Arrr! (Celebrate International Talk Like a Pirate Day)

Au Revoir, Crazy European Chick by Joe…

Au Revoir, Crazy European Chick (edition 2011)

by Joe Schreiber

Member:StefanieGeeks
Title:Au Revoir, Crazy European Chick
Authors:Joe Schreiber
Info:Houghton Mifflin Books for Children (2011), Edition: 1, Hardcover, 192 pages
Collections:Read but unowned
Rating:****1/2
Tags:audiobooks, young adult, spies

Au Revoir, Crazy European Chick by Joe Schreiber

Picked this up at the Book Expo. I think my enjoyment may have been hampered by not being a 15 year old boy. Was still decent fun, and definitely zany. ( )
  ewillse | Mar 23, 2014 |
  PatienceFortitude | Mar 6, 2014 |
When I first heard the name, I thought it was going to be one of those terrible teen fictions *cough,cough* Twilight *cough,cough*. But for some reason I picked it up from my local library anyway. But my thoughts couldn't have been more wrong! This book was full of action, chase scenes, mobsters, the list goes on and on! This would be an AMAZING movie, if produced correctly.

I won't tell too much about the story but it's about a foreign exchange student named Gobi, or Gobija Zakusaus(I think that's how you spell it) coming to live with senior named Perry. A week before she has to fly home is prom, and SHE asks Perry to go with her. Prom night comes and it turns out she's a paid assassin(at least that's what you're supposed to think *wink,wink*)

At the beginning of each chapter is a question or quote from a famous collage, which made me ponder a bit. Just amazing. The only reason I didn't give it a full five stars is because of the terrible name. I felt embarrassed to read it at school it's that bad. ( )
  13mushrooms | Oct 5, 2013 |
Prologue: Describe a significant experience or achievement and the effect that it had on you. (Harvard)

"You shot me," I said.
Chapter 1: Explain how your experiences as a teenager significantly differ from those of your friends. Include comparisons. (University of Puget Sound)

Gobi was my mom's idea.

Ferris Bueller meets La Femme Nikita in this funny, action-packed young adult novel.

It’s prom night—and Perry just wants to stick to his own plan and finally play a muchanticipated
gig with his band in the Big Apple. But when his mother makes him take Gobija Zaksauskas—their quiet, geeky Lithuanian exchange student—to the prom, he never expects that his ordinary high school guy life will soon turn on its head. Perry finds that Gobi is on a mission, and Perry has no other choice but to go along for a reckless ride through Manhattan’s concrete grid with a trained assassin in Dad’s red Jag.
Infused with capers, car chases, heists, hits, henchmen, and even a bear fight, this story mixes romance, comedy, and tragedy in a true teen coming-of-age adventure—and it’s not over until it’s “au revoir.”

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:34:15 -0400)

Perry's parents insist that he take Gobi, their quiet, Lithuanian exchange student, to senior prom but after an incident at the dance he learns that Gobi is actually a trained assassin who needs him as a henchman, behind the wheel of his father's precious Jaguar, on a mission in Manhattan.… (more)

18 wanted3 pay3 pay

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,706,405 books! | Top bar: Always visible