The Burning Sky: Halcyon #1: A Steampunk…

The Burning Sky: Halcyon #1: A Steampunk Fantasy (Volume 1) (edition 2012)

by Joseph Robert Lewis

Series: Halcyon (1)

Member:krizia_lazaro
Title:The Burning Sky: Halcyon #1: A Steampunk Fantasy (Volume 1)
Authors:Joseph Robert Lewis
Info:CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform (2012), Paperback, 330 pages
Rating:***

The Burning Sky by Joseph Robert Lewis

The Sally Lockhart Trilogy: The Ruby in the Smoke / The Shadow in the North / The Tiger in the Well by Philip Pullman (starboard)
    starboard: Pullman's Sally Lockhart trilogy is a young adult trilogy, but I still enjoyed it as an adult. The main character is a strong female, the trilogy is also of the steampunk genre, and the plot incorporates mystery and adventure through Europe.

Steampunk isn't my most favorite genre. This is a great book, very detailed, also the characters are rather refined, but I couldn't attach to any of them, they stayed very distant and unpersonal for me.
I liked the book enough to read it completely but I don't think that I'll go for the second book in the series. ( )
  Releanna | Apr 10, 2013 |
It was an okay book. It has nothing memorable to it. The plot was okay, definitely has good possibilities. However, the pacing was a bit slow for me and the characters are a bit super human. The major is like Superman. Other characters like the police and the Samaritan assassin got killer bruises and wounds but still managed to stay alive and no need for recovery time. Maybe if the author fixes some inconsistencies this can be a 5-star book. ( )
  krizia_lazaro | Jan 29, 2013 |
Action Adventure Imagination = FANTASTIC FANTASY READ ( )
1 vote tometender | Oct 28, 2012 |
Action Adventure Imagination = FANTASTIC FANTASY READ ( )
1 vote tometender | Oct 28, 2012 |
Another great book by this author. I enjoyed it enough that I bought the next 2 in the trilogy! ( )
1 vote Crazy_Bunny_Lady | Oct 17, 2012 |
"Once more around the world!" Taziri swept her tiny daughter up in her arms and carried her through the air, soaring over chairs, through the kitchen, and back again.

Taziri Ohana is an elite airship pilot, though the long hours away from home have taken a toll on her family and she longs for a simpler life. When the Northern Air Corps is wiped out in a catastrophic fire, only Taziri survives to help the marshals pursue the suspects across the skies of Marrakesh. Their investigation reveals a vast conspiracy of deposed aristocrats, wealthy industrialists, and warmongers plotting against the crown. Taziri discovers that her own inventions have been perverted by the conspirators, the cities plunge into violent riots, and their only hope for salvation may be an exiled princess, her swashbuckling escort, and a crippled airship plummeting out of the burning sky.

Joseph Robert Lewis is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,615,199 books! | Top bar: Always visible