The Patriot Paradox: The Reluctant Hero…

The Patriot Paradox: The Reluctant Hero Series (edition 2010)

by William Esmont, Lynn O'Dell (Editor), Christopher Muller (Illustrator)

Member:Sara2012
Title:The Patriot Paradox: The Reluctant Hero Series
Authors:William Esmont
Other authors:Lynn O'Dell (Editor), Christopher Muller (Illustrator)
Info:CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform (2010), Paperback, 268 pages
Rating:*****

The Patriot Paradox by William Esmont

action (1) blog-reviews (1) book 1 (1) CIA (1) DRM (1) E (1) ebook (7) espionage (2) fiction (4) first in series (1) freebie (3) giveaway (1) indie (1) Kindle (5) MG (1) murder (1) mystery (2) mystery-thriller (1) read (1) reluctant hero (1) Russia (1) series (1) Shelfari (1) Smashwords Library (1) spy (2) Stephen King (1) thriller (9) to-read (8) UPLOAD3 (1) US (1)

Kurt Vetter’s brother was killed and he must use the information sent to him to prevent the why from happening. He hooked up with Amanda, his brother’s former co-worker to spoil a plot concocted by a Washington intelligence rouge group. The fast pace did not allow or significant character development. This is the first book in the Reluctant Hero Series. ( )
  bemislibrary | Aug 7, 2016 |
** I received a copy of the audiobook through the member giveaways

I thought the story was pretty good. It is very fast paced and I thought that it could actually have a little more detail, but the action certainly keeps coming. Future books will be interesting to see how Vetter becomes more involved, since the "reluctant" part of the title certainly fits this book. ( )
  cyorgason | Jul 20, 2016 |
It is a great short story full of action with a very intriguing plot. It was only a few hours long but I couldn't stop listening to it. ( )
  spacechick365 | Oct 4, 2015 |
I received this free audiobook from the author in exchange for an honest review. This is a fast paced, action packed conspiracy techno thriller involving a rogue U.S. government group who must be stopped as they deal with the Cold War on their own terms. I found this book difficult to turn off; just wanted to find out what would happen next. Kevin Pierce does an excellent job as narrator and I found him easy to listen to. The book has a cliffhanger ending and I will be reading the next book in the Reluctant Hero series to find out what happens with Kurt, Amanda, and The President. I recommend this book to anyone who enjoys an action packed, fast moving techno thriller. ( )
  iadam | Aug 23, 2015 |
I received this book as part of a LibraryThing Giveaway. I have always liked the spy thriller genre, and this book does not disappoint. I liked how the plot unfolded, the locations, the use of technology, and how all the characters, both good and bad, were well-developed. I thought the ending was predictable, but I am looking forward to the next story in this series. ( )
  calicocat901 | Jan 4, 2014 |

Conscience can be a killer.

A plot to kill a nation, hatched by a secret cabal of ex-cold warriors intent on finishing the war that defined their existence. One man, who in a crisis of conscience, passes information about the plot to his brother, a shattered soul living on the edges of society.

When Kurt Vetter learns of his brother's murder, he has no idea how far he will travel, how much he will sacrifice, in order to uncover the truth. With the help of Amanda Carter, a shadowy figure from his brother's past, he races across the globe, staying one step ahead of a trained assassin, in a desperate bid to prevent the unthinkable from becoming reality.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:18:53 -0400)

William Esmont is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 108,427,246 books! | Top bar: Always visible