A Trick of the Light (Chief Inspector…

A Trick of the Light (Chief Inspector Gamache, Book 7) (edition 2012)

by Louise Penny

Title:A Trick of the Light (Chief Inspector Gamache, Book 7)
Authors:Louise Penny
Info:Minotaur Books (2012), Paperback, 368 pages
Tags:fiction, Canadian, 21st century, mystery, art, read 2013

A Trick of the Light by Louise Penny

The Inspector Gamache series is my Go To series when I want to read something that will entertaining and captivating enough to distract me when life gets busy. I love the characters and if the hamlet of Three Pines really existed, I would go there in a heartbeat. Definitely one of the best literary mystery series around. ( )
  jmoncton | Aug 7, 2016 |
It was good like the other, but not as good. I found out it was predictable a little and I knew fast where it was headed.
Not everybook in a series will be as amazing as the previous one, so I'll keep reading the rest! ( )
  ct.bergeron | Jul 17, 2016 |
Another great entry in this series. If I go beyond this it will just be spoilers.... ( )
  rlsalvati | Jul 5, 2016 |
This was an ok read. The author has a flowing writing style but honestly I didn't really care about any of the characters. If the author would have gone a bit deeper in revealing her characters, I may have found it more interesting. ( )
  janismack | Jul 4, 2016 |
The book begins on the evening of Clara's solo art show at a famous Museum in Montreal. After the show, some invited guests, including Chief Inspector Gamache and Jean Guy Beauvoir, go to Three Pines for a smaller celebration. A murder occurs sometime during the late night or early morning. The victim turns out to be someone Clara had been friends with many years ago. Louise Penny has a deft hand that captures the light and darkness of the human heart -neither better nor worse than who we all are. ( )
  Carol420 | May 31, 2016 |
In her sly fashion, Penny has given us fair warning not to trust the antics of Three Pines’ eccentric residents and colorful visitors. Behind each volatile outburst of marital discord and professional envy lies some deeper truth involving the betrayal of trust and the need for atonement and forgiveness. With his sensitivity to the dark side of human nature, Gamache is not one to be distracted by the comical antics...
added by y2pk | editNew York Times, Marilyn Stasio (Sep 16, 2011)
For Sharon, Margaret, Louise and all the wonderful women
who helped me find a quiet place in the bright sunshine
Oh, no, no, no, thought Clara Morrow as she walked toward the closed doors.

In the green depths of spring, morning breaks on a woman splayed in a bed of flowers - her eyes wide, her neck broken.

Her death is a mystery; so is the woman herself. But, as Chief Inspector Armand Gamache and his team peer into the dark corners of the victim's past, they expose a secret that rots at the very heart of their community - a secret that will implicate someone they've trusted for years. And as Gamache knows too well, in the flickering shadows of death, the truth may be just a trick of the light.

Investigating a murder at a solo artist's Quebec village home, Chief Inspector Gamache and his team encounter deceptive nuances in the art world that distort every clue they find with tales of duality and broken hearts.

139 wanted4 pay4 pay

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 109,793,078 books! | Top bar: Always visible