The Day of the Storm | Another View |…

The Day of the Storm | Another View | Sleeping Tiger (1991)

by Rosamunde Pilcher

English (2)  Danish (1)  All languages (3)
Three books included in this collection: The Day of the Storm, Another View, and Sleeping Tiger. The first two feature artists in Cornwall, the other takes a slightly more exotic trip to San Antonio.

Enjoyable light reading - all novels are short, light romances, with very well-drawn and sympathetic characters. The main protagonists are all young women who have 'issues' with one or both of their parents.

Highly recommended.

I first read this towards the end of 1996; I had almost totally forgotten the contents of all three books by the time I re-read it in 2008, and the same applied when I re-read again in 2019. Looking forward to re-reading once more in another ten or eleven years... ( )
  SueinCyprus | May 4, 2019 |
A mediocre collection of stories. Or perhaps I should say, a collection of mediocre stories. Somewhat interesting, and maybe not bad for a lazy Sunday afternoon of reading, but nothing to write home about. ( )
  herebedragons | Feb 8, 2007 |
It all started on a Monday at the end of January.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,918,251 books! | Top bar: Always visible