A Night to Surrender by Tessa Dare

A Night to Surrender

by Tessa Dare

217None53,328 (3.79)6
Recently added bySophieCale, private library, Tara.Ross, ShariSlade, Lilo_Abernathy, bachaney, Vicky.Arthur

I read the second and third Spindle Cove books before I read this one, the first. It was actually fun doing it that way, as it lent a 'prequel' air to the book. Knowing what I did about the future romances of the other characters made it so that I grinned at seeing how Dare set them up for those relationships.

I would say this was my least favorite of the three, but still a very good book with some touching parts and lovable characters. After reading the three books practically back to back, I feel like Spindle Cove is familiar and a place I'd love to visit. I love how Dare's trilogy centers on imperfect characters (Bram's wound, Minerva's geology fixation, and Kate's port wine birthmark).

Tessa Dare is now a go-to author of historical romance for me! ( )
  CyndiTefft | Feb 7, 2014 |
New series for me--love it so far! ( )
  KrisinKW | Nov 5, 2013 |
Pure adorable-ness. I could kiss this book, I loved it so much. ( )
  RachelNR | Sep 27, 2013 |
It's easy to see why A Night to Surrender is a 2012 RITA finalist.

I thoroughly enjoyed this battle-of-the-sexes/fish-out-of-water comedy romance. It has lots of plot and a likeable hero and heroine, but oh, the dialogue -- not just between the lovers but also among other characters -- is just fabulous.

Truly, you'll laugh out loud and sigh with desire watching Bram and Susanna fall in love. Highly recommended. ( )
  LadyWesley | Sep 25, 2013 |
Finally, a romance with some chemistry. Fun read. ( )
  jholcomb | Jul 31, 2013 |

Welcome to Spindle Cove, where the ladies with delicate constitutions come for the sea air, and men in their prime are... nowhere to be found. Or are they?

Spindle Cove is the destination of choice for certain types of well-bred young ladies: the painfully shy, young wives disenchanted with matrimony, and young girls too enchanted with the wrong men; it is a haven for those who live there.

Victor Bramwell, the new Earl of Rycliff, knows he doesn't belong here. So far as he can tell, there's nothing in this place but spinsters... and sheep. But he has no choice, he has orders to gather a militia. It's a simple mission, made complicated by the spirited, exquisite Susanna Finch—a woman who is determined to save her personal utopia from the invasion of Bram's makeshift army.

Susanna has no use for aggravating men; Bram has sworn off interfering women. The scene is set for an epic battle... but who can be named the winner when both have so much to lose?

"While in the town of Spindle Cove, a haven for ladies with delicate constitutions, to gather a militia, the new Earl of Rycliff meets his match in Susanna Finch, a woman who is determined to save her personal utopia from the invasion of his makeshift army."--From Novelist.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,503,859 books! | Top bar: Always visible