La Ciguapa by Anthony C Patton

Authors:Anthony C Patton
Info:
Rating:***

La Ciguapa by Anthony C. Patton

I received this book from the librarything member giveaway program. Hailey is a dancer coming out of a bad relationship and fells are mean are dirt bags. Her life dramatically changes when she finds out she is a mythical Ciguapa that have turned feet and prey on men. Finding a tribe of Ciguapa forces Hailey to make a life alterting decision. The story was confusing to follow at times, and read almost like a play instad of a novel. All in all the story was nice deversion from work. ( )
  CKHillman | Jul 21, 2011 |
The goddess with inverted feet. At first, I thought this book was going to be more mythology than thriller. How wrong I was. La ciguapa was intriguing and mysterious. It certainly is a happyily ever after story where the Ciguapa goddess ends with the love of her life someone who she denied her feelings for and he turns out to be her prince charming and wins her heart. Splendidly written. 2 Thumbs up! ( )
1 vote loston7582 | Apr 9, 2011 |
This ebook started out and I was not sure if i would like this book or not. the main character Hailey starts by robbing a guy she slept with. Hailey is a stripper she does not think much about men. Later we learn she has been let down by a few. Hailey has a birth defect that her feet our facing the wrong way. An old guy comes and gets her to give him a lap dance and tells her that he will give a million dollars to father a baby and he knows after she will kill him. then wants to take her to domin republic where her kind are found and gives her two plane tickets and dies. He called her Ciguapa a mystical society. Hailey goes to library to look up Ciguapa and meets someone who knows about them. Hailey and her friend go the island to learn more about these powerful women. Meet two guys and hook up. thier is way too much drinking. Hailey finally meets other ciguapa and has to make choices of what she wants her future to be. the characters were okay. the story worked well together and brought it all together at the end. ( )
1 vote rhonda1111 | Mar 29, 2011 |
I don't know if this would count as a proper review, but it's just that i could not bring myself to going through the entire book. Half way through it i just had to stop. There were too many repetitions of entire lines altogether. The legend of the Ciguapa was really interesting and i thought that the book would be one of those thrillers where the old legends come to life and disrupt the normal lives of people... not that i finished the novel but still even half way through i really didn't find anything remotely exciting. I wouldn't recommend this . ( )
  superphoenix | Mar 14, 2011 |
La Ciguapa is a story I received as a member giveaway on librarything.

Anthony C Patton has written a story with a difference. Involving the main character Hailey a stripper/dancer who is beautiful with long hair and Inverted Feet.

Yes you read that correctly inverted feet, making her a goddess, "a symbol of femine power" (a quote from the story). Haley finds out that the inverted feet have a special meaning and maybe she's a ciguapa. "A mythological creature".

A journey takes Hailey and her best friend Tasha to the Dominician Replublic where people seem to be aware of the myth and they find out that not everything is just blue sky and palm trees. Finding a love interest alone the way.

I found this book to be an easy read, one i finished in a few hours as it's a novella size. I would of loved to see this book extended with more details and feelings about how the characters looked at one another, the expressions they showed especially between Hailey and Andrew and the surroundings in which it was set in. So I could visualise them in 3D instead of 2D.

I didn't mind that the book read like a play as I knew who was talking. This book was entertaining enough to keep my interest and attention as i couldn't put it down as i wanted to know what was going to happen and more about the myth of Ciguapa. ( )
1 vote melhaf76 | Mar 13, 2011 |

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

Anthony C. Patton's book La Ciguapa was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

Anthony C. Patton is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 115,262,916 books! | Top bar: Always visible