Reached (Matched Trilogy Book 3) by Ally…

Reached (Matched Trilogy Book 3) (edition 2012)

by Ally Condie

Series: Matched (3)

Member:BridgetMary
Title:Reached (Matched Trilogy Book 3)
Authors:Ally Condie
Info:Dutton Juvenile (2012), Edition: First Edition, Hardcover, 384 pages
Collections:Read but unowned

Reached by Ally Condie

English (85)  German (1)  All languages (86)
Love elements of the first re-emerged in this conclusion, yet also that the story ended at a believable point. ( )
  LolaKarns | Jul 6, 2015 |
  LolaKarns | Jul 6, 2015 |
I had high hopes for this one... I wanted it to wrap up all the loose ends that the other books left hanging, and it did. Condie is a wonderfully descriptive writer, and I found myself wanting to move slowly through this book because I wasn't ready for it to end. I loved the way it connected all the dots. Even though the love triangle (square--pentagon??) didn't end exactly how I had hoped, I could see how she chose to wrap things us was for the best. I loved the red garden day memory with Cassia's Grandfather, and how the "answer" came from her mother. Chapter 44 -- Wow. I won't say more, but wow! Such a powerful writing technique. Very unique. You'll have to read it for yourself and see.

This was definitely my favorite of the series. It seemed much more "meaty" than the others, and I loved the new characters like Anna and Oker. I felt like it was finally "bigger" than the relationship dilemma, and I loved all the little plot twists -- like just who was emptying Ky's medicine bag!

Would I recommend this to my BFF? Yes!
Would I recommend it to my teenage daughter? Absolutely! I'm trying to get her to read the whole series!

5 of 5 stars. ( )
  lauraodom | Apr 16, 2015 |
Dystopia, Young Adult ( )
  aeleone | Apr 9, 2015 |
All of our protagonists have joined the Rising now--Xander as a true believer, Cassia out of her urge to create and choose and Ky because it's what Cassia wants. But when the Rising makes its move, how different from the Society will it really look? All three grapple with loss and disillusionment as the Rising struggles to control the Plague it was so sure it could cure and the Pilot confronts the limits to what his charisma can accomplish. The ending, though satisfying, is not as cloyingly neat or pat as some other young adult novels I could name. ( )
  jholcomb | Apr 4, 2015 |
for Calvin, who has never been afraid to dream of places Other.
A man pushed a rock up the hill.
Every morning, the sun comes up and turns the earth red, and I think: This could be the day when everything changes.

"In search of a better life, Cassia joins a widespread rebellion against Society, where she is tasked with finding a cure to the threat of survival and must choose between Xander and Ky"--

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 98,398,608 books! | Top bar: Always visible