Not Your Ordinary Faerie Tale (The Others,…
Member:SunnySD
Title:Not Your Ordinary Faerie Tale (The Others, Book 5 )
Authors:Christine Warren
Info:St. Martin's Paperbacks (2011), Edition: First Edition, Mass Market Paperback, 320 pages
Collections:Read but unowned
Rating:***1/2
Tags:fiction, paranormal romance, Fae, Faerie, intrigue, reporters, gates, New York

Not Your Ordinary Faerie Tale by Christine Warren

There is interesting play between the two main characters and good background on the rest of them. ( )
  mariahsidhe | May 12, 2016 |
Much better than the last book I tried where I ended up skim reading. I actually read all of this one. I had read a teaser in a previous book that I thought was for Ava, hopefully that is the next one planned in the series and finally the one previously teased in the back of a previous book. It looked really good! ( )
  pnwbookgirl | Feb 7, 2016 |
Quite frankly, I don't know why I finished this, it was so bad. I will never read another Christine Warren book again. The prose was was awkward -- not a smooth reading experience but that was not the worst. 50 percent of the book was made up of sex scenes. I don't mind a book with a few sex scenes, e.g., Nora Roberts, but here it takes the place of plot and characterization. I gave this book 1 1/2 stars instead of one because I did end up finishing it. About a third of the way through I was going to give up. Now I wish I had instead of wasting my reading time. I'm usually very careful about picking what I'm going to read. At least this was a library book and not one I purchased. ( )
  phyllis2779 | Jan 22, 2016 |
I swear 90% of this book was exposition. ( )
  Book_Minx | Jan 24, 2015 |
This is a re-write of one of the original stories from Ellora's Cave. The hero and heroine of this story are Lucifer "Luc" Macanaw and Corinne D'Alessandro. I am thinking that I like the older stories more than the newer ones. The characters didn't take so long to get together in the originals. Anyway I like the story mostly because it gives the reader a glimpse into the Summer Court of Faerie. I liked Luc, as I have with most of the male characters, he is all alpha male and caring mate at once. I liked the twist in the plot about who the bad guys was and how everyone came together to catch the crazy Other. There is a enough humor to keep the story from dragging and enough suspense to keep it from being to draggy. The overall story is a good addition to the paranormal genre and fans should enjoy it. ( )
  LadyIsis | Jan 18, 2013 |

After her two best friends marry a blood-sucking vampire and a furry-faced werewolf, a reporter vows no interspecies dating until she meets Luc, the captain of the Fae Queen's Guard, who needs her skills to locate some evil villains.

Tantor Media

An edition of this book was published by Tantor Media.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 109,187,216 books! | Top bar: Always visible