Lost In Time (A Blue Bloods Novel) by…

Lost In Time (A Blue Bloods Novel) (edition 2012)

by Melissa de la Cruz

Member:BrittanyGean
Title:Lost In Time (A Blue Bloods Novel)
Authors:Melissa de la Cruz
Info:Hyperion Book CH (2012), Edition: Reprint, Paperback, 368 pages
Tags:vampires, hell, heaven, paranormal, fallen angels, demons, love, revenge

Lost in Time by Melissa de la Cruz

Mimi Force is a diva! :D ( )
  giuliana.susini | Dec 17, 2013 |
I stopped reading this book about 40 pages into it. I just couldn't find an interest in the characters anymore. ( )
  adaynasmile | Oct 21, 2013 |
Ah, what a shame!

I LOVED this series at the beginning. The first four books were really good. They were interesting, well written, unique and captivating. It's completely lost its way though, sadly. The last two books have been huge let downs.

This was just really... boring. I feel like it was a waste of time and money and I don't feel like I gained anything by reading it. It was really all over the place and I just didn't care! Whatever spark these books used to have is sadly gone and it's such a pity. I don't honestly have a whole lot to say about it- it was just awfully dull.

I do not think I'll read the final book- unless I can get it from the library. A real disappointment. Perhaps she should have wrapped up the series at book four.

For more of my reviews and recommendations, visit my blog: here ( )
  nicola26 | Mar 30, 2013 |
This is the sixth book in the Blue Bloods series by Cruz. I almost didn’t read this book because I have been very disappointed in the last two books. Then I heard that the seventh book, Gates of Paradise, was going to release the end of Jan 2013 and that it was going to be the final book in the series. So, I decided to go ahead and read this book. This book continued to be lackluster. There are a ton of POVs and not a lot going on.

The story is told from Mimi’s, Schuyler’s, and Allegra’s POV. Jack and Schuyler have been married and Jack is convinced to delay his vengeance on Mimi in order to help Schuyler search for one of the gates. Mimi is determined to journey to Hell in order to win back Kingsley and Oliver is along helping her out.

Allegra’s story is told in the past. She tells about how she fell in love with Ben and betrayed Charles. I think this is supposed to be getting us the back story about why Allegra ended up in a coma. However the timing of these portions is confusing and the story itself is boring. This backstory could have easily been explained in a few paragraphs instead of one third of the book. Also having these sections prefaced with a date would have alleviated some of the confusion.

The book is more like three novellas parsed awkwardly together than one continuous story. All in all I was not impressed. I wasn’t even going to read this book until I saw that the next book, Gates of Paradise, will be the final book in this series.

All of the female characters seem to have lost their spunk and are merely pawns of the men they love. Schuyler ends up following what Jack around and is constantly being saved by him or being kept safe by him. Mimi journeys to Hell in the hopes that Kingsley still loves her. While Mimi’s story does tie into other things, I was surprised that her retrieving Kinsley was such a big part of the story.

Allegra’s back story is just as sad and disappointing. She betrays everyone to follow her true love and then ends up messing things up horribly.

The story is boring overall, predictable, and scattered. I just don’t care what’s happening, too much has been added that doesn’t matter to the main story. I do miss Bliss and wonder where she’s gone to.

The book was decently written and readable. Just not all that engaging or interesting.

I guess go ahead and read this is you want to finish up the series. Just don’t expect a lot. The main female characters are love-sick fools who betray those around them in the name of love. I have a lot of trouble engaging with any of them.

Overall another lackluster addition to this series. It’s okay, the story progresses some, but definitely not as good as early books in the series. There are too many POVs and too many things going on that aren’t related to the main story. This is more like three novellas squished into one book than an actual book. I would like to finish the series, but I am not sure if I will read Gates of Paradise if it is another exercise in mediocrity like this book. ( )
  krau0098 | Jan 9, 2013 |
Lost In Time (A Blue Bloods Novel) is the second last book in Melissa de la Cruz's New York Times Bestselling saga. Loose ends from the previous books are tied up only to create more questions for the final novel set to be released January 2013. Alternating view points lead to alternating stories taking place at the same time. The cliffhanging chapters make this story an exciting, page turning read.

After their long awaited bonding ceremony, Schuyler and Jack jet off to Egypt in search of the Gate of Promise. Unfortunately, all their “facts” turn out to be lies and the pair find themselves in the middle of a deadly battle against demon born creatures, only to discover a greater threat lurking in the Kingdom of the Dead. Maybe even more dangerous than a blood trial to the death.

Meanwhile, a jilted Mimi Force embarks on a quest down to the depths of hell to save Kingsley, her damned vampire love. Oliver teams up with Mimi for this expedition through the underworld. The price the Queen of the Dead wants is pretty steep.

And a blast from the past shines some light on some mysteries from the first book in the series. Readers will get a glimpse of Allegra’s life and learn how she altered the lives of the other Blue Bloods.

These elite youth face danger, loss and bitter betrayl. ( )
  BrittanyGean | Dec 3, 2012 |

The young Blue Bloods of Manhattan descend upon Egypt in Lost in Time, the epic sixth book in Melissa de la Cruz's New York Times and USA Today best-selling Blue Bloods series.

After their beautiful yet brief bonding ceremony in Italy, Schuyler Van Alen and Jack Force are forced to separate. To fulfill the Van Alen Legacy, Schuyler travels to Alexandria to search for Catherine of Siena and the Gate of Promise. But Schuyler quickly discovers that everything she believed about the Gate to be wrong. Meanwhile, Jack makes the difficult decision to return to New York to face his twin and former bondmate, Mimi. But instead of a bitter reunion, he is faced with a choice for which there is no good option.

Mimi, with a most unexpected travel companion in Oliver Hazard-Perry, jets off to Egypt, too, to search for Kingsley Martin, her long lost love. With all roads leading to Hell, Mimi learns that not all love stories have happy endings. But she'll have to put her own feelings aside if she's going to save her crumbling Coven.

Schuyler Van Alen and her love Jack Force go their separate ways after their trip to Florence, Italy, with Schuyler going to Egypt to fulfill the Van Alen legacy, while Jack returns to Manhattan to face his twin sister, Mimi, but things get even more complicated when Mimi jets off to Egypt while the Coven threatens to fall apart around her.… (more)

319 wanted4 pay1 pay

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,615,308 books! | Top bar: Always visible