Beautiful Chaos by Kami Garcia

One hell of a cliff hanger... and i'm really interested in what's going to happen in the next book. ( )
  RozzieReads | Jun 5, 2018 |
I am in love with Ridley in this. She and Lincoln are my OTC pairing for this series. I also find myself growing addicted to the shadowing songs. ( )
  benuathanasia | May 12, 2018 |
This is the best book in the series this far! ( )
  KWadyko | Mar 5, 2018 |
It took me awhile to get through this book, but it definitely was worth the time...it left me in tears. It is filled with twists and turns that were very much unexpected. ( )
  shannon.dolgos | Sep 5, 2017 |
Ethan hated Gatlin, he thought it was boring and wanted out so badly. Now Ethan wishes for the Gatlin he knows to return. The Mortal and Caster Worlds are seeping into each other and making life miserable for both Mortal and Caster alike. Life in Gatlin is like the end of days, the things that are happening are making Mrs. Lincoln seem like a prophet.

Things can't seem to get better for Ethan, in fact things are getting worse. When you can't even remember which hand you write with, or are being chased by an unknown figure; how can you have a normal life with the girlfriend you can't touch without losing your breath?

Ethan being the wayward has to find the solution to create a new order after Lena broke the last one when she split her seventeenth moon. Ethan, with the help of his Caster, Keeper, ex-Keeper, Incubus, Seer, and Linkubus, friends work together to bring order back to the mortal and caster worlds and the adventure and action began.

I really love this series and continue to be amazed by the story and settings. I'm mesmerized by the fantastical backdrops, whether creepy sounding or magically beautiful. The crazy but lovable sisters are still making me laugh. I wonder if I could find a Gatlin Scrabble Dictionary in the library? LOL. There was also sadness in this installment of the Caster Chronicles, with more visions, death, and sacrifices.

Ethan is a very calming protagonist to hear from, I really do enjoy hearing his voice and feel very peaceful and not wanting to tear my hair out listening to his musings and I know a lot about the folks of Gatlin through his eyes. Can't wait to see how his and the rest of the Gatliners story ends.

Trust me, there is so, so, so, much more happening in Beautiful Chaos than you can imagine. ( )
  GigisIrieReads | Oct 22, 2016 |

Kami Garciaprimary authorall editionscalculated
Stohl, Margaretmain authorall editionsconfirmed
Tumult and peace, the darkness and the light -
Were all like workings of one mind, the features
Of the same face, blossoms upon one tree;
Characters of the great Apocalypse,
The types and symbols of Eternity,
Of first, and last, and midst, and without end.

- William Wordsworth, The Prelude: Book Sixth
For our mothers
Susan Racca, who raises baby squirrels and feeds them with an eyedropper,
&
Marilyn Ross Stohl, who could drive a tractor before she could drive a car.
They are true Gatlin Peaches.
In Gatlin, it's funny how the good things are all tied up with the bad.

Ethan Wate thought he was getting used to the strange, impossible events happening in Gatlin, his small Southern town. But now that Ethan and Lena have returned home, strange and impossible have taken on new meanings. Swarms of locusts, record-breaking heat, and devastating storms ravage Gatlin as Ethan and Lena struggle to understand the impact of Lena's Claiming. Even Lena's family of powerful Supernaturals is affected - and their abilities begin to dangerously misfire. As time passes, one question becomes clear: What - or who - will need to be sacrificed to save Gatlin?

For Ethan, the chaos is a frightening but welcome distraction. He's being haunted in his dreams again, but this time it isn't by Lena - and whatever is haunting him is following him out of his dreams and into his everyday life. Even worse, Ethan is gradually losing pieces of himself - forgetting names, phone numbers, even memories. He doesn't know why, and most days he's too afraid to ask.

Sometimes there isn't just one answer or one choice. Sometimes there's no going back. And this time there won't be a happy ending.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:13:52 -0400)

Swarms of locusts, record-breaking heat, and devastating storms ravage Gatlin as Ethan and Lena struggle to understand and control the impact of Lena's claiming, which is even causing her family members' abilities to dangerously misfire.

Kami Garcia is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,111,180 books! | Top bar: Always visible