Reached (Matched Trilogy Book 3) by Ally…

Reached (Matched Trilogy Book 3) (edition 2012)

by Ally Condie

Series: Matched (3)

Member:Bduke
Title:Reached (Matched Trilogy Book 3)
Authors:Ally Condie
Info:Dutton Juvenile (2012), Edition: First Edition, Hardcover, 384 pages
Collections:For school, Read but unowned
Rating:**1/2
Tags:YA, Science fiction, Dystopian

Reached by Ally Condie

English (98)  German (1)  All languages (99)
Ah, another YA dystopian. I enjoyed Cassia's story and this one wrapped everything up neatly, though not nearly like certain other novels which shall not be mentioned here. ( )
  ajsteadman | Apr 20, 2016 |
What an exciting conclusion to this trilogy! I don't like to give spoilers in my reviews so bear with me as I try to explain how I loved this book without any...

Cassia, Ky, and Xander are all challenged in new ways even while they are all working toward similar things. We learn more about Cassia, and Ky, but I think we learn the most new things about Xander. We get to meet a few new characters, and unfortunately say goodbye to some of the previous ones. There's a race against time to fix what the Society and even the Rising has destroyed. It's sad, thrilling, nerve-wracking, and heart-wrenching. And in the end, we are left with a bit of closure, and a bit of wondering as to what the future of this world will hold. ( )
  MynTop | Apr 8, 2016 |
I'm sorry. I tried. I really did.

Usually I will push through it and try to force myself to finish a book, even if it seems so tediously boring that I keep falling asleep. But pushing to the point of being a 3rd into the book and still having little to no interest in it, I had to give up and chalk it up to a lesson learned.

Don't be fooled by pretty covers.

I don't give one star reviews, as usually I won't rate it at all as I don't believe in downgrading someone else's work. But this series / book I couldn't hack it. I'm sorry Xander, even with your added POV this book could not be rescued.

The one and only star is for the cover. That's it. All she wrote and I am done.
  Kaymart | Apr 6, 2016 |
No. No. And no. Too many pages. Too many poems. Too much plague. Too much mushy teen angst about not being able to function with out the boy or girl you love. Condi should've cut at least 200 pages out of this book, at least. She just drones on and on about the plague, later it becomes necessary but not in the beginning. I had high hopes for this final book in the series simply because the first book I felt was poor and the second was slightly better so I figured the third might be the best and it was but ... At a cost. Me, reading 512 goddamn pages, when it could've been a fast, page turning 312. I'm just so thankful I'm finished with this series ... I started it simply because I thought it would be interesting and thought provoking. In the end, it was torturous and long winded. I will gladly return this to the library and not be sad that it is finished. I think that is the saddest thing of all ( )
  danaaa_99 | Apr 6, 2016 |
Need I say more?

The good news is the trilogy ends with Reached! I'm proud of Ally Condie for taking her characters through a wide spectrum of emotions and growth opportunities. I just wish I cared more by the end. ( )
  FrancineZane | Mar 18, 2016 |
for Calvin, who has never been afraid to dream of places Other.
A man pushed a rock up the hill.
Every morning, the sun comes up and turns the earth red, and I think: This could be the day when everything changes.

"In search of a better life, Cassia joins a widespread rebellion against Society, where she is tasked with finding a cure to the threat of survival and must choose between Xander and Ky"--

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 2 books! | Top bar: Always visible