The Little Red Pen by Janet Stevens

The Little Red Pen

by Janet Stevens, Susan Stevens Crummel

Wonderful book to teach personification, character traits, problem resolution, expression...honestly, if you put every one of our lesson focuses and every story element in a hat this book could be used to teach it - it even works when talking about how NOT to revise/edit!
  ekbrumley | Apr 30, 2014 |
I wanted to love this book as the illustrations were really neat. But it fell so flat for us. We didn't even finish it. My daughter warned as I brought it to her room...no not that one I looked at it in the car and it is no good. She was right. Kind of a dud - and I really hate to write that as I wanted to like this one. ( )
  dms02 | Feb 27, 2014 |
Cute. A little tricky to read, either to yourself or out loud. Though I really liked the stapler trying to correct the homework: "This whole paragraph is wrong! Bam bam bam bam bam bam!" ( )
  MelissaZD | Dec 31, 2013 |
I rounded up to 3 stars on this one because of the cool illustrations, and the fact that I have a "thing" for office supplies, especially pens. (I've been known to linger in the "pen" aisle longer than normal, whatever "normal" is. But red marks have a bad repution on school papers, and I had a hard time reconciling that as I read this book, targeted for children. ( )
  dukefan86 | May 29, 2013 |
The hidden life of school supplies. Colorful and entertaining. ( )
  Sullywriter | Apr 3, 2013 |

Stevens, Janetprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Crummel, Susan Stevensmain authorall editionsconfirmed

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 015206432X, Hardcover)

Poor Little Red Pen! She can't possibly correct a mountain of homework all by herself. Who will help her? "Not I!" says Stapler. "Not I!" says Eraser. "¡Yo no!" says Pushpin, AKA Señorita Chincheta. But when the Little Red Pen tumbles in exhaustion into the Pit of No Return (the trash!), her fellow school supplies must get themselves out of the desk drawer and work together to rescue her. Trouble is, their plan depends on Tank, the rotund class hamster, who's not inclined to cooperate. Will the Little Red Pen be lost forever?

There's no lack of trial and error, hilarious chaos, and creative problem-solving in this mission! Kids—and adults—will never see their school supplies in quite the same way again.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:44:08 -0400)

When a little red pen accidentally falls into the waste basket while trying to correct papers all by herself, the other classroom supplies must cooperate to rescue her.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,780,667 books! | Top bar: Always visible