Reached (Matched Trilogy Book 3) by Ally…

Reached (Matched Trilogy Book 3) (edition 2012)

by Ally Condie

Series: Matched (3)

Member:mshouser
Title:Reached (Matched Trilogy Book 3)
Authors:Ally Condie
Info:Dutton Juvenile (2012), Edition: First Edition, Hardcover, 384 pages
Rating:*****
Tags:YA, fiction, dystopian

Reached by Ally Condie

English (101)  German (1)  All (102)
Great ending to a very good series. ( )
  TerriBowles | Jun 26, 2016 |
I'm not sure what I was expecting from this, the conclusion to the Matched trilogy, but I'm pretty sure this wasn't it. It just didn't have the life that the first two books had. I know I was supposed to care about the Pilot and the Rising, but I just didn't. I couldn't.
It almost seems that there's another story in there; one that Condie didn't tell, for some reason. Maybe she'll end up writing a fourth. And maybe that'll suffice me. ( )
  imahorcrux | Jun 22, 2016 |
3.5 stars

A good finish for this intriguing trilogy. I'm
not a regular fan of YA, or dystopian lit. But a friend introduced me to Matched some time ago, & I've been meaning to finish the sequels ever since. So glad that I finally did.

I like that the romance remains pure, though it's emotionally complicated. These main characters are fighting for something pure & true in their lives; they're finding out how much has been hidden from them. So to let them take the high road when it comes to a love triangle is actually an interesting choice on the part of the author, & I commend her.

I like how all 3 of them keep finding ways to rebel, within The Society, The Rising, even in the villages & outer territories. They know the truth lies in the bond amongst the 3 of them, & they honor that.

I like the scarcity of actual violence, & the focus on science instead. You know there is violence going on in this world, but the author relays that without drowning you in bloody streets or killing off every 3rd character.

I like that Cassia is seen as intelligent, spirited, & loyal, & that the ones who love her love her for these things. Beyond a basic description of her, Cassia's appearance is not much mentioned. The reader assumes she is beautiful, but on reflection that seems to be because she is so beloved.

This is something I would share with my 10 year-old niece, & soon will. The story is great, & all the right messages for a young girl are in place, thanks to the deft skill of Ally Condie. ( )
  LauraCerone | May 26, 2016 |
Ah, another YA dystopian. I enjoyed Cassia's story and this one wrapped everything up neatly, though not nearly like certain other novels which shall not be mentioned here. ( )
  ajsteadman | Apr 20, 2016 |
What an exciting conclusion to this trilogy! I don't like to give spoilers in my reviews so bear with me as I try to explain how I loved this book without any...

Cassia, Ky, and Xander are all challenged in new ways even while they are all working toward similar things. We learn more about Cassia, and Ky, but I think we learn the most new things about Xander. We get to meet a few new characters, and unfortunately say goodbye to some of the previous ones. There's a race against time to fix what the Society and even the Rising has destroyed. It's sad, thrilling, nerve-wracking, and heart-wrenching. And in the end, we are left with a bit of closure, and a bit of wondering as to what the future of this world will hold. ( )
  MynTop | Apr 8, 2016 |
for Calvin, who has never been afraid to dream of places Other.
A man pushed a rock up the hill.
Every morning, the sun comes up and turns the earth red, and I think: This could be the day when everything changes.

"In search of a better life, Cassia joins a widespread rebellion against Society, where she is tasked with finding a cure to the threat of survival and must choose between Xander and Ky"--

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 110,821,405 books! | Top bar: Always visible