The Son of Neptune (Heroes of Olympus, Book…

The Son of Neptune (Heroes of Olympus, Book 2) (original 2011; edition 2013)

by Rick Riordan

Member:FeliceChan
Title:The Son of Neptune (Heroes of Olympus, Book 2)
Authors:Rick Riordan
Info:Disney-Hyperion (2013), Edition: Reprint, Paperback, 560 pages

The Son of Neptune by Rick Riordan (2011)

The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan (IreneReads)
    IreneReads: Both books involve Percy Jackson going on quests to save the world.
    Tiger's Curse by Colleen Houck (goldentiger99)
    goldentiger99: The Tiger's Curse series is like a mix of Percy Jackson/Heroes of Olympus and the twilight saga. So if you like both or only 1 series you'll like this book

English (134)  Spanish (2)  All languages (136)
WOW! I can't believe it took me so long to read this book. It had a slowish start, but once it got going I had a hard time putting it down. I can not wait to see where the next book takes us! One of my favorites in the whole series. Obviously if you liked the other books your going to love this one. ( )
  rabidgummibear | Nov 28, 2018 |

FIRST READ: October 13, 2012
OH MY SHIT, PERCY JACKSON IS BAAAAACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thank the Gods!
Or Rick Riordan.
anyways...

So, yeah, I'm excited. This book is so Epic, I would give it the title of The Most Epic Book Ever. Unfortunately, I already gave that title to Insurgent. So I suppose we'll just have to settle for The Most Epic Book of ALL TIME.
which is even better, when you think about it.
So, yes, I got very annoyed at Nico in this book. Hello? Aren't you supposed to be friends with Percy? or at least Allies? At least acquaintances? And he shows up all amnesiac and is like, "Hey, I think I know you," but then you're like, "Nope. never seen you before in my life." Is it still the Bianca thing?
Either way, Nico is sooo getting seriously strangled the next time I see him.
Hazel: Her story is a lot like Piper's from book 1, except, you know, completely different.
Frank: Oh, this kid is so awesome I can't even begin to say. Unfortunately, I'm in a committed relationship with Leo... Not that I'd actually date him, anyway. He and Hazel are too perfect of a couple to break up. I'm sure Aphrodite agrees with me.
Percy Jackson: Percy Jackson.
he requires no more explanation than that.

Fave Quotes:

"House Gods," Percy said. "Like... smaller than real gods, but larger than apartment gods?"
-Percy Jackson on Lares, pg 31

Hazel was an expert on weird. She'd seen her mother possessed by an earth goddess. She'd created a giant out of gold. She'd destroyed an island, died, and come back from the Underworld.
But getting kidnapped by a field of grass? That was new.

-Hazel Levesque on Weird, pg 216

Also, Ella is the most Random and Awesome Harpy EVER.

Monica_P | Nov 22, 2018 |
Absolutely perfect! I really loved the reintroduction of Percy to this series. It was well-done and very uniquely composed. The book makes the Heroes of Olympus series a vital for fans of the Percy Jackson series. Really, its a MUST READ! ( )
  spellbindingstories | May 24, 2018 |
This book was much, much easier to get into the first book in the series, The Last Hero. I think it was because I already knew Percy really well from the previous series, while, in The Last Hero I knew none of the main characters save Annabeth, and she wasn't in it a ton.

On the other hand, some of the Roman stuff threw me for a loop in this one, and it took awhile to get into the difference between the Greek and Roman stuff.

Still, I liked how some of the monsters overlapped and the hints about where Percy's been for the previous 8 months.

Percy wakes up without his memory. We don't catch up to his story until he approaches Camp Jupiter. Camp Jupiter is interesting. It's quite like Camp Blood and yet it's also more adult in a lot of ways and it seems more like City Jupiter instead of a camp. Needless to say, Percy meets Frank and Hazel, and soon all three are dispatched on a quest to of all places, Alaska. Along the way are the typical Rick Riordan twists, barries, and then in the end, quite the cliffhanger.

It takes place around the same time as The Last Hero, and to me it seemed less of a sequel and more of a companion to the first book.

And then there was the humor, it was as hilarious as usual, especially the Amazon (the company)/Amazons (the all-female tribe) stuff was insanely hilarious (and weirdly enough made total sense).

A very fun next book in the series. ( )
  DanieXJ | May 20, 2018 |
Beautiful.
This book was absolutely awesome
Oh how I missed Percy's sarcasm!
and Frank and Hazel are awesome too!
I was so frustrated when Percy didn't remember stuff from his past and I kept yelling stuff like "YOU DID THAT IN SEA OF MONSTERS YOU MORON" at my book but to no avail.
I can't wait for Percy and Annabeth to finally reunite!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And omg Nico!! my poor baby :/
I hope he's alright 😢😢😢 ( )
  Ray_ | Mar 24, 2018 |

Rick Riordanprimary authorall editionscalculated
Rekiaro, IlkkaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Swanson, JoshuaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To Becky, who shares my sanctuary in New Rome. Even Hera could never make me forget you.
The snake-haired ladies were starting to annoy Percy.

Percy is going to Camp Jupiter with no memory of his former life. After being told to do so by Wolf Lupa. When he is going he is constantley holding of the gorgon sisters of Medusa. but when he reaches the camp two ards jump to the aid of Percy as he caries goddess Hera to saftey. But the two gaurds are attacked as they try to get to camp. So then Percy is deemed worthy of being at Camp Jupiter. Not long fter receiving a quest from Aries that Hi, Frank and Hazzel must go to free death or Thanatos. Also redeem honor of fifth cohort. And so they travel to Alaska with many bumps along the way including escaping Amazons. But when they arrive they free death kill the giant and save the fifth cohort honor.

Demigod Percy Jackson, still with no memory, and his new friends from Camp Jupiter, Hazel and Frank, go on a quest to free Death, but their bigger task is to unite the Greek and Roman camps so that the Prophecy of Seven can be fulfilled.

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 131,581,469 books! | Top bar: Always visible