My Life as A White Trash Zombie by Diana…

My Life as A White Trash Zombie (original 2011; edition 2011)

by Diana Rowland

Member:teatiemz
Title:My Life as A White Trash Zombie
Authors:Diana Rowland
Info:DAW (2011), Edition: Original, Mass Market Paperback, 320 pages
Rating:*****

My Life As A White Trash Zombie by Diana Rowland (2011)

Thereafter: Afterlife #2 (Afterlife Series) (Volume 2) by Terri Bruce (baystateRA)
    baystateRA: Different versions of life after death for young women who didn't make the most of life until after they were dead.

I found this more entertaining than I might have imagined. I read it as part of the summer reading challenge at the library. Zombies were the only genre we could find that I hadn't tried. The title delighted me, so I thought it was worth a try. I did learn a lot about zombies that I didn't know. Not sure I will continue with these, but it was fun to try something new. ( )
  njcur | Jul 12, 2016 |
The title of this book is what caught my attention. Can't say that I have ever read anything of Rowland's before, but I would check out other titles now. The book was funny and very descriptive. The irony of Angel having died and change into a Zombie in order to become a functioning contributing member of society was not lost on me. I enjoyed reading this book, and have discovered a new sub-genre of books for my reading pleasure in the process. I am looking forward to reading the sequel to this one. ( )
  BethMcV69 | Jun 17, 2016 |
I really enjoyed this one! A great new take on zombies. I wasn't sure how this was going to go but it flowed well and was a quick read. I definitely plan to read more from this author. ( )
  LenaR0307 | May 30, 2016 |
Woo Hoo! I absolutely loved this audiobook. I found this book during one of audible's sales a few months ago and bought it on a whim. I just hoped that it would be a fun quirky story to go along with its attention grabbing title and awesome pick cover. I was instantly hooked with this one. I started this audiobook while I was doing the laundry one Sunday night and I actually found myself spending a lot more time than usual folding clothes just because I didn't want the story to stop. Anything that can make me want to do laundry deserves a medal of some kind. I really haven't had this much fun listening to an audiobook in a long time.

I love a good zombie story. I will have to blame The Walking Dead for that I guess. These stories are just so much fun and I like how varied each one can be. Angel is really my kind of zombie. She doesn't throw herself a pity party when she realizes that she is a zombie. She just tries her best to figure out what she needs to do in order to take care of herself. Angel is smart and I really liked the way she thinks about things so spending time in her head was great.

The mystery of this book really took a backseat to the wonderful characters for me. There were really two mysteries in the book. The main focus seemed to be about a series of deaths in the area but I found myself really wanting to find out what had happened that made Angel into a zombie. That was the big question in my mind and I was satisfied with the outcome.

I really liked the flow of the story. The pace that things were revealed was just right to keep me very interested. It was a very well rounded book for me as well. I wouldn't say that this book was laugh out loud funny but there were some moments of humor that I really enjoyed. Angel's realization about what she is and what she wants was just a lot of fun. She also shows a lot of growth during the book which was well done.

I loved the narration of this audiobook. Allison McLemore did an absolutely fabulous job of bringing life to this story. I am so glad that I went with the audio on this one because I can't imagine a better way to experience this story. I loved the voices that she used for all of the characters and her southern accent really was perfect for the story. I would definitely like to listen to more books narrated by this narrator and plan to continue with the series very soon.

I would highly recommend this book to others. I had a great time listening to it and would recommend to others to try it on audio if they have a chance. This is the first book by Diana Rowland that I have read and I can't wait to see what else she can come up with. It looks like I will be purchasing the remaining audiobooks in this series very soon because I need to spend more time with Angel as soon as possible.

This review was also posted at Carole's Random Life. http://carolesrandomlife.blogspot.com/ ( )
  Carolesrandomlife | Feb 18, 2016 |
I wish there was half stars, because I really want to give this 3.5 stars.
I like this slightly updated take on Zombie mythos. It makes it an interesting read. The book can but just a tad slow at times, but the overall storyline is captivating. I'm looking forward to the next installment to see where things lead. ( )
  beertraveler | Feb 5, 2016 |

Diana Rowlandprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Dos Santos, DanielCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
McLemore, AllisonNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
"You should be dead," the ER nurse stated as she adjusted something on my IV.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0756406757, Mass Market Paperback)

Teenage delinquent Angel Crawford lives with her redneck father in the swamps of southern Louisiana. She's a high school dropout, addicted to drugs and alcohol, and has a police record a mile long. But when she's made into a zombie after a car crash, her addictions disappear, except for her all-consuming need to stay "alive"...

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:25:12 -0400)

"Teenage delinquent Angel Crawford lives with her redneck father in the swamps of southern Louisiana. She's a high school dropout, addicted to drugs and alcohol, and has a police record a mile long. But when she's made into a zombie after a car crash, her addictions disappear, except for her all-consuming need to stay 'alive'"--From www.amazon.com… (more)

58 wanted2 pay1 pay

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 107,479,240 books! | Top bar: Always visible