" That always made me feel good because I felt irreplaceable and I felt that I was important. I think that it is important for people to feel that way. You have a totally different outlook on life. ( )
  Nijania | Nov 24, 2014 |
I have always loved reading books by Dr. Seuss because of all the great rhyming that they contain. I specifically chose to read this book because it was about birthdays, and as children everyone looks forward to that special day where everything gets to be about the birthday boy or girl. This book was something very fun to read and should be read to kids on their birthday just to remind them how great they are! ( )
  K_Rodriguez | Oct 1, 2014 |

Is contained in

For my good friends, the Children of San Diego County
I wish we could do what they do it Katroo.

Describes a birthday celebration in Katroo presided over by the Birthday Bird.

"Today you are you! That is truer than true! There is no one alive who is you-er than you!" Since 1959, Happy Birthday to You!—Dr. Seuss’s joyous ode to individuality—has allowed readers to experience firsthand the thrill of celebrating a birthday as it is done in Katroo. Awakened by the Birthday Bird, you (the reader) are swept out of town on a Smorgasbord’s back to begin a day and night of feasting and feting in such Seussian splendor that it will take 20 days to sweep up the mess!

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:04:53 -0400)

Describes a birthday celebration in Katroo presided over by the Birthday Bird.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 100,865,290 books! | Top bar: Always visible