Reached (Matched Trilogy Book 3) by Ally…

Reached (Matched Trilogy Book 3) (edition 2012)

by Ally Condie

Series: Matched (3)

Member:BridgetMary
Title:Reached (Matched Trilogy Book 3)
Authors:Ally Condie
Info:Dutton Juvenile (2012), Edition: First Edition, Hardcover, 384 pages
Collections:Read but unowned

Reached by Ally Condie

English (92)  German (1)  All languages (93)
This goes for the whole series: Condie built an incredibly interesting and mysterious world. I wanted to explore it far more than we did. While I loved the setting, I felt myself always rooting for the characters who lost, and not caring for or rooting against those that were probably meant to have their happy ending. The plot itself only kept my attention in places, and I kept drifting off wondering about other parts of the novel mentioned but not explored. Meh. ( )
  bjoelle5 | Feb 10, 2016 |
Meh. The Rising has risen and it isn't exactly what everyone expected (surprise! (sarcasm)). This installment focuses on a plague and the way in which a bunch of idiot teenagers are able to successfully save the day despite a high-school level understanding of chemistry and biology. The ending fizzles out until there's just nothing. Very boring. ( )
  benuathanasia | Feb 9, 2016 |
I really enjoyed the first book, wasn't a huge fan of the second, and then I just couldn't finish this one. ( )
  lovelypenny | Feb 4, 2016 |
I have never written a review before, but for the first time, I was impressed with a book enough to say something. I read the first one for kicks, the second because why not and the last because now I had to finish. I'm glad I did because this was fairly different from any other dystopias I have ever read. it still wasn't great, but I was glad that it didn't walk off into a happy ending where it could have, but showed that the grass wasn't greener and less big brother on the other side. If you are an older, more well-read dystopia fan that wants more, read synopsises of the first two online and skip to this one. Still no Bradbury, but a decent and easy read. ( )
  kaileydw | Dec 16, 2015 |
  kaileydw | Dec 16, 2015 |
for Calvin, who has never been afraid to dream of places Other.
A man pushed a rock up the hill.
Every morning, the sun comes up and turns the earth red, and I think: This could be the day when everything changes.

"In search of a better life, Cassia joins a widespread rebellion against Society, where she is tasked with finding a cure to the threat of survival and must choose between Xander and Ky"--

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 103,198,472 books! | Top bar: Always visible