Born of Silence by Sherrilyn Kenyon

Born of Silence

by Sherrilyn Kenyon

I can't believe I didn't read this book until now. I decided to give this book a try and wow Sherrilyn Kenyon makes it work. She makes it believable why Darling had to pretend to be gay or that how big of a heart Darling really is. I didn't think it could work because I had this image in my head from Darling in prior books but it did. The heroine Zarya compliment Darling so well too, I went from being pissed off at her to forgiving her as the book progress. Lets just say a lot of bad things happened to him yet he still able to love and forgive Zarya. She also makes it believable how Zarya atones for her mistakes and all in all I would say Born of Silence is a great book and right up there for me with Born of Night (my favorite)

It's been a while since I was interested in The League series but after reading this book I'm eagerly awaiting her new one coming out soon and it'll be on Hauk :D ( )
  thtlam | Jun 22, 2014 |

Review available soon at www.theibookemporium.com ( )
  TheiBookEmporium | May 21, 2014 |
Picked this up while waiting for my daughter and hubby to finish up their shopping. Sat down and dropped yet again into the world of the League. The highs, the lows, the good, the bad and the truly evil. Sherrilyn Kenyon continues to make me want to read her work. With every book I am drawn in and usually don't come up for air till I have turned the final page. I took a whole day off of my own writing to swim in the joy of her work I have. Can't wait till I can get the next one! ( )
  suteko | Mar 31, 2014 |
Now while this isn't an easy read I found it a compelling read, I wanted Darling to succeed, I wanted him to survive and I wanted him to be less broken. It kept me up way past my bedtime wanting things to improve and Sherrilyn kept adding horror to his life. Zarya is an interesting character as well and you could see how the relationship was useful and how the both of them needed each other and were willing to do hard things to save each other.

It's not an easy read, there were moments that things didn't flow as well as they might and there were a lot of characters involved, but still I liked it a lot and enjoyed the read. Things got a bit over the top occasionally but overall it was interesting and kept me reading and wanting more. ( )
  wyvernfriend | Mar 7, 2014 |
4 1/2 stars, I bumped up for keeping my interest through 600 pages.

She does sometime drone on about worries about how the other person feels but it wasn't as bad in this one and the storyline pulls you one way and then the other. Your emotions are definitely tapped to high then low and back again. You feel for both of the characters though sometimes I felt Zarya didn't see the big picture. Darling is too quick to forgive but that is what makes him who he is. He takes up for everyone, taking care of everyone, and they all kick him when he is down. I think I loved his family more than any other of the series so far. Actually this was the best book of the series as this series is only so good, not an A series, but this on was.

Damn she likes to torture her characters, it was a little too much in this one but... at least she didn't "fix" him right as rain. Maris's total devotion to Dar was so touching but sad in so many ways. I'm glad she gave him a happy ending and has a book coming to tell the story.

Very good read that I put off because the series wasn't compelling me. Now I can't wait for the next. ( )
  tivonut | Jul 25, 2013 |
PROLOGUE

"You have got to be the biggest manwhore in the entire universe. What are you trying to do? Tie Caillen for the record on how many people you can sleep with in a single month? And just so you know, his is twenty-two."

There's an intruder here . . . [sic.]

Vowing to destroy his father's killer while outmaneuvering alter ego Kere, Darling Cruel, a dictator member of an elite ruling family, is shattered when Resistance leader Zarya, his most trusted ally, turns a specially designed weapon against Darling's family in her effort to rekindle his humanity.… (more)

352 wanted2 pay4 pay

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,626,092 books! | Top bar: Always visible