Born of Silence by Sherrilyn Kenyon

Born of Silence

by Sherrilyn Kenyon

153None80,569 (4.23)1

Picked this up while waiting for my daughter and hubby to finish up their shopping. Sat down and dropped yet again into the world of the League. The highs, the lows, the good, the bad and the truly evil. Sherrilyn Kenyon continues to make me want to read her work. With every book I am drawn in and usually don't come up for air till I have turned the final page. I took a whole day off of my own writing to swim in the joy of her work I have. Can't wait till I can get the next one! ( )
  suteko | Mar 31, 2014 |
Now while this isn't an easy read I found it a compelling read, I wanted Darling to succeed, I wanted him to survive and I wanted him to be less broken. It kept me up way past my bedtime wanting things to improve and Sherrilyn kept adding horror to his life. Zarya is an interesting character as well and you could see how the relationship was useful and how the both of them needed each other and were willing to do hard things to save each other.

It's not an easy read, there were moments that things didn't flow as well as they might and there were a lot of characters involved, but still I liked it a lot and enjoyed the read. Things got a bit over the top occasionally but overall it was interesting and kept me reading and wanting more. ( )
  wyvernfriend | Mar 7, 2014 |
4 1/2 stars, I bumped up for keeping my interest through 600 pages.

She does sometime drone on about worries about how the other person feels but it wasn't as bad in this one and the storyline pulls you one way and then the other. Your emotions are definitely tapped to high then low and back again. You feel for both of the characters though sometimes I felt Zarya didn't see the big picture. Darling is too quick to forgive but that is what makes him who he is. He takes up for everyone, taking care of everyone, and they all kick him when he is down. I think I loved his family more than any other of the series so far. Actually this was the best book of the series as this series is only so good, not an A series, but this on was.

Damn she likes to torture her characters, it was a little too much in this one but... at least she didn't "fix" him right as rain. Maris's total devotion to Dar was so touching but sad in so many ways. I'm glad she gave him a happy ending and has a book coming to tell the story.

Very good read that I put off because the series wasn't compelling me. Now I can't wait for the next. ( )
  tivonut | Jul 25, 2013 |
I think The League series is my favorite series by Sherrilyn Kenyon! I love the intergalactic problems, the League, the Sentinella, the characters, the strong women... And Born of Silence kept me awake at night thinking about it, it touched me on a very deep level, and it was beautifully written!

Full review can be found on my blog (un)Conventional Bookviews.

The League series is always filled with surprises, amazing fights and a real love story. Born of Silence follows the other books in the series, and the characters from all the other books are present in this volume, to my great delight.

Lexxie | Apr 23, 2013 |
Darling Cruel is, of course, not gay. But that small detail, along with the fact that he's the fifth Sentella member, Kere, is a deep, dark secret.

Darling is at long last almost of age, and he's found a loophole in the laws that have kept him from overthrowing his evil usurper uncle. Unfortunately, before he can put his plan into action, the Resistance attacks, kills his sister and takes him prisoner and tortures him... cruelly. And the love of his life, Zarya, is the head of the Resistance, but of course she has no idea who he is, because they've only made love in the dark. So he's shackled to the wall being raped, and she's in the office right next door desperately seeking the missing Kere...

And the convoluted plot is off and running. 614 pages later it all ends with the expected HEA, but the course of true love never runs smooth and there's plenty of bloodshed, mayhem, explosions and make-up sex to be experienced first. All I can say is I'd sure hate to find myself one of Kenyon's heroes - or heroines. They don't lead easy lives. ( )
  SunnySD | Jan 8, 2013 |
PROLOGUE

"You have got to be the biggest manwhore in the entire universe. What are you trying to do? Tie Caillen for the record on how many people you can sleep with in a single month? And just so you know, his is twenty-two."

There's an intruder here . . . [sic.]

Vowing to destroy his father's killer while outmaneuvering alter ego Kere, Darling Cruel, a dictator member of an elite ruling family, is shattered when Resistance leader Zarya, his most trusted ally, turns a specially designed weapon against Darling's family in her effort to rekindle his humanity.… (more)

352 wanted2 pay4 pay

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,474,386 books! | Top bar: Always visible