Alone by Lisa Gardner

Alone

by Lisa Gardner

Series: D.D. Warren (1)

Recently added byElizabyte, jhblanch, mindy.magee, reneely, ReedaPNR, private library, RinkuGeeyo, arena90, J.Green
    Kiss the Girls by James Patterson (Shuffy2)
    Shuffy2: Both have creepy abductions...

English (55)  German (1)  Dutch (1)  All languages (57)
Story was good but the title would imply there is a strong presence of Detective D.D.Warren but that character only represented a 'bit' part in the book. ( )
  Carole-Ann | Aug 9, 2014 |
too grisly and violent for me but I kept reading it because I wanted to know how it ended. I don't watch SVU for the same reason I almost didn't finish this book. one interesting thing I found out was that the author holds a contest where she names characters in the book, after fans and then kills them off, it's a great honor. clever idea. ( )
  ewillse | Mar 23, 2014 |

Gardner, Lisaprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Fields, AnnaReadermain authorsome editionsconfirmed
Dufner, KarinÜbersetzersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Lourenço, AnaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Pock-Steen, JanTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
He'd put in a fifteen-hour shift the night the call came in.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0553584537, Mass Market Paperback)

Alone . . . Massachusetts State Trooper Bobby Dodge watches a tense hostage standoff unfold through the scope of his sniper rifle. Just across the street, in wealthy Back Bay, Boston, an armed man has barricaded himself with his wife and child. The man’s finger tightens on the trigger and Dodge has only a split second to react . . . and forever pay the consequences.

Alone . . . that’s where the nightmare began for cool, beautiful, and dangerously sexy Catherine Rose Gagnon. Twenty-five years ago, she was buried underground during a month-long nightmare of abduction and abuse. Now her husband has just been killed. Her father-in-law, the powerful Judge Gagnon, blames Catherine for his son’s death . . . and for the series of unexplained illnesses that have sent her own young son repeatedly to the hospital.

Alone . . . a madman survived solitary confinement in a maximum security prison where he’d done hard time for the most sadistic of crimes. Now he walks the streets a free man, invisible, anonymous . . . and filled with an unquenchable rage for vengeance. What brings them together is a moment of violence—but what connects them is a passion far deeper and much more dangerous. For a killer is loose who’s woven such an intricate web of evil that no one is above suspicion, no one is beyond harm, and no one will see death coming until it has them cornered, helpless, and alone.

From the Hardcover edition.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:56:19 -0400)

Bobby Dodge, sniper for the Massachusetts State Police, encounters a situation where he makes a split-second decision to kill the man holding a woman and her son hostage; however, things begin to unravel when the woman turns out not to be what she appeared and Dodge becomes the prime suspect in a murder investigation.… (more)

Five editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,671,989 books! | Top bar: Always visible