Check out the Pride Celebration Treasure Hunt!

The Sea-Wolf and Selected Stories: 100th…

The Sea-Wolf and Selected Stories: 100th Anniversary Edition

by Jack London

The Sea-Wolf is not one of Londons best novels. It deals with the effective shanghai-ing of a
rather dweebish young middle-class man and an equally middle-class young lady by the evil
Larsen, and their subsequent adventures together. Eventually, of course, good triumphs over
evil (and the course of true love runs smoothly).

Apart from The Sea-Wolf, this volume includes The Law of LIfe, The One Thousand Dozen,
All Gold Canyonand Moon-face.

Available as a free audiobook at https://librivox.org/ ( )
  captbirdseye | Feb 20, 2014 |
In 8th grade we were given a list of classics, told to choose one and read it. I picked this one and was so glad I did. This is a great sea-adventure story and I've since read it again. ( )
  woodge | Nov 20, 2009 |
Really great read, a exciting trip across the North Pacific. ( )
  charlie68 | Jun 4, 2009 |
A wonderful exciting book...romantic and dreadful both in parts, great character development....quite different at the end of the book than they start at the beginning. ( )
  schmidpe | Aug 21, 2008 |
I was impressed. I expected an engaging story with some element of struggle. But this work, published originally in 1904, adds philosophical insight and a concise demonstration of literary techniques. The character's basis in London's own biography as a writer is interesting. I was originally drawn to this book upon having read about it while on the ferry to San Francisco. ( )
  jpsnow | Apr 11, 2008 |
I scarcely know where to begin, though I sometimes facetiously place the cause of it all to Charley Furuseth's credit.

Collects these stories
"The Sea-Wolf"
"The Law of Life"
"The One Thousand Dozen"
"All Gold Canyon"
"Moon-Face"

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0451529367, Mass Market Paperback)

This 100th Anniversary Edition presents the timeless tale of Humphrey Van Weyden, pressed into service aboard the seal-hunting Ghost, led by the brutal, enigmatic captain Wolf Larsen. This volume also includes four of London's acclaimed short stories.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:10:35 -0400)

An epic of action-filled excitement. Rescued from drowning, a pampered gentleman awakes in a special kind of hell. He's aboard the Ghost, a sealing schooner outbound for months of hunting. Wolf Larson, the devilish captain, a fiendish crew, the cruel sea, and unlikely love make this tale immortal.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,474,665 books! | Top bar: Always visible