Reached (Matched Trilogy Book 3) by Ally…

Reached (Matched Trilogy Book 3) (edition 2012)

by Ally Condie

Series: Matched (3)

Member:Monkeypats
Title:Reached (Matched Trilogy Book 3)
Authors:Ally Condie
Info:Dutton Juvenile (2012), Edition: First Edition, Hardcover, 384 pages
Rating:***1/2
Tags:American, Young Adult, Dystopian

Reached by Ally Condie

English (80)  German (1)  All languages (81)
I liked this series but, after pages and pages of the plague ad nauseum the pay off at the end was a bit abrupt. I always kind hoped she would end up with her real love...

Still I loved the trilogy and would read it again. ( )
  hazysaffron | Feb 17, 2015 |
These books are written very poetically, and for descriptive purposes it works well. This book is good, however, it lacked too much to be great. To me, it just seems that for some of the bigger, more important points in the book only the surface is touched. Instances could be grander and more explosive to show how relevant they are to not only the main characters in the book, but also to their society as a whole. The ending, for me, was just ok. Too much is left in the unknown to make me appreciate it. ( )
  JosP | Jan 26, 2015 |
The ending is suspenfull for sure you want to know what happens to the people but will never it takes a bit to get over it sadly but
#LOVEKYMARKHAM ( )
  hannah7248 | Jan 21, 2015 |
Reached is the last book in the Matched trilogy and I am sad to see the series end. I loved the world that Ally Condie created and the story line was interesting and engrossing.

Xander was back and I am all kinds of happy about that! I loved him and missed him in the second book. The dynamic of the overall story seemed incomplete without him and I was happy to see that restored, even if, for much of the book, the three weren't together in interacting. I loved his story in this book as we learn more about what he has been doing during The Rising. To me, he is the hero of the story, the one truly working for the people.

As much as I love Cassia, it almost seemed as if she floundered a bit. She was so adamant about The Rising, about following the path she felt her grandfather wanted her to follow. Yet it seemed as if she forgot about that for awhile and basically worked for herself. I think maybe her character got a little lost and overwhelmed in her isolation. It was kind of a nice character arc to see her get beyond that.

Ky, Ky, Ky. I don't know quite what to think about him. There were some interesting twists with his story, but it honestly felt like he was competely lost. And, unlike Cassia, he never seemed to find his way back.

There were a whole lot of love triangles in this last book and no one ended up with who I thought they would. I am not upset about this, though, because I liked the anticipation.

The only thing I wished it had was a bit of a clue as to how the world would be resolved in the future, along with an answer to a big question... no spoilers!

My Recommendation: I definitely enjoyed this book more than the second, but the first is still my favorite. Overall, this is an excellent series that really makes you think. ( )
  Kiki870 | Oct 15, 2014 |
Now back in The Society, Cassia works as a double agent for The Rising, Xander continues in his medic role (also a double agent), and Ky openly flies missions for The Rising. Xander still has feelings for Cassia, but she only has eyes for Ky.

Read the rest of my review on my blog: http://shouldireaditornot.wordpress.com/2013/04/07/reached-ally-condie/ ( )
  ShouldIReadIt | Sep 26, 2014 |
for Calvin, who has never been afraid to dream of places Other.
A man pushed a rock up the hill.
Every morning, the sun comes up and turns the earth red, and I think: This could be the day when everything changes.

"In search of a better life, Cassia joins a widespread rebellion against Society, where she is tasked with finding a cure to the threat of survival and must choose between Xander and Ky"--

518 wanted4 pay3 pay

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 96,237,242 books! | Top bar: Always visible