The Shadow Conspiracy II by Phyllis Irene…

English (29)  Dutch (1)  All (30)
I always find anthologies a bit hit and miss, and it really depends on a good editor to pick the right stories to tie a theme together. This has happened here. I found the collection to be cohesive, and able to pull me through to the end. The stories were all heavily steampunk, some serious, some light, but I enjoyed them all ( )
  bojnberry | Mar 8, 2013 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I love steampunk -- but I had a really hard time getting into this series and it took quite a few tries. I kept putting it down and choosing other books to read or re-read. ( )
  miss_twilight | Feb 5, 2013 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
This collection, Shadow Conspiracy II, is all about steampunk and while I enjoyed it, I had to read it in sessions or I found the stories repetitive. ( )
  ladyoflorien | Nov 8, 2011 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
If you really love steampunk, if you can read references to Babbage and Lovelace ad nauseum, then you are going to love this book. If that doesn't sound like fun to you, then a few of the stories will still be interesting enough to read, but you may tire of the repetitiveness rather quickly.

The one thing about this collection is that there are a lot of protagonists of varying genders and races and robot parts. ( )
  pinprick | Oct 3, 2011 |
  bojnberry | Jul 21, 2011 |

Radford, Phyllis Ireneprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Bohnhoff, Maya Kaathrynmain authorall editionsconfirmed

The soul of the poet who would be king still seeks immortality - but will it find a home? And will that home be flesh or steel? All new tales of adventure and intrigue in the age of steam, from the authors at Book View Cafe.

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

Phyllis Irene Radford's book The Shadow Conspiracy II was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 115,176,902 books! | Top bar: Always visible