Shadowfolds: Surprisingly Easy-to-Make…

Shadowfolds: Surprisingly Easy-to-Make Geometric Designs in Fabric (edition 2011)

by Jeffrey Rutzky, Chris K. Palmer

Member:Corspeech
Title:Shadowfolds: Surprisingly Easy-to-Make Geometric Designs in Fabric
Authors:Jeffrey Rutzky
Other authors:Chris K. Palmer
Info:Kodansha USA (2011), Edition: 1st, Hardcover, 128 pages

Shadowfolds: Surprisingly Easy-to-Make Geometric Designs in Fabric by Jeffrey Rutzky

This book is eye candy for paper folders. I bought it used mainly because I saw those folds in fabric. I have in my stash 10 yards of super-fine super-stiff cotton organdy that folds like paper. The fabric was really inexpensive when I bought it on Ebay years ago. Now it costs as much as silk, soooooo, as soon as I get up my nerve I'm going to try these crazy folds. ( )
  k2togger | Feb 3, 2015 |
The techniques in this book are really cool and the photographs are beautiful, but I highly doubt I'll ever attempt any of these projects. This type of origami isn't really my style. I'm glad I got this one from the library. ( )
  agirlnamedfury | Mar 30, 2013 |

Shadowfoldsare a rich blend of traditional patterns expressed in a contemporary style. This combination of old and new evokes timelessness associated with tradition, and the sense of exciting innovation so prevalent in our time. Shadowfolds are made from cloth, and lend a soft and warm appeal, that is a sharp contrast to other materials typically seen in these geometric designs. Cultures throughout history use patterns in architecture and craft. Some of the best examples of repeating patterns, also known as tessellations, are found in mosques and palaces built in the Middle East.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,848,795 books! | Top bar: Always visible