Wounded Earth by Mary Anna Evans

Wounded Earth (edition 2011)

by Mary Anna Evans

Member:Scoshie
Title:Wounded Earth
Authors:Mary Anna Evans
Info:CreateSpace (2011), Paperback, 298 pages
Tags:Terrorism, Government Coverups, Thriller, Rape, Murder, Assault

Wounded Earth by Mary Anna Evans

Laurabeth, the main character, is terrorized by a man called Babykiller - a man who doesn't care what it takes to get his point across. He is a rich man who is dying, so there really is nothing that can scare or stop him. How can one fight such a person?

An excellent and well written thriller that will have you guessing all the way until the end. Mary Anna Evens is one author that I'm looking forward to seeing more from in the future! ( )
  tweezle | Jul 1, 2011 |
Wow not a bad read at all. Dr Larabeth McLeod, head and owner of a hazerdous clean up company, whose life has not been at all easy on the ladder of succes starts to receive calls from mysterious maniac from her past and then causes major disasters to occur. Good plot nice characters with a nicely minor romance that does not get in the way of decent story telling, Good Job
Well Worth the Price ( )
  Scoshie | May 28, 2011 |
Mary Anna Evans has created a masterful tale of environmentalism vs. maniacal insanity. This story is gripping and will keep you from getting anything else done until you read the last page.

The characters are so realistic. They each have so many aspects to them. For instance, Babykiller is so insanely evil yet has a quaint charm to him. So you actually like this crazy man but yet you don’t. Larabeth is strong, smart, but extremely prideful.

This was a really great book. And I will definitely be keeping an eye on this author.

In conjunction with the Wakela's World Disclosure Statement, I received a product in order to enable my review. No other compensation has been received. My statements are an honest account of my experience with the brand. The opinions stated here are mine alone. ( )
  wakela | Apr 21, 2011 |
Initially I was really drawn into this story but as it went, I found myself losing interest. I didn't think the characters and their relationships to one another were developed well enough. There were frequent little snippets of past shared histories but not enough information to really feel like I could understand the dynamics of their relationships, particularly with 2 of the main characters, J.D. & Larabeth. The implication was that they had quite a shared history & were intimately drawn/attracted to one another, but insufficient depth to detail to make this reader "feel" their connection. I also felt like the plot was fraught with implausibilities that I just couldn't get past.
  montanagal55 | Apr 18, 2011 |
Its mor happe scary of a book when you think about what isening in Japan right now. The story is good and suspenseful. Larabeth who is ceo of her own company who gave up her daughter when she was teenager. J.D. PI who owns his business used to track down and reports on Cynthia even prom pictures. Babykiller is the bad guy behind everything. killings, kidnapping, nuclear plant problems harassing and stalking. FBI agent the new recruit and a tratior. you dont want to put the book down till you are done with it. I enjoyed it. ( )
  rhonda1111 | Apr 17, 2011 |

Mary Anna Evans is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,490,055 books! | Top bar: Always visible