A Touch of Crimson: A Renegade Angels Novel…

A Touch of Crimson: A Renegade Angels Novel (edition 2011)

by Sylvia Day

Title:A Touch of Crimson: A Renegade Angels Novel
Authors:Sylvia Day
Info:Signet (2011), Edition: Original, Mass Market Paperback, 368 pages

A Touch of Crimson by Sylvia Day

When I heard that Sylvia Day wrote a book about the world which I got acquainted with through her Marked series I had a huge SQUEE moment. Seriously, guys, I loved her Marked series and was very sad when Tor decided to discontinue them.

This review comes way too early as the book will only be published in the beginning of October, but I simply couldn't wait.

Having said all that, I was disappointed. The sex was hot (Sylvia does write it very well), certain characters were very intriguing but overall it felt like a messy rough plot. Too many loose ends, too many plot bunnies, it's all rushed and contradicting. It was driving me mad...

Vampires and Fallen are evil? Not, they are not evil and live their perfectly enjoyable life. Fallen are angels who mated with mortals and were stripped of their wings and forced to drink blood for sustenance. But here is Adrian who's been with every mortal woman with Shadoe's soul since the dawn of time, and he still has his wings?!

Adrian is indecisive and he proves to be a possessive hypocrite, - the qualities which DID NOT endear me to him. Lindsey is a bit better, but I wasn't sold on her as well, she didn't feel like a solid vivid character, although we were constantly told how good she was.

Lycans were interesting, so as Fallen Angels and even surrounding Adrian Sentinels. I guess it's just this particular couple which failed to draw me in.

The end left the door wide open to many possibilities and I kind of liked it.

Verdict: I would read the sequel, but the book didn't live up to its potential. It felt like pure paranormal romance instead of a balance between UF and PR I like.
So far, Angels' Blood by Nalini Singh is still my perfect angels book.
However, I think fans of Gena Showalter, J.R.Ward and Lara Adrian will like A Touch of Crimson much more than me :)

kara-karina | Nov 20, 2015 |
Only read sample but not likely series I'll be getting into. Started with decent action and world building (well the "angels" falling into what's starting to be a paranormal standard of "powerful beings with wings" versus the good guys doing God's will) then into hoaky romance of the lust lust lust aren't we so sexy sort that tends to put me off
  Spurts | Oct 29, 2015 |
urgh....... ( )
  IvieHill | Aug 6, 2015 |
How dare Sylvia Day let me read this without having the next book readily available! Its been such a wonderful ride and I can't wait to see where it goes. 3 1/2 Stars. ( )
  bookjunkie57 | Apr 17, 2015 |
I'm not really into paranormal and don't love when a book starts by having to explain all the character's species and how they got that way. That all being said, I enjoyed A Touch of Crimson.

As usual, Sylvia Day develops her characters well and always has a story to tell. There is plenty of heat between Lindsay and Adrian and you get to know them both through their introduced history and interaction. There were great secondary characters and due to that fact I am definitely going to read the next book in the series. ( )
  jkgrage | Nov 24, 2014 |

Can a love that transcends death survive a war between angels, vampires, and lycans?

An angel with immense power and insatiable desire, Adrian Mitchell leads an elite Special Ops unit of the seraphim. His task is to punish the Fallen--angels who have become vampires--and command a restless pack of indentured lycans.

But Adrian has suffered his own punishment for becoming involved with mortals--losing the woman he loves again and again. Now, after nearly two hundred years, he has found her: Shadoe, her soul once more inhabiting a new body that doesn't remember him. This time he won't let her go.

With no memory of her past as Shadoe, Lindsay Gibson knows only that she can't help being fiercely attracted to the smoldering, seductive male who crosses her path. Swept into a dangerous world of tumultuous passion and preternatural conflict, Lindsay is soon caught between her angel lover, her vampire father, and a full-blown lycan revolt. There's more at stake than her love and her life--she could lose her very soul...

Angel Adrian Mitchell tries to convince Lindsay Gibson that she is actually Shadoe, the woman he loves and keeps losing, in a new body, while dealing with a pack of rogue vampires and a lycan revolt.

Sylvia Day is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alumn

A Touch of Crimson by Sylvia Day was made available through LibraryThing Early Reviewers. Sign up to possibly get pre-publication copies of books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 100,953,600 books! | Top bar: Always visible