My Life as A White Trash Zombie by Diana…

My Life as A White Trash Zombie (original 2011; edition 2011)

by Diana Rowland

Member:teatiemz
Title:My Life as A White Trash Zombie
Authors:Diana Rowland
Info:DAW (2011), Edition: Original, Mass Market Paperback, 320 pages
Rating:*****

My Life As A White Trash Zombie by Diana Rowland (2011)

Thereafter: Afterlife #2 (Afterlife Series) (Volume 2) by Terri Bruce (baystateRA)
    baystateRA: Different versions of life after death for young women who didn't make the most of life until after they were dead.

I wish there was half stars, because I really want to give this 3.5 stars.
I like this slightly updated take on Zombie mythos. It makes it an interesting read. The book can but just a tad slow at times, but the overall storyline is captivating. I'm looking forward to the next installment to see where things lead. ( )
  beertraveler | Feb 5, 2016 |
Angel is no angel. She’s a pill popping addict with a felony record and she can’t hold down a job. She’s also a zombie.

When she wakes up in the hospital, she thinks she’s lucky to be alive after overdosing on pain pills. But then she starts getting these weird cravings, and she can’t seem to eat enough to get full.

An anonymous note leads her to apply for and land a job at the morgue. That’s when her craving shows it’s true colors. That sweet smell that’s making her stomach growl in hunger is brains.

What better job for a zombie than to work at the morgue. Nobody will miss a few brains here or there. I suspect any zombie would want the job. Another advantage is not having to worry about being so hungry you lose control and attack someone.

But someone does notice the missing brains. And someone made Angel a zombie for a reason. And even worse, there’s a serial killer racking up a body count and taking the heads. No more brains means Angel will have to find out who the killer is or she might graduate to full dead.

Angel isn’t the most likable character at first. I have little sympathy for drug addicts. Especially when they do harm to others to get their next fix. Once she was turned into a zombie, I hoped she’d take the second chance she’d been given and do something good with her “life.” She has her work cut out for her.

And there’s a possible romance with a sexy deputy. I wondered what he’d think if he knew Angel craved brains.

Angel made me laugh. She made me shake my head in exasperation. Then she grew, accepted the role life gave her. She slowly won me over and made me care about her.

Looking for your next zombie fix. Try this series. It’s fun, kind of gross, (well, it’s about zombies and zombies eat brains), and has a killer plot. And there’s no cliffhanger ending, even though this is the first book in the series. Everything gets wrapped up. Yet it leaves you curious to know where Angel goes from here. ( )
  laura-thomas | Feb 2, 2016 |
A great read. Angel is one of the best characters I have read in quite a while. She comes across as real, sympathetic and very flawed. during the coarse of the story she stays real, but grows into a new "person". I enjoyed the first person narration the Diana Rowland used. Overall the book was very enjoyable and I look forward to reading the next book in the series ( )
  ecurb | Jan 31, 2016 |
review to come ( )
  AzureStrawberry | Jan 12, 2016 |
Really cool urban fantasy book with a unique spin on zombies. I wanted to read a book by female author with a female main character and that's exactly what I got. Angel Craford is flawed realistic character that struggles at being a better person and a zombie at the same time. I listened to an audiobook version of this and the narrator was perfect with her southern accent. I highly recommend this to y'all :D ( )
  Jaskier | Dec 1, 2015 |

Diana Rowlandprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Dos Santos, DanielCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
McLemore, AllisonNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
"You should be dead," the ER nurse stated as she adjusted something on my IV.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0756406757, Mass Market Paperback)

Teenage delinquent Angel Crawford lives with her redneck father in the swamps of southern Louisiana. She's a high school dropout, addicted to drugs and alcohol, and has a police record a mile long. But when she's made into a zombie after a car crash, her addictions disappear, except for her all-consuming need to stay "alive"...

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:25:12 -0400)

"Teenage delinquent Angel Crawford lives with her redneck father in the swamps of southern Louisiana. She's a high school dropout, addicted to drugs and alcohol, and has a police record a mile long. But when she's made into a zombie after a car crash, her addictions disappear, except for her all-consuming need to stay 'alive'"--From www.amazon.com… (more)

67 wanted2 pay1 pay

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 103,196,351 books! | Top bar: Always visible