The Emperor's Edge by Lindsay Buroker

The Emperor's Edge (original 2010; edition 2012)

by Lindsay Buroker

Member:Limelite
Title:The Emperor's Edge
Authors:Lindsay Buroker
Info:CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform (2012), Paperback, 322 pages
Collections:e-Books, Read but unowned
Tags:Fiction, contemporary fiction, adventure, steampunk

The Emperor's Edge by Lindsay Buroker (2010)

Magic Bites by Ilona Andrews (Vierran)
    The Princess Bride by William Goldman (Limelite)
    Limelite: Another feisty heroine, more feckless male companions, same kind of light ironic style.
    Fly by Night by Frances Hardinge (kgodey)

I loved this book. I do love a good caper story and this fits the bill for me.

It drew me into this world and I waited with bated breath for each of the succeeding installations. Emperor's Edge is a fast paced adventure featuring a charming gang of misfits. ( )
  sumik | Apr 2, 2017 |
This book is amazing!!! ( )
  Becca301630 | Feb 2, 2017 |
A writing friend told me about Lindsay Buroker and her blog. I read a bit about her experience using Wattpad and gave her book a try on the app.

Holding a BBA, I loved following a protagonist that studied business. There was a good amount of mystery and action. I'm already a few chapters into the sequel, I started it the moment I finished this book!

Each of the central characters are well developed and distinct. It was fun to see the different personalities interact together to save the day. I expected there to be a bit more romantic intrigue than there turned out to be, but that is fine with me. ( )
  S_Shane_Thomas | Dec 30, 2016 |
If I had to describe this book (and ultimately, series) in one word, I'd say it's campy. I enjoyed the action-packed narrative, the line of characters that we are introduced to, and the fact that, even though there are quite a few of them, each character was unique.

It's not without its flaws, but I find that I'm very forgiving when a book stays within its limits; that is, it doesn't try to be something that it is not. From the beginning, the tone of the story was light, and the expectation was that things would turn out OK for the protagonists, even when they find themselves in the most unlikely situations. I expected this, so I wasn't annoyed by it - and that was good, because they always seem to find themselves in the most ridiculous situations! ( )
  iShanella | Dec 2, 2016 |
A fun read with a strong female protagonist. A good start to a series in an interesting world. ( )
  DLMorrese | Oct 14, 2016 |
Corporal Amaranthe Lokdon paced.

Worse, Sicarius, the empire's most notorious assassin, is in town. He's tied in with the chaos somehow, but Amaranthe would be a fool to cross his path. Unfortunately, her superiors order her to hunt him down. Either they have an unprecedented belief in her skills... or someone wants her dead.

Imperial law enforcer Amaranthe Lokdon is good at her job: she can deter thieves and pacify thugs, if not with a blade, then by toppling an eight-foot pile of coffee canisters onto their heads. But when ravaged bodies show up on the waterfront, an arson covers up human sacrifices, and a powerful business coalition plots to kill the emperor, she feels a tad overwhelmed. Worse, Sicarius, the empire's most notorious assassin is in town. He's tied in with the chaos somehow, but Amaranthe would be a fool to cross his path. Unfortunately, her superiors order her to hunt him down. Either they have an unprecedented belief in her skills.. or someone wants her dead.… (more)

26 wanted1 pay1 pay

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 113,799,556 books! | Top bar: Always visible