Happy Accidents by Jane Lynch

Happy Accidents

by Jane Lynch

I enjoyed the book and the author's narration of it. ( )
  amcheri | Aug 22, 2016 |
I was not a fan of Glee but I did enjoy watching it for the character of Sue Sylvester. You know, the lady who always wears a track-suit and was a bit of a tough cookie:

Anyway, I had noticed Jane Lynch in other roles - she was hilarious in The 40-Year-Old Virgin and Paul. So, when I stumbled across her autobiography, I was intrigued.

It took me no time at all to read this book. Lynch is certainly an interesting woman and I loved that she told her story very openly and with a lot of humour. I take it from her book that this in itself may have been something she may have found hard to do at one point as she did (maybe still does) struggle with anxiety issues and has found it difficult in the past to relate things.

As far autobiographies go, this one did not try to discuss social or political issues much but simply told Lynch's story and focused about her own journey in what came across an interesting and very honest account.

Really enjoyed it. ( )
  BrokenTune | Aug 21, 2016 |
Narrated by Jane Lynch. Lynch describes finding her place in drama as a teenager in suburban Illinois, through her success as Sue Sylvester on "Glee." As she copes with alcoholism, coming to terms with her sexuality, and finding security in her own identity, she attains varying levels of success in the theater, a shopping network, voiceovers, and ultimately, roles in movies and television. She also finally finds love in her 40s with Laura, now her wife. She attributes her ascension to success to the happy accidents that often occur in life, being in the right place at the right time. It's an easy pleasure to hear Lynch read her own book; her voice is warm and friendly and even as she describes her lower moments, there's a pending reassurance that she comes out stronger for it in the end. ( )
  Salsabrarian | Feb 2, 2016 |
Very disappointing. The writing wasn't terrible (though it was tedious at times). I just never liked her as a person. ( )
  melaniefaith | Dec 2, 2015 |
This is a very real memoir, rather than a collection of funny things that happen in Jane Lynch's life. She chronicles difficulties in her life as well as all the happy accidents that got her where she is today.

This is a very good read that goes fairly quickly and is surprisingly uplifting given some of the struggles Lynch faces in the beginning. An honest and frank memoir, this book ironically meshes hope and optimism alongside cynicism and humor. ( )
  CareBear36 | Aug 18, 2015 |
For Mom and Dad

. . . and every kid out there mustering up

the courage to answer the call of their

own hero's journey
If I could go back in time and talk to my twenty-year-old self, the first thing I would say is: "Lose the perm."

Jane Lynch, best known for her award-winning role as hard-driving cheerleading coach Sue Sylvester on Glee, tells the story of how she reached success by anything but a straight path. From teen alcoholic to out lesbian, from strange coincidences and chance meetings to offbeat character roles and finally a star turn--part comic memoir and part inspirational narrative, this is a book equally for the rabid Glee fan and for anyone who needs a new perspective on life, love, and success.… (more)

Hyperion and Voice

An edition of this book was published by Hyperion and Voice.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 109,767,389 books! | Top bar: Always visible