If You Ask Me: (And of Course You Won't) by…

If You Ask Me: (And of Course You Won't) (edition 2011)

by Betty White, Lisa Amoroso (Jacket design), Kwaku Alston (Cover photo), Laura Wyss (Photo research), Meighan Cavanaugh (Designer)

"Drawing from a lifetime of lessons learned, seven-time Emmy winner Betty White's wit and wisdom take center stage as she tackles topics like friendship, romantic love, aging, television, fans, love for animals, and the brave new world of celebrity. If You Ask Me mixes her thoughtful observations with humorous stories from a seven- decade career in Hollywood"--Publisher's description.… (more)
Member:jimcripps
Title:If You Ask Me: (And of Course You Won't)
Authors:Betty White
Other authors:Lisa Amoroso (Jacket design), Kwaku Alston (Cover photo), Laura Wyss (Photo research), Meighan Cavanaugh (Designer)
Info:Putnam Adult (2011), Hardcover, 272 pages
Tags:actress, biography, aging, tv, television, acting

If You Ask Me by Betty White

I chose to listen to this book on Audible because of Betty White's soothing voice and it's similarities to my dearly departed grandmother's voice. I felt as if they were very similar people in many ways, but after this listen I'm not so sure.

Betty reads a book about her own life as if she's reading about someone she doesn't know. I'm not sure if the reading is bland or if the story is, but I felt as if a story with the possibility for emotion in some places was left as flat as the paper before being read. I kept waiting for Betty to expand on some of the stories that felt like they had the potential to be whole chapters on their own, yet I was let down each time and it seemed as if most stories circled around to the 2011 SAG Awards.

Forty-plus chapters of teaser stories that started my emotions and imagination going on what Betty White must be like as a person when she isn't doing "actor stuff" or before she was famous, all to be let down by short endings and lots of references to one award in 2011. ( )
  Shannon.Allen | Aug 24, 2019 |
Winsome and warm, but not much more than that. ( )
  patl | Feb 18, 2019 |
I thought this book was really good. I have loved Betty White since I first saw the Golden Girls and she is fabulous in Hot in Cleveland. She wrote about her life and her love for animals and talked about her experiences in tv and her family. It was really interesting to hear about all this because I knew nothing about her life and her interests. I would definitely suggest it to anyone. It was a quick read and an easy read as well.
  SWade0126 | Jan 11, 2019 |
I love Betty White. When I saw this I knew I had to listen to it. Half of her charm is her voice and the way she speaks. It was just a slice of her life and so much fun! ( )
  whybehave2002 | Dec 18, 2018 |
Good book full of character that is Betty White. It is her life, we are all just admiring it ( )
  Preston.Kringle | Nov 23, 2018 |
Gratefully Dedicated to Loretta, Marysue and Bruce
One time I remember hearing someone ask my friend, George Burns, if he had read a certain book, current at the time.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 141,820,707 books! | Top bar: Always visible