Dead Until Dark (Southern Vampire Mysteries,…

Dead Until Dark (Southern Vampire Mysteries, No. 1) (original 2001; edition 2008)

by Charlaine Harris

Member:lprosenbaum
Title:Dead Until Dark (Southern Vampire Mysteries, No. 1)
Authors:Charlaine Harris
Info:Ace (2008), Mass Market Paperback, 304 pages

Dead Until Dark by Charlaine Harris (2001)

Bitten by Kelley Armstrong (Katymelrose)
    Katymelrose: Both series are paranormal romance with strong female protagonists.
    Guilty Pleasures by Laurell K. Hamilton (FFortuna)
    You Slay Me by Katie MacAlister (laur0209)
    Darkfever by Karen Marie Moning (avalon_today)
    avalon_today: Both girls are from the South. Blond, cute, feisty, with a talent for attracting trouble, and tall sexy men with foreign accents.
    Storm Front by Jim Butcher (Waldheri)
    Waldheri: Similar because: both urban supernatural fantasy, both have lovable main characters and both are speckled with humour.
    Undead and Unwed by MaryJanice Davidson (amberwitch)
    A Job From Hell by Jayde Scott (Anonymous user)
    Tempest Rising by Nicole Peeler (becksdakex)
    becksdakex: 20 something woman living in a small town, considered weird. Meets sexy vampire, mystery, murder and many different sups.
    Cowboy and The Vampire: A Very Unusual Romance by Clark Hays (GirlMisanthrope)
    Undead and Unemployed by MaryJanice Davidson (gaialover)
    Dark Challenge by Christine Feehan (kapuwolves)
    kapuwolves: It is another vampire baddie, but goodie. It follows a deep, dark romance between two individuals, difference is: both of them are vampires. These are not the kind of bonds, or the kind of vampires we are used to.

English (505)  Hungarian (2)  French (2)  Dutch (1)  Italian (1)  All languages (511)
A guilty pleasure. Sookie is a great main character. ( )
  JanetNoRules | Sep 17, 2018 |
Está bien como lectura ligera, para entretenerse cuando no quieras pensar demasiado. También para reírse de sus muchos absurdos. Y poco más. ( )
  iceinmyblues | Sep 16, 2018 |
I am not a vampire fan but I did enjoy this book! (thank you, Andie!) I will continue this series as it comes from the library... ( )
  cubsfan3410 | Sep 1, 2018 |
So I decided to re-read this series. I miss this series, it was one of my all time favorites. I also loved the show True Blood. While re-reading this I realized how much I love Sookie, she is such a strong independent person. She knows what she wants and nobody can stand in her way. But after reading it a second time I realized, Sookie is stupid. Bill is seriously a creep, not just because hes a vamp, hes just a creep. Tara is the best her and Sam are my favorites once again. And who can forget Lafayette in all his cross dressing jokes :) Love it! I think as I re-read this and kinda remember what will happen I'm reading from a new perspective. WHY ISN'T SHE WITH SAM DAMMIT!!!! ( )
  nicolemeier111 | Aug 29, 2018 |
I absolutely loved this book and this series! I got involved with this series before True Blood became a show and I couldn't quit reading. I ended up getting all caught up and then had to wait each year for the next to come out until Harris finally reached the end of the series (I was devastated and wanted more Sookie Stackhouse in my life). It's been nearly 10 years since I read the first one and probably getting close to time for a re-read! ( )
  justagirlwithabook | Aug 2, 2018 |

Parker, JohannaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Setterborg, GabrielTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Vainikainen-Uusitalo… JohannaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Wojtczak, EwaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
My thanks and appreciation go to the people who thought this book was a good idea--Dean James, Toni L. P. Kelner, and Gary and Susan Nowlin
I'd been waiting for the vampire for years when he walked into the bar.
"It's hard for me to get used to young ladies with so few clothes on" - Bill Compton.
"Bill, are you quite attached to your friend?" - Eric Northman
Cruel and Unusual, European edition of Dead Until Dark.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0441008534, Mass Market Paperback)

Visit our Sookie Stackhouse series feature page.

Sookie Stackhouse is just a small-time cocktail waitress in small-town Louisiana. Until the vampire of her dreams walks into her life-and one of her coworkers checks out....

Maybe having a vampire for a boyfriend isn't such a bright idea.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:24:21 -0400)

Sookie Stackhouse is a cocktail waitress in small-town Louisiana, but she keeps to herself and doesn't date much because of her "disability" to read minds. When she meets Bill, Sookie can't hear a word he's thinking. He's the type of guy she's waited for all of her life, but he has a disability, too--he's a vampire with a bad reputation. When one of Sookie's coworkers is killed, she fears she's next. Sookie Stackhouse is just a small-time cocktail waitress in small-town Louisiana. Until the vampire of her dreams walks into her life-and one of her coworkers checks out. Maybe having a vampire for a boyfriend isn't such a bright idea. A new vampire mystery, in the vein of a lighter & more romantic Laurell Hamilton.… (more)

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,847,954 books! | Top bar: Always visible