The Son of Neptune by Rick Riordan

The Son of Neptune (2011)

by Rick Riordan

Series: The Heroes of Olympus (2), Camp Half-Blood (7)

The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan (IreneReads)
    IreneReads: Both books involve Percy Jackson going on quests to save the world.
    Tiger's Curse by Colleen Houck (goldentiger99)
    goldentiger99: The Tiger's Curse series is like a mix of Percy Jackson/Heroes of Olympus and the twilight saga. So if you like both or only 1 series you'll like this book

English (115)  Spanish (1)  All languages (116)
The series is getting a little worn. New monsters, new characters, but really mostly the same story line. It's an enjoyable read for all that, but nothing sets this apart from any of the others. ( )
  memlhd | Jan 22, 2016 |
I already loved Rick Riordan, but after reading this latest book in the Heroes of Olympus series, it is clear to me that Riordan has outdone himself again. This is a spoiler free review, so I won't go into details of the books. Let me say this though: this new cast of characters, and some old ones too, is absolutely brilliant! My new favorite character in these books is now Hazel Levesque. She is smart, seriously brave, a great friend (makes me wish she were mine!), and a terrible enemy to have. Gaea, beware, because with Hazel on Percy's side, there is no way she can win. Riordan introduces some other great characters. Frank is really sweet. Ok, so I will have ONE spoiler, and after it, no more, I promise:

******SPOILER******

It took me reading the book two times to figure out that Leo is Sammy's great-grandson, or something. It will be interesting to see who Hazel chooses. Me, personally, I would choose Leo, because there is nothing better than a guy who can make you laugh.

******END SPOILER******

Son of Neptune is a great book. If you haven't read it, do. Now that I have read it and Throne of Fire, I don't know what to do with myself until the next books in the series come out! ( )
  magelet87 | Jan 7, 2016 |
You know, the British cover kinda hints that Percy is going to be the main character in this book.
I can't wait! Rick Riordan, please write faster...pretty please with cherry on top? ( )
  catnips13 | Dec 8, 2015 |
So I don't remember a ton of stuff from the other books in the preceding series and the first book of this series, but that ended up being okay, since the main character didn't either. I like the take on the various mythologies converging and it's a wonderful adventure story. I really feel for both frank and Hazel as neither of them will probably survive the series. Percy came off as a tiny bit arrogant but I do find myself wondering if that had something to do with the narration. The narrator was great at expressing feelings and generating excitement but his female voices did leave a little bit to be desired. I've already gotten started on the next volume. ( )
  Rosa.Mill | Nov 21, 2015 |
  Rosa.Mill | Nov 21, 2015 |

Rick Riordanprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Rekiaro, IlkkaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Swanson, JoshuaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To Becky, who shares my sanctuary in New Rome. Even Hera could never make me forget you.
The snake-haired ladies were starting to annoy Percy.

Percy is going to Camp Jupiter with no memory of his former life. After being told to do so by Wolf Lupa. When he is going he is constantley holding of the gorgon sisters of Medusa. but when he reaches the camp two ards jump to the aid of Percy as he caries goddess Hera to saftey. But the two gaurds are attacked as they try to get to camp. So then Percy is deemed worthy of being at Camp Jupiter. Not long fter receiving a quest from Aries that Hi, Frank and Hazzel must go to free death or Thanatos. Also redeem honor of fifth cohort. And so they travel to Alaska with many bumps along the way including escaping Amazons. But when they arrive they free death kill the giant and save the fifth cohort honor.

Demigod Percy Jackson, still with no memory, and his new friends from Camp Jupiter, Hazel and Frank, go on a quest to free Death, but their bigger task is to unite the Greek and Roman camps so that the Prophecy of Seven can be fulfilled.

795 wanted5 pay6 pay

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 103,030,425 books! | Top bar: Always visible