Vanish by Sophie Jordan

Vanish

by Sophie Jordan

Series: Firelight (2)

English (47)  Italian (1)  All languages (48)
What do I say about Vanish that hasn't already been said on every other blog? It's amazing, it's well-written, it's one of the best books I've read so far this year. Sometimes I have a phobia of reading the next book in a series, worried that it won't be as good as it's predecessor. This one? Better. Hands down.

Jacinda is back and she's just as stubborn and passionate as ever. In fact, I really felt closer to Jacinda in this story because her emotions are so much stronger. She knows what she wants, and she's not afraid to break the rules if that's what it takes. As always, it doesn't exactly make her a popular character, but this time... well I won't spoil it but let's just say she takes some others along for the ride. I have always loved Jacinda's fire. That's why I was so happy that it is present and accounted for. One pleasant surprise for me though was that Cassian's personality is a lot more fleshed out in Vanish. I got to know so much more about him, and I really loved it. If I was having a hard time choosing a side before, now I'm even more lost.

Readers will get a much better idea of the day to day life of the pride, which I thoroughly enjoyed. The plot is quick, but easy to follow, and the action sequences abound without taking the spotlight from the bigger picture. The relationships between Jacinda and the people in her pride are so much more vivid in this book. Characters that were previously hidden in the shadows emerge, develop, and become so essential to the story. Vanish gave me a new appreciation for the world that Sophie Jordan had so meticulously built. I simply cannot wait for the next book!

If you fell in love with Firelight, I'm going to personally guarantee that you'll eat Vanish up. Whether you are on the side of Will, or the side of Cassian, this installment has a great fiery love triangle that burns up the page. Pair that with a great story line and you have a book that I devoured. Start to finish in one night. Sophie Jordan fans rejoice! There is one more book left in this fabulous trilogy. Just be warned, the ending of this one will leave you wanting more. ( )
  roses7184 | Feb 5, 2019 |
Yeah, so again, Paranomal Romance Dragons=Something So Awesome You Can't Even Touch It.
there's a yay for Tamra towards the beginning, and Jace and her family are forced to flee back to the pride, which results in quite a lot of tension, as Jace is no longer trusted. Also, just because Sophie Jordan wanted to drive me insane, there is some tension between Jace and Cassian as well.
Yes, you heard me. That happened.
Also, some of the Pride members become bigger characters in this book. I think in the first book, Cassian, Severin, JAbel, and Az were named.
Some more minor pride characters ore named in this one, but the two main ones are Miram, Cassian's little sister, and Corbin, Cassian's jerkface cousin. Both have their hearts set on causing trouble for Jacinda. ( )
  Monica_P | Nov 22, 2018 |
Vanish didn't hold the same edge of the seat feeling as Firelight did. I also didn't like some of the plot choices made here and there. Let's see...I found all the characters to be kind of mopey through out the book, everyone was just sad most of the time. The day to day life of all the dragon and hunters was intense through the whole book. It also (as I loathe) ended on a cliffhanger. I hate cliffhangers.

There are of course a few things I liked about the book, or it wouldn't have gotten a three rating. I liked the consistency of the author, she continues doing everything exactly how she is doing it and everything flows smoothly. I love the covers of these books, they are gorgeous and I love how Tamra finally gets to be a cool kid with the group, even if she doesn't want to be.

Overall, it's not a bad book or a bad series, I will most likely read the next book, just because I have already committed to two. ( )
  rosetyper9 | Nov 12, 2015 |
Loved it! Loved going back to the world Sophie Jordan created. Vanish is fast paced, action packed and will keep you hooked. ( )
  BookLoversLife | Apr 24, 2014 |
Angst, much angst, Jacinda is seen as a traitor, Will is still alive and wants her to run away with him while the dragon leaders want her to submit and be a dutiful dragon and breed more dragons for the species. Her sister now has power and is starting to enjoy being who she should be rather than an outcaste but Jacinda wants Will.

Jacinda should get her own self worth. Granted what she's about to do is heroic but someone who is used to being treated as submissive isn't going to be all that able to resist the pressure. I suspect handwavium or deus ex will get used to finish the series. ( )
  wyvernfriend | Feb 5, 2014 |

Sophie Jordanprimary authorall editionscalculated
Hernández Sala, BegoñaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

To save the life of the boy she loves, Jacinda did the unthinkable: she betrayed the most closely guarded secret of her kind. Now she must return to the protection of her pride knowing she might never see Will again-- and worse, that because his mind has been shaded, Will's memories of that fateful night and why she had to flee are gone.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 132,562,896 books! | Top bar: Always visible