Twisted by Sara Shepard
280None40,197 (3.71)2
Recently added byJKPL, bookish92, ashleeeyyy88, Ash_P, pclibrary1, private library, bladechik99

Twisted by Sara Shepard is the 9th book in the Pretty Little Liars series. In this book the text messages from A continue to be sent to Aria, Emily, Hanna, and Spencer. The girls dig themselves deeper into their own hole. Aria’s boyfriend is falling for someone else, a blonde Finnish exchange student who acts ALOT like Allie. Spencer is crushing on her own step-brother, who claims he’s gay. Hannah is snuggling with the enemy of her father. The only one who’s running away from love is Emily who unfortunately is willing to cheat to get a scholarship.
I enjoyed reading this book very much. Shepard does a good job keeping the mystery of who is torturing them throughout the whole book. In every chapter there is new shocking events and keeps the book very interesting. I liked the way Shepard describes her character’s emotion. You are able to feel the way her characters feel.
I would probably read this book again. I recommend it to all middle school girls because a lot of them could relate to it. ( )
  br13emha | Mar 11, 2013 |
Since this is the last book in the series, I expected it to be very boring, since all the other first books had high standards. But, boy was I wrong. This book is the best out of the entire series; I dont know how Shepard did it! The book is basically the story one year after the torturous notes from A stopped coming in. The 4 girls have hundreds of twisted secrets that can destroy their lives and one wrong step can lead all these secrets to spill out. This is a great book that builds up suspense, page by page.
  TLHelen | Nov 1, 2012 |
It's no secret that these books aren't exactly a literary goldmine. They're horrible, but I can't stop reading them. I know some people are upset that the series was picked back up after its supposed "ending" a couple of years ago, but I'm more than willing to keep reading these little pieces of purgatory. ( )
  rrhsmichelle | Mar 21, 2012 |
I was really excited to get my hands on this book, as I had really enjoyed the original series, and it had taken my city's library system over three months to get one copy of Twisted in circulation.

This book was definitely a fun, gripping read. The mystery was intriguing, and the suspense was well-built up.

However, I had the same problems with this book as I did with the last few books in the original series. What happens to the girls is ridiculous. It was believable in the beginning, that a young girl could go missing, and that there would be secrets surrounding her life and disappearance.

But unfortunately this new book picked up in the same unbelievable vein as the previous book. No parent in the book has any positive or redeeming qualities if they are even around at all, every minor character brought in seems to be plotting against the four main girls, the four main girls make incredibly stupid decisions at every turn, and there is even a Finnish exchange student who of course is so gorgeous literally every single male who comes into contact with her can't move they're so taken with her beauty. And then it turns out she might be evil and is plotting against one of the girls.

This book was definitely a fun, guilty pleasure, don't get me wrong. The problem was that the ridiculous nature, and how only awful and demoralizing things seemed to happen to the main characters, frequently took me out of the book.

Sara Shepard knows how to build up suspense really well, but seems to get taken over by how much insanity she can throw at her characters, and just how many people can possibly be out to get them. I really hope she can rein it in, and get back to the can't-put-it-down suspense of those first few entries. ( )
  seasonsoflove | Jan 17, 2012 |
Quite a good installment in what I've felt is a series being stretched out wayyyy too long. I read that there are going to be twelve books in the series, so having just read this one (book 9) I guess I'm almost done.

What bothers me is that even after everything they've been through, the girls are surprised when A texts them or claims to have something to do with horrible events in their lives. I would think after all this time they would put it to A immediately and stop being "OMG!" every time a text message comes in.

The story has taken quite a dark turn, that I'm interested to see how it plays out. Because up until now, the girls were almost innocent bystanders, but in this book it's revealed that they have many more issues that, if revealed, will quite possibly destroy their lives, and not in the superficial "I won't be popular anymore" way that they have in the past. ( )
  littleton_pace | Dec 9, 2011 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0062081012, Hardcover)

It’s been a year since the torturous notes from A stopped and the mystery of Alison DiLaurentis’s disappearance was finally put to rest. Now seniors in high school, Aria, Spencer, Hanna, and Emily are older, but they’re not any wiser. The pretty little liars have more secrets than ever—twisted secrets that could destroy the perfect lives they’ve worked so hard to rebuild.

Aria’s jealous of her boyfriend’s new exchange student. Spencer’s getting a little too cozy with her soon-to-be-stepbrother. Hanna’s one scandalous photo away from ruining her dad’s Senate campaign. And Emily will do anything to get a swim scholarship.

Worst of all: Last spring break in Jamaica, they did something unforgivable. The girls are desperate to forget that fateful night, but they should know better than anyone that all secrets wash ashore . . . eventually.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:33:11 -0400)

Even though the disappearance of Alison DiLaurentis has been solved, Spencer, Emily, Hanna, and Aria harbor other secrets which could interfere with their perfect lives, as they try to forget what happened to them in Jamaica last spring.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,411,546 books! | Top bar: Always visible