Dead Until Dark (Sookie Stackhouse/True…

Dead Until Dark (Sookie Stackhouse/True Blood) (original 2001; edition 2010)

by Charlaine Harris

Member:gofergrl84
Title:Dead Until Dark (Sookie Stackhouse/True Blood)
Authors:Charlaine Harris
Info:Ace Trade (2010), Edition: Reprint, Paperback, 327 pages
Collections:Your library, ebooks
Rating:***1/2
Tags:fiction, vampires, mystery, romance

Dead Until Dark by Charlaine Harris (2001)

Bitten by Kelley Armstrong (Katymelrose)
    Katymelrose: Both series are paranormal romance with strong female protagonists.
    Guilty Pleasures by Laurell K. Hamilton (FFortuna)
    You Slay Me by Katie MacAlister (laur0209)
    Darkfever by Karen Marie Moning (avalon_today)
    avalon_today: Both girls are from the South. Blond, cute, feisty, with a talent for attracting trouble, and tall sexy men with foreign accents.
    Storm Front by Jim Butcher (Waldheri)
    Waldheri: Similar because: both urban supernatural fantasy, both have lovable main characters and both are speckled with humour.
    Undead and Unwed by MaryJanice Davidson (amberwitch)
    A Job From Hell by Jayde Scott (Anonymous user)
    Tempest Rising by Nicole Peeler (becksdakex)
    becksdakex: 20 something woman living in a small town, considered weird. Meets sexy vampire, mystery, murder and many different sups.
    Cowboy and The Vampire: A Very Unusual Romance by Clark Hays (GirlMisanthrope)
    Undead and Unemployed by MaryJanice Davidson (gaialover)
    Dark Challenge by Christine Feehan (kapuwolves)
    kapuwolves: It is another vampire baddie, but goodie. It follows a deep, dark romance between two individuals, difference is: both of them are vampires. These are not the kind of bonds, or the kind of vampires we are used to.

English (479)  Hungarian (2)  French (2)  Dutch (1)  Portuguese (1)  Italian (1)  Portuguese (Brazil) (1)  All languages (487)
Me quedé al 5%, no he sido capaz de pasar de ahí. Y eso que no me gusta dejar los libros a medias.
No puedo añadir mucho más teniendo en cuenta que no he acabado el libro. Pero si sirve de referencia, es la primera y última vez que tengo en cuenta la recomendación de alguien a quien le gusta Crepúsculo ¬¬ ( )
  Minimissplaced | Jul 21, 2016 |
I registered a book at BookCrossing.com!
  cctesttc1 | Jul 20, 2016 |
I registered a book at BookCrossing.com!
  Lunapilot | Jul 19, 2016 |
I watch True Blood and was told by several people the books are different from the shows. I was also told the audio books are really good. The reader of this audio book sounds SO much like Anna Paquin, it's just freaky. The show is also pretty close to the book. Bubba, who I guess is in the books a lot, is not on the show. I really enjoyed listening to this book and plan to listen to the entire series. I will say listening to it read out loud, the dialog is pretty simple and not dynamic. But still a fun listen on the way to/from work. ( )
  MHanover10 | Jul 10, 2016 |
I really enjoyed this book. A few of the other paranormal books have taken a bit to get into but I was "in" to this book within the first 10 pages. The characters are fun and quirky and the setting is refreshing.

The storyline was entertaining and the identity of the killer turned out to be not too surprising, but not really expected either. I wasn't sure who it'd be but when I found out I wasn't shocked either. Good stuff. And at 290 some pages its a pretty easy read. ( )
  thanbini | Jun 19, 2016 |

Charlaine Harrisprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Harris, Charlainemain authorall editionsconfirmed
Desimini, LisaCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Parker, JohannaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
My thanks and appreciation go to the people who thought this book was a good idea--Dean James, Toni L. P. Kelner, and Gary and Susan Nowlin
I'd been waiting for the vampire for years when he walked into the bar.
"It's hard for me to get used to young ladies with so few clothes on" - Bill Compton.
"Bill, are you quite attached to your friend?" - Eric Northman

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0441008534, Mass Market Paperback)

Visit our Sookie Stackhouse series feature page.

Sookie Stackhouse is just a small-time cocktail waitress in small-town Louisiana. Until the vampire of her dreams walks into her life-and one of her coworkers checks out....

Maybe having a vampire for a boyfriend isn't such a bright idea.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:24:21 -0400)

Sookie Stackhouse is a cocktail waitress in small-town Louisiana, but she keeps to herself and doesn't date much because of her "disability" to read minds. When she meets Bill, Sookie can't hear a word he's thinking. He's the type of guy she's waited for all of her life, but he has a disability, too--he's a vampire with a bad reputation. When one of Sookie's coworkers is killed, she fears she's next. Sookie Stackhouse is just a small-time cocktail waitress in small-town Louisiana. Until the vampire of her dreams walks into her life-and one of her coworkers checks out. Maybe having a vampire for a boyfriend isn't such a bright idea. A new vampire mystery, in the vein of a lighter & more romantic Laurell Hamilton.… (more)

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 107,483,529 books! | Top bar: Always visible