I'm Over All That: And Other…

I'm Over All That: And Other Confessions

by Shirley MacLaine

English (7)  Dutch (1)  All (8)
Resonated. ( )
  DianaSaco | Jul 8, 2015 |
When I read, Out on a Limb by Shirley Maclaine, I was excited to read her latest book. I have to say I was disappointed. It is a collection of what she doesn't pay any attention to any more. Which happens to the majority of people who are of advancing age. There was a little name dropping along the way. Over all it is an OK book but I wouldn't buy it again. ( )
  ShirleyMcLain930 | Aug 3, 2014 |
started off interesting with opinions on aging, vanity, politics, and a couple of stories about her interactions were interesting, but not entertaining. which is what you might expect from an entertainer. a lot of new age, reincarnation, previous lives information so if you're into that aspect of her life, this may be the memoir for you. it wasn't for me. ( )
  robynsc | Sep 2, 2013 |
Shirley MacLaine is crazy, but in a good, happy, self-centered way. The book was almost like a stream-of-consciousness paper that everyone who has taken a writing class has done at some point. Entertaining, but strange. ( )
  luvlylibrarian | May 16, 2012 |
I don't share all her beliefs, but I applaud Shirley Maclaine's courage in openly expressing them without regard for what others might think. The conversation around her dinner table must be fascinating.

I found most of what she's "over" (or not) interesting, but a few I couldn't relate to.

Because I share her belief in reincarnation, I found her view on memory loss as we age intriguing:

"Perhaps it is by design that with age our short-term memory disappears and long-term memory is more present, because it is necessary to resolve and come to terms with our lives so we can understand why we created them in the first place." ( )
  Linda_Cassidy_Lewis | Jul 10, 2011 |
With her latest release, Academy Award–winning actress MacLaine won’t remind readers why she's been so successful entertaining others. What begins as a memoir laid out in brief, anecdotal chapters on all that the author is “over” and “not over” rapidly descends into a jumbled mash-up of her personal beliefs on everything under the sun.
added by Shortride | editKirkus Reviews (Apr 1, 2011)

For Peter

In a collection of personal essays, the actress shares her views and insights on aging, Hollywood, being polite, sex, and anger.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 120,874,217 books! | Top bar: Always visible