One Salt Sea: An October Daye Novel by…

One Salt Sea: An October Daye Novel (edition 2011)

by Seanan McGuire

Title:One Salt Sea: An October Daye Novel
Authors:Seanan McGuire
Info:DAW (2011), Edition: Original, Mass Market Paperback, 368 pages
Collections:Read but unowned
Tags:series, fae

One Salt Sea by Seanan McGuire

Recently added byprivate library, kara-karina, tentoumushi, malinengdahl, wanderingwynd, erinR, CathSmith

Seanan McGuire ripped poor Toby apart again. She just doesn't give her even a moment of respite. What an intense, gripping and fantastic read!

Toby nearly died in last book, and here she is again, thrown into an attempt to stop the war between Land fae and Undersea folks, because the sons of Duchess of Saltmist are kidnapped.

October and her friends have only three days to solve the case, and Toby works almost non-stop especially when her own daughter gets involved and the stakes in this dangerous game skyrocket...

Oh My God, people! My heart just couldn't bear the tension! Poor Toby, poor parents, unbelievably tough choices and tragic losses. Very dark, bitter ending of the book.

October Daye has come a very long way and evolved so much from a simple changeling detective in the beginning to a powerful, ruthless player. I can not wait to read Ashes of Honor and see what comes next.

Hugely recommend this series! First two books are a bit shaky, but from the 3rd onwards it's pure awesomeness. ( )
  kara-karina | Nov 20, 2015 |
Got an ARC of this and man was it good. ( )
  Glennis.LeBlanc | Jul 8, 2014 |
I enjoyed this book more than the previous one in the series. For one thing, I did a little digging around and discovered that there are three volumes beyond this one, already titled and scheduled for release. That made me very happy, because it meant that this series is planned, with running themes; a beginning, middle and end; and won't simply drag on with one thing following the next.

"One Salt Sea" takes us to a new part of the fairy realm, namely the sea. We have been given some hints about this kingdom - the protagonist's love interest is a Selkie - but not in detail. Toby doesn't know anything about this part of fairy, which allows McGuire to give us a lot of information without resorting to "as you know Bob." We find out more about the Luishaig, the Sea Witch, as well, which is very satisfying.

Trying to avoid spoilers, I will say that the ending was something of a set up, but of a very believable kind, not of the deus ex author kind. Now that I know there is a definite ending, I will be reading the rest of the series with interest. ( )
  teckelvik | Feb 10, 2014 |
This one an unexpected and delightful addition to Octobers tale. The awkwardness that accompanied some of the current progression in specific characters became solidified. Some in a finality that was sad bit also in a way that created more depth to a tale that in many ways was just another UF novel lost in the Frey. ( )
  AKMamma | Nov 25, 2013 |
I absolutely love October Day! This tale was fantastic! Not as intricate as some of the earlier books, but heart wrenching and spell binding all the same! ( )
  AKMamma | Nov 25, 2013 |

Seanan McGuireprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
McGrath, ChrisCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
O'Shea, TaraInterior dingbatsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Chris.

Thanks, bunny.
The sword swung fast and hard toward my face, leaving me with barely enough time to raise my own sword into position to parry.

October "Toby" Daye is now the Countess of Goldengreen. To prevent war between land and sea, Toby must find the kidnapped sons of the regent of the Undersea Duchy of Saltmist within three days and prove that the Queen of the Mists was not responsible.… (more)

84 wanted1 pay7 pay

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 100,940,808 books! | Top bar: Always visible