The Son of Neptune by Rick Riordan

The Son of Neptune (2011)

by Rick Riordan

Series: The Heroes of Olympus (2), Camp Half-Blood (7)

The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan (IreneReads)
    IreneReads: Both books involve Percy Jackson going on quests to save the world.
    Tiger's Curse by Colleen Houck (goldentiger99)
    goldentiger99: The Tiger's Curse series is like a mix of Percy Jackson/Heroes of Olympus and the twilight saga. So if you like both or only 1 series you'll like this book

English (108)  Spanish (1)  All languages (109)
Solid and enjoyable entry in the second of this Greek/Roman mythology series. This book does a good job of describing Camp Jupiter, setting its hierarchies and strictness in stark contrast to Camp Half-Blood. The action is satisfyingly fast-paced, and Riordan always manages to create new (and often hilarious) twists on ancient myths. My one complaint is that I am getting a little tired of each major new character having some deep, dark secret s/he has hidden from everyone else; hopefully now that the seven demigods of the prophecy have been introduced, that will calm down some. ( )
  bostonian71 | Jul 19, 2015 |
So amazing. I now totally agree that this series is as good as the Percy Jackson one. Now that I'm fully on board, I can't wait to finish this series. I think a lot of the reason why I loved this one so much was the fact that Percy Jackson was in it. It was so good to hear from him again-- and I loved the new characters, Hazel and Frank. I can't wait to seem here Riordan is going to take this amazing series. The world and mythology he's created is simply spectacular. As a lover of myth, I appreciate these books SO much..I can't even. Lol.

Def recommend this series to everyone!! ( )
  Diamond.Dee. | Jul 3, 2015 |
Yay for Percy. I love how slowly you get bits and pieces of whats going on yet the story is fast paced. You never feel like youre stuck in the same thing forever. ( )
  valesbookshelf | Jun 23, 2015 |
The only thing Percy remembers is a name and a face. ANNABETH. I REPEAT: THE ONLY THING PERCY REMEMBERS IS ANNABETH. If that doesn’t make them ship worthy I don’t know what does.
Percy finds himself being lead towards a hidden camp called Camp Jupiter seemingly similar to a Roman civilization full of Roman demigods and ghosts. He has the urge to show this place to Annabeth even though he’s not entirely sure who she is. Once he gets sucked into this new world (and for now the only world he knows) he can’t imagine where else he could have come from.
But of course this wouldn’t be a Percy Jackson story without a quest or as the Romans call it…I forgot. And instead of bringing cohort praetor Reyna “long last name” he takes Hazel Lavesque cutie southern african american daughter of Pluto (Hades) and Frank Zhang son of Mars (Aries) his new friends that saved him from angry gorgons in the beginning of the book.
Thoughts and whatnot
Percy loves Annabeth so much he didn’t forget her name when Hera wiped his memory. How awesome is that?? It shows how different their relationship is from when we first started reading about these crazy kids.
I can see where Jason gets his holier than thou vibe from. Reyna was the same way and still was by the time the book ended. The loser kids from the Fifth Cohort were more chill and relaxed because of the poor state they were in the first place as the weakest group in the camp. Funnily enough Jason was part of the Fifth Cohort but they reverted back to their loser ways when he vanished.
This book was much more interesting than the last one and I’m not just saying that because Percy was in it. From Frank’s backstory to Hazel’s this one had more intrigue to it than the other newbies from the other side of camp. While I liked Leo’s fated-to-be-the-cause-of-all-ruin tragedy Jason and Piper’s stories were just so boring (shoutout to my favorite Thalia Grace) I couldn’t sympathize with them. Frank was a favorite for me this time around. The mystery surrounding Hazel was even better than I had imagined (shoutout to Nico DiAngelo)
The flipside to Greek mythology happens to be Roman mythology. I will admit that I did not know that at all but it was so amazing how it was able to blend in perfectly with the Olympian background we already knew about in the last books. Turns out Percy wasn’t the only one to defeat a titan... ( )
  Jessika.C | May 12, 2015 |
I loved this book! Riordan does such a good job of entertaining and teaching us. I climbed into bed last night with about 250 pages to read and didn't sleep until I was done. I laughed, I cried (no really I did). I can't wait for the next book! ( )
  mlake | Apr 28, 2015 |

Rick Riordanprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Rekiaro, IlkkaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Swanson, JoshuaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To Becky, who shares my sanctuary in New Rome. Even Hera could never make me forget you.
The snake-haired ladies were starting to annoy Percy.

Percy is going to Camp Jupiter with no memory of his former life. After being told to do so by Wolf Lupa. When he is going he is constantley holding of the gorgon sisters of Medusa. but when he reaches the camp two ards jump to the aid of Percy as he caries goddess Hera to saftey. But the two gaurds are attacked as they try to get to camp. So then Percy is deemed worthy of being at Camp Jupiter. Not long fter receiving a quest from Aries that Hi, Frank and Hazzel must go to free death or Thanatos. Also redeem honor of fifth cohort. And so they travel to Alaska with many bumps along the way including escaping Amazons. But when they arrive they free death kill the giant and save the fifth cohort honor.

Demigod Percy Jackson, still with no memory, and his new friends from Camp Jupiter, Hazel and Frank, go on a quest to free Death, but their bigger task is to unite the Greek and Roman camps so that the Prophecy of Seven can be fulfilled.

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 99,123,081 books! | Top bar: Always visible