Reached (Matched Trilogy Book 3) by Ally…

Reached (Matched Trilogy Book 3) (edition 2012)

by Ally Condie

Series: Matched (3)

Member:Bduke
Title:Reached (Matched Trilogy Book 3)
Authors:Ally Condie
Info:Dutton Juvenile (2012), Edition: First Edition, Hardcover, 384 pages
Collections:For school, Read but unowned
Rating:**1/2
Tags:YA, Science fiction, Dystopian

Reached by Ally Condie

English (101)  German (1)  All (102)
This series has been incredibly spotty for me. I didn't really like Matched, but some weird reason I went ahead and read Crossed. The weirdest part is that I actually really thought that was a great example of what to do in a second book of a trilogy. I was beyond excited to pick up Reached. Here's my biggest problem with this entire series. . . I HATE Cassia. I really do. It's hard to be invested in her because I think she is flighty, dense and somehow remains incredibly naive despite all of the crazy things she goes through. Xander though? I really, really like him. I was thrilled every time a Xander chapter came up. Xander chapters were intense and full of plot development. Cassia's were fluff that I just wanted to rip out and Ky. . .wait, who was Ky again? Kidding. He is just not memorable to me in the slightest and I don't even slightly understand the Ky appeal.

Overall this book wasn't terrible but it also wasn't anyway near all that I had hoped it would be. If you like Xander even just a little bit then you should read Reached. If not, then you really aren't missing out. ( )
  Emma_Manolis | Jun 27, 2017 |
Cassia lives in a "perfect society". In her society the government decides everything. Cassia is matched with Xander. He is a boy that she has known since they were very little. She feels very lucky to be matched with him, but then soon finds out that she is in love with someone else. She is in love with the abberation Ky. Abberations are people that don't have any privileges because of something that someone in their family did. She knows that she has to marry Xander, but can't stop thinking about Ky. If someone were to find out that she is in love with an abberation, her whole future could be ruined. She can't avoid Ky because they are in the same climbing group, so they are partners everyday. She has to decide, and her decision is Ky.

This book wasn't my favorite, but it was also very interesting. It had lots of unexpected turns, and was very action filled. Sometimes I didn't really like some of the things that happened, but I also felt for the person. I am excited for the next book! ( )
  aivas.G1 | May 18, 2017 |
Great ending to a very good series. ( )
  TerriBowles | Jun 26, 2016 |
I'm not sure what I was expecting from this, the conclusion to the Matched trilogy, but I'm pretty sure this wasn't it. It just didn't have the life that the first two books had. I know I was supposed to care about the Pilot and the Rising, but I just didn't. I couldn't.
It almost seems that there's another story in there; one that Condie didn't tell, for some reason. Maybe she'll end up writing a fourth. And maybe that'll suffice me. ( )
  imahorcrux | Jun 22, 2016 |
3.5 stars

A good finish for this intriguing trilogy. I'm
not a regular fan of YA, or dystopian lit. But a friend introduced me to Matched some time ago, & I've been meaning to finish the sequels ever since. So glad that I finally did.

I like that the romance remains pure, though it's emotionally complicated. These main characters are fighting for something pure & true in their lives; they're finding out how much has been hidden from them. So to let them take the high road when it comes to a love triangle is actually an interesting choice on the part of the author, & I commend her.

I like how all 3 of them keep finding ways to rebel, within The Society, The Rising, even in the villages & outer territories. They know the truth lies in the bond amongst the 3 of them, & they honor that.

I like the scarcity of actual violence, & the focus on science instead. You know there is violence going on in this world, but the author relays that without drowning you in bloody streets or killing off every 3rd character.

I like that Cassia is seen as intelligent, spirited, & loyal, & that the ones who love her love her for these things. Beyond a basic description of her, Cassia's appearance is not much mentioned. The reader assumes she is beautiful, but on reflection that seems to be because she is so beloved.

This is something I would share with my 10 year-old niece, & soon will. The story is great, & all the right messages for a young girl are in place, thanks to the deft skill of Ally Condie. ( )
  LauraCerone | May 26, 2016 |
for Calvin, who has never been afraid to dream of places Other.
A man pushed a rock up the hill.
Every morning, the sun comes up and turns the earth red, and I think: This could be the day when everything changes.

"In search of a better life, Cassia joins a widespread rebellion against Society, where she is tasked with finding a cure to the threat of survival and must choose between Xander and Ky"--

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 115,330,711 books! | Top bar: Always visible