The Son of Neptune by Rick Riordan

The Son of Neptune (2011)

by Rick Riordan

Series: The Heroes of Olympus (2), Camp Half-Blood (7)

The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan (IreneReads)
    IreneReads: Both books involve Percy Jackson going on quests to save the world.
    Tiger's Curse by Colleen Houck (goldentiger99)
    goldentiger99: The Tiger's Curse series is like a mix of Percy Jackson/Heroes of Olympus and the twilight saga. So if you like both or only 1 series you'll like this book

English (100)  Spanish (1)  All languages (101)
This is a fantastic book! Percy kind of matured since the PJO series, but he's still the same funny Percy we know and love. It's so sweet how he remembers Annabeth, who else loved that? And he had a dream with Grover in it! I lover Grover! Also, I love his relationship with Frank and Hazel.

I love Frank. For a son of Mars the god of war, Frank really isn't a violent person unlike most children of the war god. He's doesn't have a lot of confidence in himself and he's kind of shy, but I love him anyway. And I love him and Hazel as a couple. I'm a huge Frazel shipper.

Hazel is also really cool. She is also Nico di Angelo's half sister, I love that plot twist! I really love Hazel's and Nico's relationship!

I liked seeing Nico again but I didn't like that that he pretended not to know Percy.

I like Reyna, I think she's pretty cool. I hate Octavian! He's so creepy! I still don't like Hera, or Juno, whatever.

This book was really funny. I thought it was funny that Percy didn't like Hazel's horse's potty mouth. I also like Ella, and that we saw Tyson and Mrs O'Leary.

And that's all I have to say about The Son of Neptune. ( )
  barbiekait | Oct 16, 2014 |
This book was great because Percy is back and he regains his memory little by little. It was intense at times, but I was happy in the end of how the story came together so nicely. ( )
  TeresaCruz | Oct 11, 2014 |
I thought this book was a little better than the last of the Percy Jackson series. The best part was the Amazons and the visit to the warehouse. Too funny! ( )
  Mirandalg14 | Aug 18, 2014 |
Some day, I'll stop comparing these books to series that have no comparison (Harry who?) and just enjoy them. They are funny, have fast-paced plots, and seem to do a very thorough job of incorporating instead of bastardizing greek and roman mythology. My rapport for the two new "main" characters introduced by this book doesn't go as deep as my affection for those introduced in the previous book, but I'm sure that they'll have time to grow on me, as some characters in the first series had to (Tyson, Thalia). ( )
  drhapgood | Jul 27, 2014 |
Percy is always getting into trouble ( )
  aliterarylion | Jul 14, 2014 |

Rick Riordanprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Rekiaro, IlkkaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Swanson, JoshuaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To Becky, who shares my sanctuary in New Rome. Even Hera could never make me forget you.
The snake-haired ladies were starting to annoy Percy.

Percy is going to Camp Jupiter with no memory of his former life. After being told to do so by Wolf Lupa. When he is going he is constantley holding of the gorgon sisters of Medusa. but when he reaches the camp two ards jump to the aid of Percy as he caries goddess Hera to saftey. But the two gaurds are attacked as they try to get to camp. So then Percy is deemed worthy of being at Camp Jupiter. Not long fter receiving a quest from Aries that Hi, Frank and Hazzel must go to free death or Thanatos. Also redeem honor of fifth cohort. And so they travel to Alaska with many bumps along the way including escaping Amazons. But when they arrive they free death kill the giant and save the fifth cohort honor.

Demigod Percy Jackson, still with no memory, and his new friends from Camp Jupiter, Hazel and Frank, go on a quest to free Death, but their bigger task is to unite the Greek and Roman camps so that the Prophecy of Seven can be fulfilled.

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,327,649 books! | Top bar: Always visible