Harmony's WayA Novel of Paranormal Passion…

Harmony's WayA Novel of Paranormal Passion (edition 2007)

by Lora Leigh (Author)

6311923,027 (3.87)2
Member:qotfuray1
Title:Harmony's WayA Novel of Paranormal Passion
Authors:Lora Leigh (Author)
Info:Penguin Putnam Inc (2007)

Harmony's Way by Lora Leigh

Even though I rated them the same, Harmony's Way was worse than Megan's Mark as far as the romance is concerned. I did not care about Lance and Harmony at all. I didn't get to know who Lance was and Harmony is supposed to be the best there is that she is nicknamed "Death", but once Lance steps into the picture, she becomes a meek, weak-willed woman who cries all the time. The sex scenes were so numerous and repetitive, that I just skimmed right through them. The only thing that kept my interest was the plot. I enjoy reading the politics of the breeds and what might happen with their future. I really hope the next few books get better or I may have to put this series to bed.
3.5 stars ( )
  mitabird | Jun 10, 2018 |
Harmony's Way
3.5 Stars

Synopsis:
Prior to her escape from the labs, Harmony Lancaster was breed as an assassin and trained to kill. Now on the outside, she seeks justice for the weak and innocent, which puts her in danger not only from racial purists but from Breed Law as well. To save her life, Harmony is placed in the care of Sheriff Lance Jacobs who can see the gentle and caring woman beneath the façade of a killer. Their new relationship is soon threatened on all fronts and Harmony and Lance will have to stand and fight in order for their love to survive.

Review:
The story has potential and the characters are likeable but the sex scenes tend to overshadow the plot.

Leigh seems to have reverted to the style of writing that characterizes the first books in the series in that the romance is hot but the mating is immediate and the relationship does not have enough time to build.

Lance was a great character in Megan’s Mark and definitely deserved his own book. That said, his characterization in Harmony’s Way is disappointing. Even though he is gorgeous and likeable, the overt dominance he displays is excessive. It is almost as if Leigh needs to prove that a purely human male can be as aggressive and protective of his mate as a breed male, and this is completely unnecessary. It is obvious that Lance is quite capable of standing his ground against whatever threat comes along without dominating Harmony in the process.

Harmony’s characterization is also problematic. At the beginning of the book, she is a completely independent woman and a ruthless killer but as the story progresses she seems to lose herself in the relationship with Lance and becomes weak and virtually helpless. While I appreciate a strong willed character learning to love and trust others, it was overdone here and I found it difficult to identify with her.

In terms of the plot, more information is provided about the possibility that the first lion breed, or Leo, has survived. However, this aspect of the storyline is not sufficiently developed. Moreover, there are too many potential threats to Harmony and once a villain is narrowed down, he turns out to be lackluster and does not constitute a real danger. There is no real build up of tension and suspense.

Despite my reservations about this book, I really enjoy the world that Leigh has constructed and I am interested in seeing what happens when Jonas meets his match down the road. Hopefully, the next book will be an improvement. ( )
  Lauren2013 | May 24, 2018 |
I really enjoyed this book and could not put it down. We learn more about the Breeds and how they came to be. It was none stop adventure and I was not sure if they would get their happily ever after ending. Harmony's Way gives readers a chance to consider what happens when a mate has to go on without their mate.

The heroine, Harmony jump out at me right off. From the beginning, she reveals a feminine side, yet she was trained to kill. What makes her different from the Genetic Council is she has better motives for killing. In Harmony's Way she must come to terms with her mating and all the new emotions it brings about. As well as her coming to terms with Death and Harmony.

The hero, Sheriff Lance Jacobs, was introduced in Megan's Mark, but he is revealed in Harmony's Way. I loved Lance and his dominant alpha side that comes out when he will do anything to protect what is his even learning to lissom to the wind. He is loyal, compassionate, and very dominant. He also does not take any nonsense from Jonah.

Jonah was a pice of work in this book. He is at his most manipulative. He is determined to save Harmony, find the leak at Santcuray, and also force the first Leo out of hiding. He thinks Dane is the first Leo, but boy is he in for a surprise in the future. Dane was almost as bad as Jonah. He cares for Harmony as well and was hopping for more, but that does not happen. ( )
  angels_gp | Apr 26, 2018 |
I really like this one. I liked seeing a breed female being the one to mate. I also liked that this particular female was pretty bad ass! I also liked the return of Lance and learning more about his character and his growth to trust the abilities he had inherited. I'm curious if we'll get to see Dane again and learn more about him. ( )
  MynTop | Apr 8, 2016 |
Another awesome read from Lora Leigh. ( )
  bookjunkie57 | Apr 17, 2015 |
Prologue

Harmony Lancaster flipped on the television as she pulled the damp towel from her hair.
Chapter 1

Broken Butte, New Mexico

Two weeks later

She was being watched.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0425213056, Mass Market Paperback)

The author of Megan's Mark continues her PURRfectly paranormal series.

Lora Leigh's series about genetically-altered humans with feline DNA is turning into a roaring success. When the Breeds desire the passions of the flesh, they can't help but get frisky.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:17:22 -0400)

Features genetically altered humans with feline DNA. When the Breeds desire the passions of the flesh, they can't help but get frisky.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,758,765 books! | Top bar: Always visible