A Trick of the Light (Chief Inspector…

A Trick of the Light (Chief Inspector Gamache, Book 7) (edition 2012)

by Louise Penny

Member:Jim53
Title:A Trick of the Light (Chief Inspector Gamache, Book 7)
Authors:Louise Penny
Info:Minotaur Books (2012), Paperback, 368 pages
Rating:****1/2
Tags:fiction, Canadian, 21st century, mystery, art, read 2013

A Trick of the Light by Louise Penny

Recently added byprivate library, quillmenow, sshutchens, ArjayE, Kakiyama, BookBarmy, KyCharlie

English (85)  Spanish (1)  All (86)
I often deliberately read Mysteries set in another culture, both for enjoyment and for a glimpse into the culture. This is a French Canadian setting with a Chief Inspector who has been criticized by his colleagues for being "too nice." That seems to me to indicate one view of the French Canadian culture. I enjoyed this one and will likely read one or two more in the series. ( )
  KyCharlie | Apr 3, 2017 |
I won't go into a plot summary, as this is the 7th book in the series and what can I say other than I love them. Quality writing and characterization. Each book is a delight, especially the audio version. ( )
  janb37 | Feb 13, 2017 |
The Inspector Gamache series is my Go To series when I want to read something that will entertaining and captivating enough to distract me when life gets busy. I love the characters and if the hamlet of Three Pines really existed, I would go there in a heartbeat. Definitely one of the best literary mystery series around. ( )
  jmoncton | Aug 7, 2016 |
It was good like the other, but not as good. I found out it was predictable a little and I knew fast where it was headed.
Not everybook in a series will be as amazing as the previous one, so I'll keep reading the rest! ( )
  ct.bergeron | Jul 17, 2016 |
Another great entry in this series. If I go beyond this it will just be spoilers.... ( )
  rlsalvati | Jul 5, 2016 |
In her sly fashion, Penny has given us fair warning not to trust the antics of Three Pines’ eccentric residents and colorful visitors. Behind each volatile outburst of marital discord and professional envy lies some deeper truth involving the betrayal of trust and the need for atonement and forgiveness. With his sensitivity to the dark side of human nature, Gamache is not one to be distracted by the comical antics...
added by y2pk | editNew York Times, Marilyn Stasio (Sep 16, 2011)

For Sharon, Margaret, Louise and all the wonderful women
who helped me find a quiet place in the bright sunshine
Oh, no, no, no, thought Clara Morrow as she walked toward the closed doors.

In the green depths of spring, morning breaks on a woman splayed in a bed of flowers - her eyes wide, her neck broken.

Her death is a mystery; so is the woman herself. But, as Chief Inspector Armand Gamache and his team peer into the dark corners of the victim's past, they expose a secret that rots at the very heart of their community - a secret that will implicate someone they've trusted for years. And as Gamache knows too well, in the flickering shadows of death, the truth may be just a trick of the light.

Investigating a murder at a solo artist's Quebec village home, Chief Inspector Gamache and his team encounter deceptive nuances in the art world that distort every clue they find with tales of duality and broken hearts.

139 wanted4 pay5 pay

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 113,761,187 books! | Top bar: Always visible