The Son of Neptune by Rick Riordan

The Son of Neptune (2011)

by Rick Riordan

Series: The Heroes of Olympus (2), Camp Half-Blood (7)

The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan (IreneReads)
    IreneReads: Both books involve Percy Jackson going on quests to save the world.
    Tiger's Curse by Colleen Houck (goldentiger99)
    goldentiger99: The Tiger's Curse series is like a mix of Percy Jackson/Heroes of Olympus and the twilight saga. So if you like both or only 1 series you'll like this book

English (99)  Spanish (1)  All languages (100)
I thought this book was a little better than the last of the Percy Jackson series. The best part was the Amazons and the visit to the warehouse. Too funny! ( )
  Mirandalg14 | Aug 18, 2014 |
Some day, I'll stop comparing these books to series that have no comparison (Harry who?) and just enjoy them. They are funny, have fast-paced plots, and seem to do a very thorough job of incorporating instead of bastardizing greek and roman mythology. My rapport for the two new "main" characters introduced by this book doesn't go as deep as my affection for those introduced in the previous book, but I'm sure that they'll have time to grow on me, as some characters in the first series had to (Tyson, Thalia). ( )
  drhapgood | Jul 27, 2014 |
Percy is always getting into trouble ( )
  aliterarylion | Jul 14, 2014 |
Having read all five books in the 'Percy Jackson (Lightning Thief)' series and the first one in this, the 'Heroes Of Olympus' series, I think I've got a pretty good hang of all the various Greek gods and goddesses, and their powers, weaknesses, alliances, etc. Now, this book switches to the Roman aspect of the gods, and I have to pick up on the 'equivalent' of the Greek version. Good read but does end with a little bit of a cliff hanger -- which made me delve right into the third book 'The Mark Of Athena' (which fortunately, has already been published). ( )
  MomsterBookworm | Jul 14, 2014 |
This book personally caught my attention even before it came out. My mum had bought me the first book to this series and I had read it wit remarkable speeds, absorbing the story. When I finished I remember begging for the next book, The Son of Neptune. When I finally got it I discovered that Percy was okay and that he had amnesia. This story is amazing with the plot and the timing too. It was everything I expected from Rick Riordan and more! I couldn't wait to see what happened next.

Percy Jackson had gone missing from Camp Half Blood a while ago and his girlfriend, Annabeth Chase was extremely worried about him. Meanwhile, a long while away, another demigod camp, finds a new recruit. Camp Jupiter is a Roman camp for roman demigods while Camp Half Blood is for the Greek demigods, the two camps have never encountered because of their godly parents, they kept them apart until the right time. Percy had fallen into deep trouble with undying gorgons, he comes across the camp and meets Frank and Hazel, they all quickly become friends. Percy then meets a mysterious yet familiar boy named Nico Di Angelo, Nico explains the problem behind the undying monsters and asks Percy to help, as the son of Poseidon (Neptune) he can't turn this offer down. Joined by the other prophecy 7, Percy embarks on a journey to save the world, and his memories. ( )
  KelsieH.G3 | May 23, 2014 |

Rick Riordanprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Rekiaro, IlkkaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Swanson, JoshuaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To Becky, who shares my sanctuary in New Rome. Even Hera could never make me forget you.
The snake-haired ladies were starting to annoy Percy.

Percy is going to Camp Jupiter with no memory of his former life. After being told to do so by Wolf Lupa. When he is going he is constantley holding of the gorgon sisters of Medusa. but when he reaches the camp two ards jump to the aid of Percy as he caries goddess Hera to saftey. But the two gaurds are attacked as they try to get to camp. So then Percy is deemed worthy of being at Camp Jupiter. Not long fter receiving a quest from Aries that Hi, Frank and Hazzel must go to free death or Thanatos. Also redeem honor of fifth cohort. And so they travel to Alaska with many bumps along the way including escaping Amazons. But when they arrive they free death kill the giant and save the fifth cohort honor.

Demigod Percy Jackson, still with no memory, and his new friends from Camp Jupiter, Hazel and Frank, go on a quest to free Death, but their bigger task is to unite the Greek and Roman camps so that the Prophecy of Seven can be fulfilled.

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,357,678 books! | Top bar: Always visible