HomeGroupsTalkZeitgeist
Hide this

Results from Google Books

Click on a thumbnail to go to Google Books.

My Life as A White Trash Zombie (White Trash…
Loading...

My Life as A White Trash Zombie (White Trash Zombie #1) (original 2011; edition 2011)

by Diana Rowland

MembersReviewsPopularityAverage ratingMentions
4407223,849 (3.89)33
Member:randys_bookbuzz
Title:My Life as A White Trash Zombie (White Trash Zombie #1)
Authors:Diana Rowland
Info:DAW (2011), Edition: Original, Mass Market Paperback, 320 pages
Collections:Your library
Rating:
Tags:paranormal, white trash zombie series

Work details

My Life as A White Trash Zombie by Diana Rowland (2011)

  1. 00
    Thereafter: Afterlife #2 (Afterlife Series) (Volume 2) by Terri Bruce (baystateRA)
    baystateRA: Different versions of life after death for young women who didn't make the most of life until after they were dead.
Loading...

Sign up for LibraryThing to find out whether you'll like this book.

No current Talk conversations about this book.

» See also 33 mentions

Showing 1-5 of 69 (next | show all)
Reasons to read My Life as a White Trash Zombie:
- you love dark graveyard humour
- you like reading about people finding their inner strength and willpower (surprising themselves in the process)
- you like a protagonist who isn't of the I-am-going-to insult-and/or-hit-everyone-I talk-to-because-some-readers-consider-that-a-mark-of-a-strong-woman variety
- zombies
- a bit of a mystery thrown in (someone turned her into a zombie, there's a serial killer on the loose)
- you want to read a decent first book in a series If any of the above looks good to you, then go for it. You won't be disappointed.
I liked Angel Crawford a lot. I rooted for her every single moment. She starts as a walking stereotype (that title is a dead giveaway), but she grows into something much more. The author took a stereotype and used it in the best way possible. Angel's life is pretty messed up. But by the end of the book, I even felt sorry for her father (a bit).
As for the ending, that was satisfying.

And another thing, even though My Life as a White Trash Zombie starts this series, it doesn't end with a cliffhanger.
It doesn't need one. As the first book it does its job pretty well. I am interested.

I've read this, but I checked the audible sample too. It is hilarious. ( )
  Aneris | Apr 22, 2017 |
Angel ist ungebildet, sarkastisch, und sich vollkommen bewusst, dass sie ein Loser und White Trash ist. Dennoch möchte sie das ändern. Sie möchte kein Loser sein. Sie möchte kein Müll sein. Sie möchte auch nicht in einer Müllhalde wohnen. So ist My Life as a White Trash Zombie nicht nur voller Humor, sondern leicht ernste Züge schleichen sich darunter. Die jedoch zwei Sätze später wieder von Angels Mundwerk herausgerissen werden. Dennoch ist das Buch vor allem über eines: Den Vorsprung, den Angel erhält, um ihr Leben in den Griff zu bekommen. Auch, wenn sie zuerst dafür sterben musste. Und nun ständig Gehirne essen muss.

Zugegeben, dieses Buch ist nichts für Zombie-Zombiefans, die auf brutale Tode warten damit der Zombie die graue Masse lutschen kann. Angel isst immerhin Fertiggehirn und durch ihre Arbeit als Leichenchauffeur bekommt sie Gewalt nur an ihrem Ende zu sehen. Es ist auch keine typische Zombieapokalypse ausgebrochen, bei der man Menschen im puren Überlebensmodus beobachten kann. Es geht einfach nur um Angel und ihr Zombieleben im Trailer ihres Vaters.

Auch dieses Buch ist in der Ich-Perspektive geschrieben, was interessant ist, da Angel am Anfang nicht nur kindisch-rotznäsig ist, sondern sich auch nicht wirklich für andere Menschen interessiert. So verbringt man die meiste Zeit tatsächlich nur mit Angel, viele andere Charaktere werden höchstens gestreift. Trotzdem ist man ständig auf jeder Seite dabei, Angel gedanklich anzufeuern, man will, dass sie Erfolg hat; man will, dass sie ihren Selbsthass ablegt; man will, dass sie es den Menschen zeigt, die sie respektlos behandeln.

Und man will verdammt noch mal jede Seite inhalieren bis das Buch beendet ist.

Ausserdem ist das Cover supertoll. ( )
  Nomnivor | Jan 12, 2017 |
Fun zombie tale with a snarkish troubled main character. Great quick read with plenty of chuckle time thrown in. ( )
  TheYodamom | Dec 8, 2016 |
3.5 ( )
  Amanda105 | Sep 5, 2016 |
Fun little take on zombie stories. The fact that this story starts with Angel completely in the dark with her situation, and slowly trying to figure it out, just makes everything that much better. ( )
  CrissyMoss | Aug 14, 2016 |
Showing 1-5 of 69 (next | show all)
no reviews | add a review

» Add other authors

Author nameRoleType of authorWork?Status
Diana Rowlandprimary authorall editionscalculated
Dos Santos, DanielCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
McLemore, AllisonNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
You must log in to edit Common Knowledge data.
For more help see the Common Knowledge help page.
Series (with order)
Canonical title
Original title
Alternative titles
Original publication date
People/Characters
Important places
Important events
Related movies
Awards and honors
Epigraph
Dedication
First words
"You should be dead," the ER nurse stated as she adjusted something on my IV.
Quotations
Last words
Disambiguation notice
Publisher's editors
Blurbers
Publisher series
Original language

References to this work on external resources.

Wikipedia in English (1)

Book description
Haiku summary

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0756406757, Mass Market Paperback)

Teenage delinquent Angel Crawford lives with her redneck father in the swamps of southern Louisiana. She's a high school dropout, addicted to drugs and alcohol, and has a police record a mile long. But when she's made into a zombie after a car crash, her addictions disappear, except for her all-consuming need to stay "alive"...

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:25:12 -0400)

"Teenage delinquent Angel Crawford lives with her redneck father in the swamps of southern Louisiana. She's a high school dropout, addicted to drugs and alcohol, and has a police record a mile long. But when she's made into a zombie after a car crash, her addictions disappear, except for her all-consuming need to stay 'alive'"--From www.amazon.com… (more)

(summary from another edition)

Quick Links

Swap Ebooks Audio
58 wanted2 pay1 pay

Popular covers

Rating

Average: (3.89)
0.5
1 1
1.5
2 7
2.5
3 41
3.5 10
4 82
4.5 10
5 37

Audible.com

An edition of this book was published by Audible.com.

See editions

Is this you?

Become a LibraryThing Author.

 

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 113,891,961 books! | Top bar: Always visible