Final Sacrifice by Tony Lee

Final Sacrifice

by Tony Lee, Matthew Dow Smith (Illustrator)

Other authors: Jonathan L. Davis (Contributor), Al Davison (Contributor), Al Davison (Illustrator), Matthew Dow Smith (Contributor), Kelly Yates (Illustrator)

Series: Doctor Who (Graphic Novel), Doctor Who Ongoing (3), IDW Doctor Who Collections (13)

It's a bit slow, but this part ties up all the threads that were thrown out in the previous two books. It's good - as the Doctor always is - but the ending got a little too wibbly wobbly timey wimey even for me. The villains point of view is very well presented, though, and this is still a fun little trilogy and should be read by all Whovians. ( )
  -Eva- | Jul 25, 2015 |
I guess if you cared about Lee's original companions, you'd care about this book, but I don't and I don't. The situation here is contrived by a seemingly-omnipotent and poorly-motivated enemy, solely to teach the Doctor some kind of lesson that I don't really understand the purpose of. The end piles on crazy revelation after crazy revelation. Plus Torchwood is in this, which I guess is good for you if you like "The Time Machination" (I didn't) or if you thought what this story needed were a group of pointless characters to stand around.

There are some short stories in the back, which are decent: some are better in concept than execution, but I like the art in all three (and in the main story, too, actually; Matthew Dow Smith is great at capturing likeness but keeping it stylized). There's a lovely moment where the tenth Doctor dreams of the eleventh.
  Stevil2001 | Sep 8, 2014 |

Tony Lee's narrative achieves a very happy union with Matthew Dow Smith's art here, and the story arc arc is rounded off dramatically and satisfactorily. The book is rounded out with three stories from the 2010 Doctor Who Annual, which I now realise I hadn't read; they too are very good. ( )
  nwhyte | May 20, 2013 |
The conclusion of the story begun in Fugitive and Tesseract finds the Tenth Doctor, his allies and enemies on a planet caught in endless civil war. The actions of the Doctor will determine whether the cycle will be broken but requires confounding choices and sacrifice. The comic format allows for a visual imagination that would not likely be convincing in a televised format but on the other hand the dialogue seems spare and simplistic. Still, this is a great adventure and addition to the Doctor Who oeuvre. ( )
  Othemts | Sep 3, 2012 |

Tony Leeprimary authorall editionscalculated
Smith, Matthew DowIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed
Davis, Jonathan L.Contributorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Davison, AlContributorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Davison, AlIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Smith, Matthew DowContributorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Yates, KellyIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

The Doctor tries to prevent planet-wide civil war and avoid some misplaced paranormal investigators while he struggles to save a friend from the Advocate.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,885,607 books! | Top bar: Always visible