Angels of Darkness by Nalini Singh

Angel's Wolf by Nalini Singh — Noel, a vampire, is sent to help an angel whom someone is trying to kill. I like everything Nalini Singh has written. This story hasn't changed that.

Alphas: Origins by Ilona Andrews — No idea how to rate this. The blurb is not exactly helpful. You might expect a woman kidnapped by some noble creature (or at least one who doesn't ooze malice the first few encounters), but I couldn't wrap my mind around the ideas of a real ugly kidnapping, blackmail (she has to feed the guy with her blood if she doesn't want her six-year-old daughter to die) or the actual feeding in something which is supposed to be a romantic story. Since I don't know anything about this world, maybe that is the reason why I couldn't like it. Maybe it's one of those which you have to be familiar with the world to like it. Since I love the way Ilona Andrews writes, I would go with that.

Nocturne by Sharon Shinn — I liked this story. A woman is on the run from her past and she is hiding as a cook at a school for abandoned street children. The blurb says the mansion nearby is where she meets the blind, tormented angel who lives there, and whose secrets could now destroy them both. I have no idea what secrets. She was just curious about all the mystery surrounding the old mansion and she sneaked in and found a blind angel. It's not a bad story, but nothing really exciting happens as in the other three.

Ascension by Meljean Brook — Sneaky Meljean Brook. I love her anthology stories. They are usually awesome. This one is about two Guardians separated by a lack of communication a hundred and forty years ago. Marc is trying to find the source of unrest in a small town where he lives and Radha, worried about him even though she thinks he rejected her, comes to help him. ( )
  Aneris | Oct 31, 2016 |

Aneris | Oct 31, 2016 |
I only read Ilona Andres Alphas: Origins novella. Very good read! I don't know if they are building a new series, but its interesting! ( )
  pnwbookgirl | Feb 7, 2016 |
Angel's Wolf- 3.5 stars- I love the series but did not care for these characters. There was a scene with a cat being killed, broke my heart.
Alpha's origin-5 stars, fantasy, action, romance and mystery in the perfect amount- I want more
Nocturne- 3 stars, just not my style of reading, a religious feel
Ascension- ? Did not finish ( )
  TheYodamom | Jan 29, 2016 |
This review is only for Angel's Wolf. I haven't read the other authors yet and don't want to be spoiled!

Loved Nimra and Noel. A very sweet romance. Both are deliciously tortured souls who find peace and love with each other. Made me want to get on a plane to LA right away. I enjoyed the different characters of Nimra's court. I wonder if Midnight will make an appearance in later books? It sounds like a scary potion.

Curious about the other stories in the anthology. My TBR list just got a lot longer! ( )
  Akaria | May 13, 2015 |

Singh, NaliniContributorprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Andrews, IlonaContributormain authorall editionsconfirmed
Brook, MeljeanContributormain authorall editionsconfirmed
Shinn, SharonContributormain authorall editionsconfirmed
Eyre, JustineNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Marlo, ColeenNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Raudman, ReneeNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

This collection includes four novellas:
"Alphas: Origins" by Andrews, Ilona;
"Angel's Wolf" by Singh, Nalini;
"Ascension" by Brook, Meljean;
"Nocturne" by Shinn, Sharon

Collects four romance novellas involving angels, including tales in which a woman finds a blind, tormented angel in a secluded mansion, and a vampire becomes obsessed with an angel who rules the Louisiana territory.

229 wanted1 pay4 pay

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

Tantor Media

An edition of this book was published by Tantor Media.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 110,828,213 books! | Top bar: Always visible