A Touch of Crimson: A Renegade Angels Novel…

A Touch of Crimson: A Renegade Angels Novel (edition 2011)

by Sylvia Day

Member:younglibrarian
Title:A Touch of Crimson: A Renegade Angels Novel
Authors:Sylvia Day
Info:Signet (2011), Edition: Original, Mass Market Paperback, 368 pages
Rating:***

A Touch of Crimson by Sylvia Day

How dare Sylvia Day let me read this without having the next book readily available! Its been such a wonderful ride and I can't wait to see where it goes. 3 1/2 Stars. ( )
  bookjunkie57 | Apr 17, 2015 |
I'm not really into paranormal and don't love when a book starts by having to explain all the character's species and how they got that way. That all being said, I enjoyed A Touch of Crimson.

As usual, Sylvia Day develops her characters well and always has a story to tell. There is plenty of heat between Lindsay and Adrian and you get to know them both through their introduced history and interaction. There were great secondary characters and due to that fact I am definitely going to read the next book in the series. ( )
  jkgrage | Nov 24, 2014 |
  bookjunkie57 | Jul 7, 2014 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
..OMG!! If angel can make love and comes with the many "Bonuses" like in this story, I want one! No, make that half a dozen of them!! This book will make a nun break her vow and come out of celibacy. Sylvia Day can certainly takes a romance novel as we know it into a stratosphere of erotica that will leave you steamy hot with passionate sexual fantasy and/or leaving you aching and throbbing for more. I'm been turned-off by the thousands of vampire/werewolves stories since the "Twilight Saga" came out, there seems to be nothing but gazillions of vampire/werewolves books out there. You could say I'm tired of reading the many versions of them which are but the same difference in the end. This is Sylvia Day's first book I've ever read, the theory of this story is interesting. With a twist away from biblical story, from the book of Genesis about angels, particularly about the "Watchers" and the "Nephilim" into a realm of paranormal fantasy and romance. This intrigued me more and perked my curiosity to read and find out more about the "angels" in the story than wanting to read about vampires/Lycans. I certainly like the idea that Lindsay gets to keep her own soul and Adrian realized who he really loves in the end. Now, I must go find the rest of this trilogy. ( )
  Dotland101 | Jun 16, 2014 |
(mild-ish spoilers)
It was a good read. I just had a hard time getting caught up with the characters b/c Adrian & Lindsay's relationship seemed nothing more than sex. It was challenging, reading it as a light read as I was, to catch on to the whole two souls in her body that were like 2 different people & such. I'm still not sure I totally followed what all was implied. I never got why Shadoe's soul is allowed to hitchhike on these poor mortal women, clearly overshadowing them. Parasitic. Oh yeah, and Adrian got over her withing days of meeting Lindsay. How is that a love to last lifetimes if it's so easily replaced?

Not clear how this world works if angels created the bad guys they police. Adrian creates them and then does exactly what they did with no apology or remorse it seems. He's just out to kill Syre... for doing what he's doing. Huh?

The biggie that tripped me up was the side arc involving Helena and her lycan lover. Perhaps if I reread looking for it, I would have a light bulb moment, but I don't want to reread it.

I simply don't understand how Adrian can initiate this huge effort to split them up all while he has Lindsay in his grasp where all the Sentinels around him know he's banging her. What the hell?
Why can't they be left alone to deal with their issues like Adrian is? Hypocritical much? And to disastrous end. How does he live with himself, especially after the way the book ended? And to add to that making him unlikable, Lindsay is told the situation and she doesn't even broach the subject of how the two of them can be left alone while Helena is hunted. It was out of character for someone who had expressed concern over the Lycan slavery.

Also found it disturbing that Adrian basically raped her. She'd made it clear that she meant no, regardless of her physical attraction to him. What he did creeped me out. Her not dumping his ass, at least temporarily for it, pissed me off.
I may read book 2 b/c I own it already. Not sure. ( )
  skylerashcraft | Jun 26, 2013 |

Can a love that transcends death survive a war between angels, vampires, and lycans?

An angel with immense power and insatiable desire, Adrian Mitchell leads an elite Special Ops unit of the seraphim. His task is to punish the Fallen--angels who have become vampires--and command a restless pack of indentured lycans.

But Adrian has suffered his own punishment for becoming involved with mortals--losing the woman he loves again and again. Now, after nearly two hundred years, he has found her: Shadoe, her soul once more inhabiting a new body that doesn't remember him. This time he won't let her go.

With no memory of her past as Shadoe, Lindsay Gibson knows only that she can't help being fiercely attracted to the smoldering, seductive male who crosses her path. Swept into a dangerous world of tumultuous passion and preternatural conflict, Lindsay is soon caught between her angel lover, her vampire father, and a full-blown lycan revolt. There's more at stake than her love and her life--she could lose her very soul...

Angel Adrian Mitchell tries to convince Lindsay Gibson that she is actually Shadoe, the woman he loves and keeps losing, in a new body, while dealing with a pack of rogue vampires and a lycan revolt.

Sylvia Day is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alumn

A Touch of Crimson by Sylvia Day was made available through LibraryThing Early Reviewers. Sign up to possibly get pre-publication copies of books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 97,177,937 books! | Top bar: Always visible