Born of Silence by Sherrilyn Kenyon

Born of Silence

by Sherrilyn Kenyon

Series: League (6)

Darling is the most tortured, most gentle assassins out there, also the most laughed at and a most disrespected man. Thanks to an awful life with a terribly cruel nasty guardian and family. Really things are beyond bad for this man, it is very hard to read in parts. Get the tissue box out and hold it ready. His friends are some of the most powerful and dangerous out there, they have been his only base to sanity for so long. Unfortunately, things are going to get worse than ever and they may not be enough to keep him sane anymore. Even the woman he thinks he loves may not be the one she thinks she is.
Dark, gritty and filled with torture, lies, and anger. This is not a light read, nor a pretty one. There is a very sweet romantic hope in it. If you have read The League books you have to read this one. Not a great narrator. ( )
  TheYodamom | Jan 29, 2016 |
Darling, Darling, Darling...... a truely amazing human being. 4.5 Stars

Read With Me: Born of Silence
  bookjunkie57 | Apr 17, 2015 |
Darling, Darling, Darling...... a truly amazing human being. 4.5 Stars ( )
  bookjunkie57 | Jul 28, 2014 |
I can't believe I didn't read this book until now. I decided to give this book a try and wow Sherrilyn Kenyon makes it work. She makes it believable why Darling had to pretend to be gay or that how big of a heart Darling really is. I didn't think it could work because I had this image in my head from Darling in prior books but it did. The heroine Zarya compliment Darling so well too, I went from being pissed off at her to forgiving her as the book progress. Lets just say a lot of bad things happened to him yet he still able to love and forgive Zarya. She also makes it believable how Zarya atones for her mistakes and all in all I would say Born of Silence is a great book and right up there for me with Born of Night (my favorite)

It's been a while since I was interested in The League series but after reading this book I'm eagerly awaiting her new one coming out soon and it'll be on Hauk :D ( )
  thtlam | Jun 22, 2014 |

Review available soon at www.theibookemporium.com ( )
  TheiBookEmporium | May 21, 2014 |
For my friends who keep me sane in the midst of utter insanity, and to all of those intrepid warriors who don't live their lives by the standards of others. (con't in book)
PROLOGUE

"You have got to be the biggest manwhore in the entire universe. What are you trying to do? Tie Caillen for the record on how many people you can sleep with in a single month? And just so you know, his is twenty-two."

There's an intruder here . . . [sic.]

Vowing to destroy his father's killer while outmaneuvering alter ego Kere, Darling Cruel, a dictator member of an elite ruling family, is shattered when Resistance leader Zarya, his most trusted ally, turns a specially designed weapon against Darling's family in her effort to rekindle his humanity.… (more)

294 wanted2 pay5 pay

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 106,868,898 books! | Top bar: Always visible