The Best One-Dish Suppers (The Best Recipes)

by Cook's Illustrated

A one-of-a-kind collection of one-dish suppers. Do you wish you could make dinners like a hearty, authentic Bolognese sauce and linguine or chicken pot pie with a fluffy biscuit topping, without hauling out an arsenal of pots and pans and spending hours in the kitchen? Let The Best One-Dish Suppers show you how. We already know how to make a perfect chicken pot pie, but could we make it in a single pot--biscuits included--and without taking all afternoon? Stir-fries are a great weeknight meal, and while we utilize the test kitchen's perfected skillet method, we also wanted a method that didn't require constant monitoring. So we put a sheet pan and the oven to work to come up with a nearly hands-off version.  With an appealing mix of family favorites and meals elegant enough for entertaining, The Best One-Dish Suppers will help you get dinner on the table without breaking a sweat.… (more)

Some of the dishes were overly fussy and complicated for my tastes but the tips were good as well as some of the recipes. ( )
  Half-elf28 | Jun 1, 2016 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 151,498,144 books! | Top bar: Always visible