Neil Gaiman's Neverwhere by Neil…

Neil Gaiman's "Neverwhere" (edition 2006)

by Neil Gaiman (Adapter), Mike Carey (Adapter), Glenn Fabry (Illustrator)

The comics adaptation of Neil Gaiman's novel follows the adventures of an ordinary Londoner who stops to help an enigmatic girl and is drawn into a battle to save a strange underworld kingdom--London Below--from destruction.
Member:paulmorriss
Title:Neil Gaiman's "Neverwhere"
Authors:Neil Gaiman
Other authors:Mike Carey (Adapter), Glenn Fabry (Illustrator)
Info:Titan Books Ltd (2006), Paperback, 224 pages
Collections:Read but unowned

Neil Gaiman's Neverwhere [comic book adaptation] by Mike Carey (Adapter)

English (27)  Polish (1)  All languages (28)
A job well done... not the novel, but well, I *knew* that. ( )
  kmajort | Feb 9, 2018 |
One of the most interesting book I've ever read. This is Neil Gaiman's master piece. The plot is crazy, you can't ever predict what's going to happen next. The characters are very rich. In short. Amazing book. Must read. ( )
  Dohakoma | Apr 4, 2017 |
It's a bit strange to find a graphic novel adaptation of a work of fiction by an author famed for writing graphic novels. Stranger still that it's a pretty good one. Perhaps because Neil Gaiman writes both forms, they translate easily. Anyway, the characters of Neverwhere are well-realised by their co-authors and illustrators, and the story rollicks along between various London Below locations such as Earl's Court, Blackfriars and the Angel, Islington -- each of which assumes a literal reality there. It's nicely done, though Richard Mahew's London Above life does seem excessively boring and meaningless. ( )
  questbird | Dec 10, 2016 |
This is a graphic novel version of the TV-series and book by Neil Gaiman. I was wary since I already have pictures of the characters in my head, but it was a very good version, although Croup and Vandemar weren't as hilarious as they "normally" are. This isn't one of my favorite of Gaiman's works, but since the original is a TV script, the graphic novel works almost better than the novel. The art is amazing as well - I'm already like Glenn Fabry (who also does Preacher) and he does not disappoint here; it takes a little to change my idea of the characters' looks, but these versions work very well so I'm converted. Highly recommended, especially if you've not read Neverwhere before. ( )
  -Eva- | Jun 5, 2016 |
Love this book! Great story, great artwork! ( )
  BooksOn23rd | Nov 25, 2015 |

Carey, MikeAdapterprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Fabry, GlennIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed
Klein, ToddLetterersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Is an adaptation of

There is a story I heard when the TV series of Neverwhere was first commissioned in Britain by the BBC, more than ten years ago now.
Comic book adaptation of Neil Gaiman's novel Neverwhere.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 140,255,715 books! | Top bar: Always visible