Angels of Darkness by Nalini Singh
201None58,228 (3.74)4

Alpha:origins by Ilona Andrews ( )
  nutelena | Sep 25, 2013 |
Only read the Ilona Andrews and Nalini Singh stories... both very good.

The Ilona Andrews story (Alphas: Origins) seem to be the beginning of a new series.

The Nalini Singh story (Angel's Wolf) is set in the Guild Hunters world. ( )
  mearias | Sep 23, 2013 |
Loved the Ilona Andrews piece. So fresh! ( )
  sharrow | Sep 21, 2013 |
I only read the short by [a:Ilona Andrews|21748|Ilona Andrews|http://photo.goodreads.com/authors/1219436898p2/21748.jpg]. It is a stand alone story. This is set in a completely new world that is great. I really like Lucas and Henry. ( )
  mlsimmons | Sep 20, 2013 |
Angel's Wolf by Nalini Singh
5 stars
I have read the Guild Hunter series so know the world well. I liked the story and the characters but the relationship was a little stilted by power issues. Still the story was pretty well fleshed out for a novella. Even the characters and their problems were well drawn. It was a great addition to the series.

Alpha: Origins by Ilona Andrews
4 1/2 stars
This was a new world for me also. At first I thought it might be part of the Edge series but very quickly discovered it was something else. It was definitely something else, something between a science fiction and fantasy story but you don't get to that until well into the story. Until the explanation, you just think of grotesque shape shifters and indentured servitude. It was definitely grittier than the other novellas

Nocture by Sharon Shinn
4 1/2 stars
This one starts really slowly. She is a cook at a school and he is a blinded angel who lives secretly in the mansion apart from the school. I really like the play between the two characters when it finally starts. The big problem is you never get to understand the world, who are the angels and how do they interact with the world. It sounds like they have a short life span compared to other angel novels but you never even learn that. Even not having an idea of the world and how the species interact, I still liked the relationship between the two characters probably the best of all the novellas.

Ascension by Meljean Brooks
4 1/2 stars
I liked the chemistry between the two characters. Not knowing the world, I was a little lost but seemed to catch up. I think I would like to try this series out after reading it. The story was great for a short and well explained. The relationship is well fleshed out and since they were coming from a past relationship, pretty believable.

As an anthology of novellas goes, this is one of the best with all the stories being good. Ascension, Angel's Wolf, and Nocturne, being more romance and Alpha: Origins being more a UF something else. ( )
  tivonut | Jul 25, 2013 |

Singh, NaliniContributorprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Andrews, IlonaContributormain authorall editionsconfirmed
Brook, MeljeanContributormain authorall editionsconfirmed
Shinn, SharonContributormain authorall editionsconfirmed
Eyre, JustineNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Marlo, ColeenNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Raudman, ReneeNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Collects four romance novellas involving angels, including tales in which a woman finds a blind, tormented angel in a secluded mansion, and a vampire becomes obsessed with an angel who rules the Louisiana territory.

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,411,593 books! | Top bar: Always visible