Awake at Dawn by C. C. Hunter

Awake at Dawn

by C. C. Hunter

lkmuir | Dec 1, 2015 |
The Good: Kylie still doesn't know what she is, so that still annoys the hell out of me. But, she's getting there. She's dealt. She's accepted. Most of the time, she still has a ghost issue. She's figuring it all out and it's extremely interesting. I love her getting closer with Miranda and Della. They have a very authentic teen girls at camp getting becoming friends thing going on, with all the insecurity and vulnerability that goes with that. Add in the varied types of paranormal they are and they're different personalities and it makes for some great interactions.I had my suspicions about what was going on so I wasn't completely shocked, but it was a great experience regardless.

The Bad: At this point, the love triangle is unnecessary. Maybe it becomes important down the line, but right now it seems as though it's just one more thing distracting Kylie from figuring out what she is and what that means for her. ( )
  TequilaReader | Oct 29, 2015 |
Another great read, which I enjoyed very much!
Since I read the previous one so very long ago, and only remember the main plot, and nothing else, I think this book does a pretty good job at recapping what happened in Born at Midnight.

What I liked: Kylie started to deal with the many things in her life. Such as trying to form a stronger bond with her mother, confronting her stepdad, trying to contact her real father's parents, and what to do with Derek and Lucas. I also enjoyed reading about the many changes she underwent. They were like little puzzle pieces, and now, I'm left trying to figure out what kind of supernatural she is. I'm pretty sure it's going to be something amazing, since she's developed a certain trait from most of the supernaturals. Another thing I liked was the ending. Although it didn't wrap up the story perfectly, and it left off at an important part (I think),I liked the way it ended. It left me with just a bit of a cliffhanger enough to piqued my curiosity, and had me wondering what would happen next, but not so big, that I would go insane if I didn't find out what happens next within a day...which is good...very good.

What I disliked: the love triangle...I really, really hated this stupid, stupid love triangle. GRRR...I really want Kylie to end up with Derek. Really. But I think I'd feel bad for Lucas, and, I don't think that's going to happen, especially considering how the story ended. I think I'm going to be very disappointed. So I'm preparing myself to really look at both guys, and assure myself that whoever she ends up with, will be for the best. I wish I could tell the author to choose Derek at the end, but I know all the books are out already, so...fingers crossed I'll be ready to accept who she chooses when the time comes.
Anyway, great book, and I hope I will be reading the next one soon. ( )
  elizabeth1929 | Oct 6, 2015 |
This is the continuing story of Kylie and her friends at camp. Kylie is learning that she has more powers than one. She is becoming the freak at camp. No one knows exactly what she is, and she feels like she will never find out exactly what she is. ( )
  wearylibrarian | Jun 12, 2015 |
it was good, better than the first actually
the character were well developed mostly kylie who was less judgmental
but the story is still dragging around the same thing "what am I?" and it's annoying at some parts of the story,I'm a little bit patient but i don't think i can take it anymore so i hope the next book would give me a straight answer... ( )
  Leila.Khouane | Dec 30, 2014 |
"You have to stop it, Kylie. You have to. Or this will happen to someone you love."

Having settled in at Shadow Falls Camp, a training ground for vampires, werewolves, and other supernatural beings, sixteen-year-old Kylie Galen is eager to discover what her abilities might be, but an interfering ghost and a rogue vampire on a murdering rampage get in the way of her search.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,249,080 books! | Top bar: Always visible