Reached (Matched Trilogy Book 3) by Ally…

Reached (Matched Trilogy Book 3) (edition 2012)

by Ally Condie

Series: Matched (3)

Member:mk3
Title:Reached (Matched Trilogy Book 3)
Authors:Ally Condie
Info:Dutton Juvenile (2012), Edition: First Edition, Hardcover, 384 pages
Collections:Books Read
Rating:**1/2

Reached by Ally Condie

English (79)  German (1)  All languages (80)
These books are written very poetically, and for descriptive purposes it works well. This book is good, however, it lacked too much to be great. To me, it just seems that for some of the bigger, more important points in the book only the surface is touched. Instances could be grander and more explosive to show how relevant they are to not only the main characters in the book, but also to their society as a whole. The ending, for me, was just ok. Too much is left in the unknown to make me appreciate it. ( )
  JosP | Jan 26, 2015 |
The ending is suspenfull for sure you want to know what happens to the people but will never it takes a bit to get over it sadly but
#LOVEKYMARKHAM ( )
  hannah7248 | Jan 21, 2015 |
Reached is the last book in the Matched trilogy and I am sad to see the series end. I loved the world that Ally Condie created and the story line was interesting and engrossing.

Xander was back and I am all kinds of happy about that! I loved him and missed him in the second book. The dynamic of the overall story seemed incomplete without him and I was happy to see that restored, even if, for much of the book, the three weren't together in interacting. I loved his story in this book as we learn more about what he has been doing during The Rising. To me, he is the hero of the story, the one truly working for the people.

As much as I love Cassia, it almost seemed as if she floundered a bit. She was so adamant about The Rising, about following the path she felt her grandfather wanted her to follow. Yet it seemed as if she forgot about that for awhile and basically worked for herself. I think maybe her character got a little lost and overwhelmed in her isolation. It was kind of a nice character arc to see her get beyond that.

Ky, Ky, Ky. I don't know quite what to think about him. There were some interesting twists with his story, but it honestly felt like he was competely lost. And, unlike Cassia, he never seemed to find his way back.

There were a whole lot of love triangles in this last book and no one ended up with who I thought they would. I am not upset about this, though, because I liked the anticipation.

The only thing I wished it had was a bit of a clue as to how the world would be resolved in the future, along with an answer to a big question... no spoilers!

My Recommendation: I definitely enjoyed this book more than the second, but the first is still my favorite. Overall, this is an excellent series that really makes you think. ( )
  Kiki870 | Oct 15, 2014 |
Now back in The Society, Cassia works as a double agent for The Rising, Xander continues in his medic role (also a double agent), and Ky openly flies missions for The Rising. Xander still has feelings for Cassia, but she only has eyes for Ky.

Read the rest of my review on my blog: http://shouldireaditornot.wordpress.com/2013/04/07/reached-ally-condie/ ( )
  ShouldIReadIt | Sep 26, 2014 |
With three tablets, and being told what to do, Cassia Reyes finally stands up and goes to look for a better future. Reached by Ally Condie is the final book in the Matched trilogy. The genre of the book is romance, realistic fiction because it could happen, and it is futuristic based on the events and details in the book.
The books are based off of a love triangle, and the three main characters are Cassia, Ky, and Xander. The setting of the story is hard to describe because the book takes place in the future, and they are more advanced in technology than real life people today. The people call themselves the Society, but it isn’t really like that at all. If you live there there are barely any trees. The people don’t have cars, everyone just travels by train. The land is made up of different surfaces, there are hills, deserts, lakes, and plains, along with cliffs and mountains. Cassia is a curious, spirited girl. She loves poetry, her family, and wants everything to be right in the world. Ky is a shy, intelligent, quiet boy who is an outcast because of where his family lived. Xander is an outgoing, funny, clever character who will do anything to keep his home safe.
In the first book it describes all the laws that the society has. They choose who you marry, what your job is, and where you live. People there are only allowed to have two children, and everyone has to die at eighty years old. Certain people are labeled and then they are restricted against laws. Cassia is paired up with Xander, but when she looks again she sees another face, Ky’s face. Throughout the first two books she learns who she loves and wants to be with. Then when she is separated from him she works to get back to her one true love. Along the way she meets new friends and learns about her past and her people’s past. In the second book there is an illness going around and each of the three main characters play a part in finding a cure leading into the third and final book.
The book seemed a little slow, and there wasn’t enough action to make people want to change it. It just didn’t give itself justice, it could have been better. This is because the author described a lot of the setting without anything happening in that part, and it got to be predictable. The correct audience for this book would probably be middle school students, ages eleven to fourteen. The reason that is because it isn’t a challenging book, it didn’t have difficult words that middle school students wouldn’t know. The author could have livened up the story plot a bit because in the third book everything started to slow down making it become boring. If she had made it more interesting and kept the reader’s attention it would be a very good book.
  DeHa14 | Sep 25, 2014 |
for Calvin, who has never been afraid to dream of places Other.
A man pushed a rock up the hill.
Every morning, the sun comes up and turns the earth red, and I think: This could be the day when everything changes.

"In search of a better life, Cassia joins a widespread rebellion against Society, where she is tasked with finding a cure to the threat of survival and must choose between Xander and Ky"--

518 wanted4 pay3 pay

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 95,150,724 books! | Top bar: Always visible