The Dog Who Knew Too Much: A Chet and Bernie…

The Dog Who Knew Too Much: A Chet and Bernie Mystery (Chet and Bernie… (original 2011; edition 2012)

by Spencer Quinn

2701942,050 (3.76)21
Member:Alice_Wonder
Title:The Dog Who Knew Too Much: A Chet and Bernie Mystery (Chet and Bernie Mysteries)
Authors:Spencer Quinn
Info:Atria Books (2012), Edition: Reprint, Paperback, 336 pages
Collections:Audio Book from Library, Fiction
Tags:dog, mystery, private detectives

The Dog Who Knew Too Much by Spencer Quinn (2011)

Bernie has done a less than stellar speech at the Great Western Private Eye Convention, but it's Chet that these folks have their eye on. Chet is some dog! Chet and Bernie are hired to accompany Anya to visit her son at camp. When Devin ends up missing, she then hires them to find her son. But on that search they find the guide dead, and a murder mystery has begun. As things shake up and become more complicated, a puppy, looking just like Chet in miniature, shows up near his home as he comes back trying to find Bernie.

This was really close to 3.5 stars for me as there were some pricelessly funny scenes (no spoilers from me, though.). If you are a Chet and Bernie fan, or even if you just like humourous cozy mysteries, or just books written for adults from the Point of view of a dog, then this book is for you. ( )
  Karin7 | Jun 23, 2016 |

Karin7 | Jun 13, 2016 |
I love Chet and Bernie! They hate Chetster and Bern, never call them that. They get in trouble, they get out of it. They find lost people and objects. All told from Chet's viewpoint including Squirrel! moments. ( )
  cynrtst | May 13, 2016 |
Bernie Little runs the Little Detective Agency ably assisted by Chet, or as Chet says "me and Bernie" run the agency. Their stories are related by Chet, who has a unique dog's understanding of things, offering lighthearted humour and an appealing take on crime. Quinn obviously has an excellent understanding of canine qualities and makes the most of them. I love this pair of sleuths. ( )
  VivienneR | Mar 5, 2016 |
I like Chet and I like Bernie- mostly. I do not like the bad things that continually happen to Chet.... Bad things happen to dogs all the time yes, but in a book I dont expect it to be sooo bad to a dog we've all come to love that I want to stop reading it....Honestly can there be at least one in this series where Chet doesnt get hurt, or need rescuing.... ( )
  nraichlin | Jan 26, 2016 |
For all the friends of the nation

within the nation
Was I proud of Bernie or what?

Suzie tails a Guy,
Chet's example Suzie tries,
-case closed, Judge Stringer.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 143915709X, Hardcover)

The fourth entry in the irresistible New York Times bestselling mystery series featuring canine narrator Chet and his human companion Bernie—“the coolest human/pooch duo this side of Wallace and Gromit” (Kirkus Reviews).

Combining suspense and intrigue with a wonderfully humorous take on the link between man and beast, Spencer Quinn’s exceptional mystery series has captured widespread praise since its New York Times bestselling debut, Dog on It. The Dog Who Knew Too Much marks the duo’s triumphant return in a tale that’s full of surprises.

Bernie is invited to give the keynote speech at the Great Western Private Eye Convention, but it’s Chet that the bigshot P.I. in charge has secret plans for. Meanwhile Chet and Bernie are hired to find a kid who has gone missing from a wilderness camp in the high country. The boy’s mother thinks the boy’s father—her ex—has snatched the boy, but Chet makes a find that sends the case in a new and dangerous direction. As if that weren’t enough, matters get complicated at home when a stray puppy that looks suspiciously like Chet shows up. Affairs of the heart collide with a job that’s never been tougher, requiring our two intrepid sleuths to depend on each other as never before. The Dog Who Knew Too Much is classic Spencer Quinn, offering page-turning entertainment that’s not just for dog-lovers.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:04:19 -0400)

When Bernie is invited to give the keynote speech at a private investigator convention, his intrepid canine companion is secretly targeted by the high-profile person in charge, an agenda that is complicated by a missing boy and a familiar-looking puppy.… (more)

142 wanted2 pay1 pay

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 106,774,121 books! | Top bar: Always visible