Deadly Cool by Gemma Halliday

Deadly Cool (edition 2011)

by Gemma Halliday

Member:Bookswithbite
Title:Deadly Cool
Authors:Gemma Halliday
Info:HarperTeen (2011), Paperback, 320 pages

Deadly Cool by Gemma Halliday

I've definitely come to appreciate a strong, independent woman, and the main character in this is fantastic. It has sprinkles of romance, but is mostly mystery with a strong and unique voice with the main character, Hartley. The friendship between Hartley and Sam is legit and well-developed, and the romantic parts were realistic and their build up makes you appreciate the relationship more. I highly recommend this novel! ( )
  uhohxkate | Jan 31, 2016 |
One big cliché factory. Spare yourself. ( )
  valorrmac | Aug 19, 2015 |
A murder mystery has never been so much fun. I know, "murder" and "fun" should never be used in the same sentence but what the hell.

Light-hearted and funny. A great way to pass the time. ( )
  Cynical_Ames | Sep 23, 2014 |
This book is hilarious! The main character, Hartley, is incredibly witty and I found myself laughing out loud many times throughout the book. Deadly Cool begins with Hartley learning that her boyfriend Josh is cheating on her with the president of the Chasity Club. When she goes to confront Josh at his home he isn't at home but unfortunately the lifeless body of the Chasity Club president is in his closet. Hartley's already bad day has been downgraded to horrible. Although, Hartley is understandably furious at Josh she agrees to help him find out who really killed Courtney. I loved the book and thought it was well written overall but could have been more suspenseful. When the big reveal happens it was kind of a let down and didn't seem as exciting as I would have thought. I did enjoy the rest of the book though and I'm looking forward to seeing how Chase and Hart's relationship unfolds. I will definitely be reading Social Suicide! ( )
  68papyrus | May 13, 2013 |
Hartley is a fantastic female sleuth. The mystery she tries to solve is unpredictable, very exciting, and suspenseful. I'm looking forward to the next book in the series. ( )
  TheMadHatters | Apr 21, 2013 |
For my mom, whose tofu rice casserole is the most comforting food on the planet
There are three things you never want to find in your boyfriend's locker: a sweaty jock strap, a D minus on last week's history test, and an empty condom wrapper.

When sixteen-year-old Hartley Featherstone finds out that her boyfriend is cheating on her, she goes to his house to confront him and suddenly finds herself embroiled in a murder mystery.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 108,412,541 books! | Top bar: Always visible