The Last Unicorn by Peter S. Beagle

The Last Unicorn (edition 2011)

by Peter S. Beagle, Peter Gillis, Ray Dillon, Renae DeLiz

Member:evilmoose
Title:The Last Unicorn
Authors:Peter S. Beagle
Other authors:Peter Gillis, Ray Dillon, Renae DeLiz
Info:Idea & Design Works Llc (2011), Edition: First Edition Thus, Hardcover, 152 pages
Collections:Read but unowned
Rating:***
Tags:read in 2012

The Last Unicorn: Graphic Novel by Peter S. Beagle

pretty!!! ( )
  sraedi | Aug 24, 2014 |
While I absolutely loved the artwork, I found both the plot and dialog of the book to be incredibly confusing. I am wondering if people who have read the book or seen the movie might be able to make better sense out of what is actually going on. ( )
  LouisVillains | Feb 7, 2014 |
A rather perfect and beautiful adaptation that I read in the Comics as they got released, once a month. It made me read the original book (by Peter S. Beagle) and see the movie, during 2010. ( )
  classicmaiden | Jul 8, 2013 |
I thought the story was confusing. Perhaps i should read the novel next for clarity.

The art was beautiful. I loved the red bull!

A minor quibble: I did think the unicorn's head was too small. ( )
  leesalogic | May 10, 2013 |
As a child, I greatly adored horses and, even more, their mythological counterparts, pegasi and unicorns. It should come as no surprise then that one of my favorite movies as a child was The Last Unicorn. It is very much one of those kid's movies that you either watched as a child and will thus adore forever, but, if watched for the first time in adulthood, definitely comes off as incredibly creepy. I can totally see why others don't like it, but it will forever hold a dear place in my heart.

For the most part, this graphic novel version of the story covers the same ground as the film. The look of the characters very clearly was inspired by the film version as well. The small additions to the plot in some places, and the subtractions (like the tree that freaked people out the most in the movie), made me even more curious to read the original novel. That is definitely a thing I need to do someday.

The graphic novel is definitely pretty and oh so colorful. However, its brevity means that a few things have to be cut. Much of the trimming took place in the latter half of the tale, making it rather confusing and, did I not know the story, I likely would have been confused by much of the time spent in King Haggard's castle. ( )
  A_Reader_of_Fictions | Apr 1, 2013 |
The unicorn lived in a lilac wood, and she lived all alone.
This is a graphic novel adaptation of the novel, The Last Unicorn. While they share the same name and primary author, they should not be combined.

Presents a graphic novel adaptation of the famous novel, in which a unicorn, alone in an enchanted wood, discovers she might be the last of her kind and sets out on a journey to find others like her.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,710,255 books! | Top bar: Always visible