Reached (Matched Trilogy Book 3) by Ally…

Reached (Matched Trilogy Book 3) (edition 2012)

by Ally Condie

Series: Matched (3)

1,042None8,077 (3.53)28
Member:Monkeypats
Title:Reached (Matched Trilogy Book 3)
Authors:Ally Condie
Info:Dutton Juvenile (2012), Edition: First Edition, Hardcover, 384 pages
Rating:***1/2
Tags:American, Young Adult, Dystopian

Reached by Ally Condie

2012 (11) 2013 (20) dystopia (70) dystopian (57) dystopian society (7) ebook (12) family (10) fantasy (14) fiction (45) friendship (8) future (6) library (5) love (10) Matched (9) medicine (7) memory (6) plague (23) poetry (8) read (10) read in 2013 (14) rebellion (20) relationships (6) romance (43) science fiction (57) series (33) teen (16) to-read (65) YA (54) young adult (62) young adult fiction (10)

English (66)  German (1)  All languages (67)
I didn't love this final book of the series. All the loose ends lines were tied up but I still felt a bit let down by the ending. ( )
  SparklePonies | Apr 1, 2014 |
1.5 stars. The reason it took me so long to finish? It was just mind-numbing! Nothing happened throughout about three quarters of the book and anything of any importance felt like it was crammed in as an afterthought.

Maybe I didn't appreciate it because I didn't enjoy it, but I don't appear to be the only disappointed reader. ( )
  LaurenKathryn | Mar 31, 2014 |
Read this in audio format. Again this book was just okay. Still feel pretty indifferent and stopped caring for the characters and the story line. ( )
  cfranson | Mar 29, 2014 |
I read this one because I’d read Matched and Crossed and really liked them both! However, this one feel a little flat for me. I’m sure it didn’t help that it was almost 2 years between the time I read Crossed and reading this one. I had forgotten quite a bit of detail and it took a little while to get it back. But even if I’d read Reached immediately after reading Crossed, I think I would have been confused. I think the Enemy and the Rising are different groups, and I don’t think the Otherworld is part of either. But I’m not sure of any of that. I really don’t go to a lot of movies and almost never enjoy a movie based on a book, but this is one time I was wishing a movie was available. I think a visual might have been helpful.

I also didn’t really like where the story went in this book. If you’ve read the series, you know that there is a ‘love triangle’ involving Cassia, Ky, and Xander. I will say, I didn’t think the book was particularly predictable here. There were plenty of times I thought Cassia would choose Ky, and others when I thought she’d choose Xander. I also wondered if she may not end up with either of them. If I only cared about this, I could say the story had a satisfactory ending. But my problem is, I invested time reading three books expecting to learn what had happened to cause the Society to come about and a revolution of some sort to occur. Here, the resolution was not at all satisfactory. I still don’t have a clear idea of who, or what, the Society is, and how the Rising and the Enemy are connected, if they ARE connected. I also don’t really know who is in charge at the story. I’m happy I read Reached, because I needed to know I completed the series. But I’m not sure it was worth it. Other the relationships between Cassia, Xander, and Ky, I don’t feel like anything is really resolved. ( )
  Time2Read2 | Feb 20, 2014 |
Honestly I'm being generous with this rating...again it's my undying love for Xander that I'm giving it one more star than it deserves....let's pretend that thing says 3.5 instead of 4 okay?

Have you noticed how the covers are corresponding of each of the shady tablets provided by Society? If not then here you go!

Okay on the book...It was definitely the best book of the series no doubt about it. Yes it was. I am sure of it. Period.

There was so much more substance and higher stakes for the original trio because of what we found out in the last novel, that they joined the rebellion against society OMG. Each has their part to play and honestly Cassia nor Ky's part intrigued me at all but Xander, oh boy Xander.

I knew this guy was amazing from the start...Still confused as to why Cassia didn't choose him. But no worries there's still Lei, a former city official who worked with Xander before the Rising decided to take over and infect people as a means of threatening Society to stop pulling the matching crap. I actually like Lei but remember Vick? Just keep this in mind when reading...I still loved Xander the best by the end of the book...And not just because he has been my favorite the entire time, his POV was honestly the best of the three. I feel like Condie got bored writing for Cassia and Ky in the last novel it felt refreshing to see what good ol Xander was doing.

Ky was a pilot for The Rising (the rebels in the novel against Society...Did I forget to mention that?) but not THE PILOT who's in charge of the whole darn operation. It wasn't nearly as interesting reading about him unless it was with Indie (cool girl from the last novel). I almost thought he might ditch boring Cassia for Indie but alas. I hated Indie's ending though...But fortunately Ky had some interesting parts to his story. One twist did make the writing for him boring and sometimes unbearable but it was interesting to see how the other two responded to his situation.

I don't even want to talk about Cassia anymore. She irritated me to no end.

This book was actually a lot better than I'm making it out to be I promise. Xander's POV could have totally made a book all on it's own but Cassia and Ky still contribute to the different parts of the rebellion going on against Society. ( )
  Jessika.C | Dec 6, 2013 |

"In search of a better life, Cassia joins a widespread rebellion against Society, where she is tasked with finding a cure to the threat of survival and must choose between Xander and Ky"--

518 wanted3 pay3 pay

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,413,309 books! | Top bar: Always visible