Reached (Matched Trilogy Book 3) by Ally…

Reached (Matched Trilogy Book 3) (edition 2012)

by Ally Condie

Series: Matched (3)

1,044None8,045 (3.53)28
Member:mshouser
Title:Reached (Matched Trilogy Book 3)
Authors:Ally Condie
Info:Dutton Juvenile (2012), Edition: First Edition, Hardcover, 384 pages
Rating:*****
Tags:YA, fiction, dystopian

Reached by Ally Condie

2012 (11) 2013 (20) dystopia (70) dystopian (57) dystopian society (7) ebook (12) family (10) fantasy (14) fiction (45) friendship (8) future (6) library (5) love (10) Matched (9) medicine (7) memory (6) plague (23) poetry (8) read (10) read in 2013 (14) rebellion (20) relationships (6) romance (43) science fiction (57) series (33) teen (16) to-read (65) YA (54) young adult (62) young adult fiction (10)

English (67)  German (1)  All languages (68)
A nice conclusion. Satisfying end to the trilogy. ( )
  Bonnie_Ferrante | Apr 15, 2014 |
I didn't love this final book of the series. All the loose ends lines were tied up but I still felt a bit let down by the ending. ( )
  SparklePonies | Apr 1, 2014 |
1.5 stars. The reason it took me so long to finish? It was just mind-numbing! Nothing happened throughout about three quarters of the book and anything of any importance felt like it was crammed in as an afterthought.

Maybe I didn't appreciate it because I didn't enjoy it, but I don't appear to be the only disappointed reader. ( )
  LaurenKathryn | Mar 31, 2014 |
Read this in audio format. Again this book was just okay. Still feel pretty indifferent and stopped caring for the characters and the story line. ( )
  cfranson | Mar 29, 2014 |
I read this one because I’d read Matched and Crossed and really liked them both! However, this one feel a little flat for me. I’m sure it didn’t help that it was almost 2 years between the time I read Crossed and reading this one. I had forgotten quite a bit of detail and it took a little while to get it back. But even if I’d read Reached immediately after reading Crossed, I think I would have been confused. I think the Enemy and the Rising are different groups, and I don’t think the Otherworld is part of either. But I’m not sure of any of that. I really don’t go to a lot of movies and almost never enjoy a movie based on a book, but this is one time I was wishing a movie was available. I think a visual might have been helpful.

I also didn’t really like where the story went in this book. If you’ve read the series, you know that there is a ‘love triangle’ involving Cassia, Ky, and Xander. I will say, I didn’t think the book was particularly predictable here. There were plenty of times I thought Cassia would choose Ky, and others when I thought she’d choose Xander. I also wondered if she may not end up with either of them. If I only cared about this, I could say the story had a satisfactory ending. But my problem is, I invested time reading three books expecting to learn what had happened to cause the Society to come about and a revolution of some sort to occur. Here, the resolution was not at all satisfactory. I still don’t have a clear idea of who, or what, the Society is, and how the Rising and the Enemy are connected, if they ARE connected. I also don’t really know who is in charge at the story. I’m happy I read Reached, because I needed to know I completed the series. But I’m not sure it was worth it. Other the relationships between Cassia, Xander, and Ky, I don’t feel like anything is really resolved. ( )
  Time2Read2 | Feb 20, 2014 |

"In search of a better life, Cassia joins a widespread rebellion against Society, where she is tasked with finding a cure to the threat of survival and must choose between Xander and Ky"--

518 wanted3 pay3 pay

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,486,946 books! | Top bar: Always visible